The Heart Desires Challenge #9: Hello Sunshine



Thanks to everyone that joined us for Challenge #8!  The gallery is full of beautiful projects!  We're unveiling Challenge #9 today:


Challenges will run from the first Wednesday to the last day of each month.
Enter up to 3 times and combine with no more than 5 challenges, including ours.
Include the inspiration pic as well as a link to the challenge in your post.
The challenge winner will be invited to be a future guest designer.
Most importantly, have fun!!!!

Isn't that the most perfect breath of spring?!  I'm so excited by the inspiration photo and colors, how about you?!

Here is how I was inspired:


Confession:  I have a TON of 6x6 paper pads so today I decided to focus on those for my project.  I was able to combine the My Favorite Things - Farm Fresh Gingham with the Doodlebug Design - Fun in the Sun 6x6 Paper Pads.  

The pin cushion in the upper left hand corner really inspired my project.  I liked the idea of the block design.  The marshmallow wool felt and heart dies are from my stash but I really liked how that turned out.  I originally was going to use cork but decided that the felt would really 'soften' up the design.


The 'hello sunshine' strip is from the Doodlebug paper pad.  The safety pin was on my desk...LOL.  It all worked out beautifully.

I can't wait to see how my teamies were inspired!  Make sure you pop over to The Heart Desires blog for more inspiration and to see who our February Guest Designer is!



Comments

Kelly Griglione said…
Hey Amy! Oh yes, good call on the marshmallow felt with the lime & white patterned paper ... so pretty! Way to dip into your 6x6 collection : )
very pretty! love the pattern papers used
cheers
preety
Karen B. said…
My paper pads sit...mostly unused and aren't even displayed prettily! Love the mix of patterns on your fun card.
Happy Dance said…
Green. *sigh* This is just soooo sweet! My Grandma Violet used to make pincushions...I have one in my sewing box, and one in the attic tucked away. You've really captured that image in the inspiration photo. This is just darling. LOVE that sweet little felt heart. I hope to play along, too! : ) Bev
Nora Noll said…
Your combination of paper is PERFECTION!! I love the addition of the felt heart and the tiny pin that attaches the sentiment. All these little details make up one adorable card.
Evelin said…
I love the colors! They look so fresh and happy :D but I think that little felt heart stole my heart away <3
fun use of papers girlie!
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
Pretty work with pretty spring colors!
Lisa Lara said…
oh my golly this is just the sweetest Amy. I love that little sentiment tag with the safety pin. So sweet.
Ohhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the green and the heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teresa Doyle said…
Really sweet Amy. I am VERY inspired by both your card AND the photo!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Love the pattern use!
Unknown said…
Oh! This is beautiful Amy! Love the patterns and colors together!
Cris G. said…
Totally sweet inspiration... great pattern play, makes me want to sew. Your card is adorable!
I Card Everyone said…
it's as cute as the adorable images in the inspiration board, amy ... I going to dig around for a little gingham goodness!
=]
Juhi said…
Awesome design Amy! What a great use of patterned paper!
Helen F. said…
Totally love how you used these beautiful papers, Amy! Thanks for the design idea :-)
donna mikasa said…
Oh, I love that block design! And the pierced felt hearts? Super love!!
Celeste Goff said…
What a fabulous card Amy! I see your signature green and I love the layout and great papers you used!
Sheri Gilson said…
Fabulous card, Amy! Love the green and how you used the pattern papers in your design!
cm said…
Yes, if most certainly did work out beautifully! Great way to use/combine papers...and the safety pin! Right on!
Hugs~c
Lisaerica said…
Very pretty Amy! Great interpretation, you (pinned it) lol. You get it, instead of you nailed it, you pinned it, sorry I had to, lol. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.