she stood...



You all know that coffee cards are my favorites to design...did you know that nautical was 2nd runner up?  There is something about nautical designs that make me happy.  

cardstock:  papertrey ink vellum paper:  carta bella/ahoy there  stamps:  verve stamps/adjusted sails  ink:  stampin' up white embossing  other:  spellbinders circles, studio calico wood veneer

I love sentiments...LOVE them.  Verve Stamps is always a great source of thee most awesome inspirational quotes.  Today's card uses Adjusted Sails...it's on sale for $2.40!

I decided to use Carta Bella's Ahoy There collection.  I need to replenish my nautical paper collection supply <-- I say that but honestly, I have so much paper but I'm such a collection girl.

Loved playing with Mojo Monday's Tall & Skinny sketch:


I remembered that Mountain Plains Crafters has a Nautical challenge:


Fun to be joining these ladies, first time linking!  I've gotten to know a handful of them through the Coffee Lovers Blog Hops:)





Comments

Lynn said…
Love, love, love Amy!
I didn't know your nautical addiction....it's a great inspiration!!
Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that quote!!!!!!!!
Annette Allen said…
what an awesome card.. i totally love it..
Audrey Pettit said…
I love nautical, too! So fun, Amy! What a fabulous sentiment that is, and what an awesome mix of papers. I absolutely adore that little woodsy boat, too!
Tall and skinny, what I love is that that type of card makes me think of you, even though I know that you're petite. Well I think coffee is my #1, wine #2 and perhaps someday I should get better at making birthday and thank you cards? Maybe I need more vintage trailer stamp sets?
Helen F. said…
Oh how I love anything Nautical!! Your card is simply fabulous, Amy and the quote is awesome :-)
Waving My Wand said…
Oh my gosh, I LOVE that sentiment! Your nautical card is fantastic! Thanks so much for linking up to our challenge. :)

Terri ~ MPC Design Team
Miriam Prantner said…
Love your take on the sketch! Perfect papers, love the wood veneer bit too!
wendipooh13 said…
CUTE!! LOVE the quote and ship!!!
Anonymous said…
Wow, Amy! I LOVE your card!!!
Julia Aston said…
Wonderful mix of papers and colors!
VanessaB said…
so beautiful and patriotic. love it!
So pretty, Amy! You definitely captured the nautical look perfectly. :)
Vicki Dutcher said…
Never seen this challenge - so many challenges :) -- fabulous nautical card LOVE those red stripes!
CraftyTime4U said…
I love your take on this sketch is really fabulous! Have a great day Amy!
Yuki said…
Super fun card! Always love your coffee and nautical themed cards!
So fabulous! Love the vellum over that wavy paper. Such a wonderful look! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!
Kara Lynne said…
Great way to use that wonderful sentiment! I love your nautical papers and that ship is fantastic too!
Ashley Horton said…
Awesome nautical card Amy!
Laura Norris said…
So wonderful! Great quote too!
Anonymous said…
LOVE how the circle is offset off of the card. Great layout :)
Jill Norwood said…
Love this Amy!!! Great sentiment! Love my Verve! :)
Deepti said…
Beautiful ! I love the quote :)
Samantha Mann said…
Fabulous!!! Loooooove the nautical theme! Those bold red stripes with the navy and wood...swoon!!!! Awesome all the way through!!
Super pretty! I love those printed papers together, great mix... Thanks for playing along with Mountain Plains Crafters
SherylK said…
Amy, that card is simply amazing. And I know what you mean about collecting paper. I can't seem to stop buying it. I see a cute design in a pack of papers and, well, you know the rest. Thanks so much for playing with us at Mountain Plains Crafters. Good luck.
jessica said…
Tall and Skinny and absolutely AWESOME!