warm hugs





Happy Friday Eve! I made this one especially for the boy:


When he left NYC in mid-December it was in the upper 60's.  Luckily he missed the snow by one day (he went back to NYC on Sunday) but still has to deal with piles of the stuff, soggy feet and empty shelves at the grocery store.

I'm simply smitten with the Concord & 9th's, Let's Chat set.  I used my white chalk marker to color in the leaves...the cup and saucer have been watercolored with my, yes, Zig Clean Color Markers.

I was inspired by the paper players:


I went super clean with the sketch so that I could also link up to:



Adore, I love that and why yes, I adore my boy...my kids...I'm so grateful and thankful for both of them.  I can't believe that my girl will be turning 21 in about 7 weeks...how can that be?

Comments

Joan B said…
awesome card. love those colors. cannot believe you have a 21 year old!
Lisa Lara said…
Sweet Amy, I love the soft green.
Lynn said…
Time flies doesn't it! Perfect card for your boy!
Karen B. said…
That image is so striking! Perfect card for a boy you adore.
This is gorgeous! LOVING the little hearts!!!! I was just thinking about the SAME thing with Adam ... he turns 19 (!!!!!) in about 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki Dutcher said…
FUN! He will love this card - its so mom! ;)
jessica said…
Beautiful card Amy!
Your son will love it!!
I Card Everyone said…
Loving this dark card-base, amy ... makes every wonderful thing you've added just pop. As a mom, I can only say "don't blink." xx
=]
Julia Aston said…
a lovely card for the boy!
Shelly said…
So super sweet, Amy!
SugarGem said…
This is so you! I always knowknow your cards when II see your unique style in my feed!
Annette Allen said…
such a cute card.. i love the little hearts you added..
Lisa Petrella said…
This is so super sweet, Amy! Love your color choices and those adorable little hearts next to the leaves! Such a cute detail!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Love this card, Amy! Awesome color combo and love that watercolor coffee cup. And those tiny woodsy hearts are fabulous. I bet your boy truly could use some warm hugs in all that snow! So glad he missed the worst of it!
Diane Jaquay said…
Love everything about this card, Amy, especially the fact that I have this stamp set, I might just have to case this design and send one to MY boy!
laurie said…
Cute card Amy! I love those tiny hearts..what a fun idea, and your son will love it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!
Jaydee said…
Very cute card. I love the coffee cup from above - what a great take on this concept. I know your son will love this card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee
Cute card Amy! I love that set too!!
Hannelie said…
Sweet... cute... and adorable cuppa!

Thanks for joining us at CASology !
Jenny said…
Loving the contrast between the pastel colour crockery and the bold patterned paper :)
Jenny x