Guest Blogger: Valentine's - Series Part 2






I'm back with my Impress Guest Blogger - Valentine's Day Series!  Today I'm sharing a feminine and masculine card.  Let's get started with the girlie one:


How cute is that Savvy Stamps polar bear with mug?  Mine is a hybrid brown polar version :)  I couldn't resist adding pink cheeks and matching mittens.  She's enjoying a cup of coffee (wink).  I've stamped her with Ranger Archival Black and colored her with Zig Clean Color Markers and a paintbrush.  Do you see the Impress heart border?  I thought I grabbed my Hero Arts white embossing powder but it was the clear.  I like it with the tone on tone look, how about you?





My card was inspired by:



Next up is my masculine card.  If you've been following me for a while, you know that masculine cards continue to be a challenge for me...how do you think I did?


black + gold = WOW

The background is the new Valentine's Day Coloring Book stamp by Impress.  Isn't it beautiful?  I heat embossed it in clear...it adds so much drama to the overall design!

I topped off the card with the Savvy Deer Head die and hello my deer sentiment.



 Impress Valentine's Day Coloring Book






Make sure you visit the Impress BLOG SHOP.

Comments

Karen B. said…
Wow what diversity your talent has! Amazing cards!
Joan B said…
awesome. the second card showed up in my feedly and I was blown away
Love love love these!!! LOVING the little mittens on the polar bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Cute polar bear -- love the masculine card!!
I Card Everyone said…
Girlies is cute, amy, but I think you've conquered your challenge ... this masculine card is so fabulous! I would never color that stamp ... OH the places that one could take me!
=]
Audrey Pettit said…
Awww, what fabulous cards, my friend! I absolutely love that sweet little bear with her pink mittens, and love your take on that sketch. Are those wood veneer candy dots? So cool! And your masculine design is uhhhhmazing! LOVE the black and gold! Wow! And LOVE the clear embossing and the deer head and the sentiment. LOVE it all!
Shelly said…
Umm...these are both AWESOME!! I just LOVE your brown polar bear! ;) So cute! And your masculine card?!...Yeah, it totally ROCKS!!
Happy Friday!!
Kay Miller said…
Oh these are both wonderful Amy! That little polar bear is adorable and the man card is beyond awesome! The background is stunning!!
Diane Jaquay said…
Fab cards, Amy, I love how you included the doily with your die cut piece on the first card, I'm going to have to pin that and try it!
SugarGem said…
Loving that color combo. Your deer card is fab! Trendy, chic and fab! Mwah!
Wow! That masculine card rocks!
jessica said…
OMG LOVE that masculine card!!! So striking!!!!!
AWESOME girly one too :)
June Houck said…
The first card is so precious and a great take on the sketch; the second card is absolutely stunning and classy. Love :)
lauren bergold said…
both of these are astonishingly FAB, obviously! (& for the record, nobody who didn't hear you say you struggle with guy cards would ever guess you struggle with guy cards. especially whilst lookin' at THIS masterpiece right here! yowza!) ♥♥♥
Lisa Lara said…
What fun Amy. I love the polar bear and your hearts border. Great job on the sketch. That sketch scares me. I love your masculine card. That background is perfect on the black.......nice.
Cris G. said…
The first card is so sweet with the girly bear! Beautiful color combo and yes, the tone on tone looks great... also love the partial doily.
Your masculine card is just amazing!!! Love the black heat embossed background... the stamp is just WOW!
Lisa said…
Ooooohhhh.....I LOVE this! The whole thing...love that background stamp and the gold with the black.....LOVE! So beautiful and masculine...I think you're lying... It's not hard for you....liar. Pants on fire.
Betty Wright said…
These are both fantastic, Amy! Great details on both!
wendipooh13 said…
ohhhh LOVE both your amazing cards!!!!
Kim S said…
I have to say that I hadn't understood the deer head trend until I saw your card. How amazingly elegant!!
Jinny Newlin said…
Gorgeous cards, Amy! I am so in love with that second one! The black and gold is so striking, and your embossed background... Swoon!
Yuki said…
Your first card is just adorable!! And I absolutely love the second, absolutely stunning!!
Helen F. said…
Both cards are totally awesome, Amy. Love that little bear~too cute and the Stag Head masculine card is so striking!