Virginia's View Challenge #7: ...and away we go...



Please click HERE for my Creative Blog Hop post.

Please click HERE for my Curtain Call Lovely Leaves post.



So excited to be a Guest Designer for


Virginia's View Challenge #7



I love pattern AND color....always have and always will.

I wanted to feature 2 cards that use paper from the same collection, Fancy Pants, Nautical collection.

This first one uses the printed paper as a focal point:


If you've been following me for a bit, you might know that I've picked up another hobby...flying!

Well, this is when I should add that I don't actually fly the plane, that's Darin's job.  He had me 'take the wheel' last time we went out but I wasn't diggin' that at.all.  I will have to eventually learn the basics of landing the plane, just in case.  That my friends will be a scary day as I will probably do it all the while screaming...

Next up is a shaped card...using the same collection along with Neat & Tangled's Sailmates set:


Virginia got me hooked on shaped cards!

Same paper collection...totally different looks, eh?

I can't wait to see how you're inspired by

Comments

wendipooh13 said…
super fun!!!! LOVE the circle card!!!
Unknown said…
Congrats on the GD spot! Love your use of patterns in both cards. Best of luck with learning to land! Sounds so scary.
Jessi Fogan said…
I'd be screaming too, lol! AUGH! I love both of these - especially the shaped one!
Lynn said…
Oh this so fun! Love all those patterned papers..and holy moly...can't even imagine trying to land a plane!
jessica said…
Super FUN cards!!!!!!
Love that paper line!
tonyamaries said…
These are both great cards! Love the paper and that sail boat is too cute!
FUN, FUN, FUN, LOVE Virginia's View Challenge, so great to see you --a PERFECT designer for Pattern Papers!!!!!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Well this is a perfect Guesting for you -- dp. Super fun cards - you go with the flying!
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGosh, I Love it when you go nautical! That shaped card has me squeeling! What an adorable pieced sailboat...and seriously genius "waves"! And talk about genius....your flying scene is brilliant!
donna mikasa said…
Yay for guesting for Virginia's View! I'm smitten with your round card--sooooo cute!
Fun, I need to use more of my stash… funny how I have so much patterned paper and tend to go towards inky love.
Shelly said…
Both of these are sooo CUTE!!! LOVE the papers you chose to use! And hey, screaming in all, as long as you land safely that's all the matters! ;)
cm said…
Congrats on your GD spot - and what two delightful cards you've shared! I'm applauding your courage in even going up in a small plane,never mind taking the wheel! I'm plane-phobic..seriously terrified. Whenever you take the plunge (sorry,no pun intended...) to learn to land, you'll do an amazing job, even while screaming *grin*
Hugs~c
Karen Amidon said…
Love contrast too and you did a beauty of a job with your nautical shaped card! Great paper piecing! How awesome to fly a plane...just don't close your eyes while you are screaming!