Color Throwdown: Peace & Joy



Stampin' Up, that's basically what started this whole thing.  I was a big fan of Splitcoaststampers, filled up a gallery and moved to this place that I call home.  I recently celebrated my 9th blogaversary.  Time definitely flies and I truly never would have imagined how much designing and blogging would become a part of my life.

So, I was chuckling that this is the 2nd time that I've inked up the Festive Fireplace set only to find out that it's the FIRST time.  Sigh.  


I did a bunch of watercoloring and die cutting.  The sentiment is from the Good Greetings set.  The wreath, kitty, mantel and fire are on foam adhesive.


I love how the Color Burst looks behind the wreath!

I was inspired by the Color Throwdown:


I was also inspired by THIS card.

Thanks so much for stoppin' by!

Comments

Shelly said…
Happy 9th blogaversary, again! :)
Well, it's good to know I'm not the only one who laughs at myself...my memory is just plain gone half the time! lol You inked up that set wonderfully! And I agree, that color burst behind the wreath is awesome! Such a sweet card, Amy!
Enjoy your Saturday/weekend!
Nora Noll said…
Oh how lovely!! That color behind the wreath makes the fireplace POP. Totally cute little scene!!
Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I am LOVING that fireplace! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisaerica said…
Love this Amy, really cute scene! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
Vicki Dutcher said…
Cozy Christmas scene :)
Kelly Griglione said…
WOW your 9th blogoversary?! That makes you the most experienced card blogger I know, Amy! So wait, next year it will be a decade, that's insanely awesome! Does one go on a cruise to celebrate the 10th or something? Seems like it should be something big : ) Love that you inked up a set for the first time for this card. It's gorgeous, especially with the color burst. Makes a traditional scene a little more modern. Hugs, Kelly
Helen Gullett said…
This is FANTASTIC fire place scene, Amy! Your coloring is amazing. And happy blogoversary!
Vickie Z said…
Yeah... Ready for Christmas! Sweet scene! So glad you joined us at CTD!
Kim Heggins said…
Oh....this is the sweetest scene. Love that fireplace.
Audrey Pettit said…
Gorgeous! Such a GREAT scene! Love the colorburst behind the wreath, too! <3
Broni said…
What an adorable little winter scene! That looks a little like my cat Sunny! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!
Helen F. said…
Awww, lovely and warm Christmas card!