Hello World Blog Hop!




I'm super excited to be part of the Hello World Blog Hop!  A little background about the hop....Catherine Pooler and Chaitali Narla have teamed up to bring the Hello World Stamp set and coordinating dies!  Chaitali reached out to Catherine offering to partner up to do some good in the world.  She would illustrate a stamp set for Catherine Pooler Designs and they would work together to choose a cause to raise money for that cause through the sale of that set.

Catherine spotted in her facebook newsfeed a Go Fund Me page set up by Jennifer Ingle (AKA Jingle) and her husband, Sean.

Sean is a teacher in a school where most kids are on a free and reduced lunch program, they don’t have computers at home or at school and the school doesn’t have the funds for a curriculum.  In the spirit of giving his students the best education he can provide, Sean is working to raise funds to purchase computers for his classroom.  You can read more HERE.



All profits of the sale of the Hello World stamp and die set during October 1 - October 7 will be donated to purchase computers for Jennifer Ingle's husband's class.  

Now how exciting is that?!  I have the greatest respect for teachers.  My kids have benefitted from several excellent + caring teachers in their lives...starting from Pre-K all the way up until they were seniors.  I believe this has helped solidify their self motivation and hard work in college.

For all the details about the new products available, please see Catherine's blog and the shop!

You should have arrived here from Allison Cope's blog!  If not, start at the beginning which is Catherine Pooler's!

Here's my first card:


I knew that my first card was going to be Clean + Simple!  It was thoroughly inspired by THIS card designed by Michele Ferguson.  I heat embossed the Hello World sentiment and the YAY Stripes stamp in white.  I finished it off with some enamel dots.

Thanks to CASE this Sketch:


Next up is rainbow inspired design:


The chevron is from the Yay Stripes stamp set and have been stamped with pigment ink.  The Hello from Hello World was then stamped on top with Versafine.  I finished off  my card with a black strip of cardstock.  

I'll be back next week with a scrappy card using these stamps...I knew my post would be fairly long with two cards!  Next up is Lisa Harrolle!

Here's the hop listing in case you get lost along the way:

Amy Tsuruta --> You're here! 

supplies:
Clean + Simple Hello
cardstock:  mft grout gray, hero arts sea mixed layering papers
stamps:  catherine pooler designs hello world/yay stripes
ink:  hero arts white embossing powder
other:  studio calico enamel dots, corner chomper

Rainbow Hello
cardstock:  memory box note card, recollections black
stamps:  catherine pooler designs hello world/yay stripes
ink:  impress fresh ink - red currant/pumpkin/chamomille/grass/navy/silver lilac, versafine black  

Comments

Laurel said…
Wonderful cards Amy!
Ohhhhhhhh these are fabulous and loving the cause too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Awesome cause! Great cards~
Aunt Mary said…
great cards. Love the simplicity of the first one and the great colors on the second. TFS
Unknown said…
Beautiful rainbow card. TFS
Unknown said…
Beautiful cards, I love the rainbow one! Tfs Amy
Jingle said…
Amy, these are fabulous. YOU are fabulous. Thank you so very much for being a part of this important promotion. Sean and I are beyond thankful for your help!
Jo Ann Lovell said…
Love both of your cards. Awesome!
Susan Powell said…
Great cards but WOW do I ever love that first one!! So CAS and so perfect!
Sheri Gilson said…
Wonderful cards, Amy! Happy WCMD!!
Heather North said…
Amy, I am so glad you are part of this special blog hop for the kids. Your first card is lovely, fresh and clean. I really like the curved edge you added to the blue layer. Your second card is similar to my second card. I guess great minds really do think alike. ;)
Unknown said…
Your first card is sooo elegant!
Unknown said…
Two really special cards.
Chark said…
beautiful cards--great cause!
Nora Noll said…
What fabulous cards!! Love the simplicity of them!!
None None said…
Gorgeous cards, Amy!! I love the elegance of your first card - the colors, layout and embellies are CAS perfection!
Laura said…
Love, love, love the chevron dots card.
Ebrown said…
I love the first card. So clean and simple.
Two different and beautiful cards!
Unknown said…
I love the elegant simplicity of the first card and bright fun colors of the second card. Great versatility, how inspiring!
I love how simple the first card is and the second is so bright and cheery!!! Great job! Helping kids succeed=PRICELESS
TFS!
Susan K said…
Great cards - Love the simple hello card and the colors on the second card
LOVE SO MUCH -LOVE the sketch!!!!!!
Kristie Goulet said…
LOVE your cards, Amy!!!
Both of your cards are gorgeous, but I just love how pretty those light blue and white stripes look together! Great color!
Miriam Prantner said…
Great cards! I love how CAS and soft the first one is!
Leigh Penner said…
Wonderful cards, Amy!
Unknown said…
Both cards are great Amy! The CAS is delicate & soft.
Mary Holshouser said…
Love the chevrons. the colors
are so pretty.
That first card is so plain and simple
and so wonderful.
thanks for sharing.
Sue D said…
Wonderful card designs. I like the rainbow of colors on the second one.
n56leiker said…
I loved your cards! Thank you for the inspiration!
Melissa said…
Beautiful cards, Amy!
Nan0807 said…
Awesome cards for an awesome cause!
{Chrissie} said…
Amazing, as always! I love both cards so much!!!!!!
Penelope said…
Nice simple cards! I think those intimidate me the most!
Marta said…
I love both cards but the first one made me go "wow." it's so simple and yet it makes a big impact.
Deeps said…
Love both your cards. I also like the chevron dots. It looks like a lot of fun.
Unknown said…
Such pretty cards! Tfs. Blessings. Lisa
Hetty said…
Loving your serene card.
jandbspiegel said…
The first card - clean and simple - WOW that is really nice. The rainbow dots are beautiful - can't wait to get these stamps and dies
Mom and wife. said…
Lovely card. Thanks for sharing and for your kindness
great cards! the first one is so sweet with the soft color scheme. thanks for sharing your creativity!
Hannelie said…
Awesome CAS take on the sketch Amy!
Thanks for sharing with us at Case this sketch!
bbunch said…
Love both cards but really am taken with the CAS card & sketch.