with heartfelt sympathy...



I'm sending out 2 sympathy cards this week...such difficult cards to make.  I'm a fan of non-traditional colors...the lighter and pastel the better.  This one is being sent to a family:


I haven't inked up the Reverse Confetti Rose Garden in awhile.  I originally picked it for the rose image so bonus points that it has a sympathy sentiment.  I was thinking of using a stencil for the Sand background but decided to keep it clean and crisp.

The pattern strip is from the True Love 6x6 paper pad.  The pink cardstock is Piggy Bank.  The rose is colored with Zig Clean Color Markers.  The leaves are Zig to Zig but the rose was actually colored with 2 different shades of pink and then literally saturated with water to swoosh the colors around.  I love the loose watercolor effect.  The Midnight ink and Cloud White cardstock works well for this technique.  I dried the image with my heat gun.


I was inspired by The Card Concept:


...and Fab Friday:




Comments

This is so beautiful! Loving that flower! I am sure they will appreciate this!
Celeste Goff said…
This is so simple but so beautiful!
Billie A said…
Yes very hard to make but you did an awesome job. Love the soft colors and layout. Very beautiful.
Karen B. said…
A gorgeous card.
Helen F. said…
Lovely card and beautiful sentiment on this one, Amy!
Greta said…
I just had to make 2 sympathy cards, too--always hard. I love the simplicity & soft colors--lovely card!
Hetty said…
Beautiful card. I know handmade sympathy cards are very much appreciated.
Cris G. said…
Wonderful card, Amy! Although it is a hard one to make, it will comfort someone.
Heather said…
This is lovely - your coloring is delicate and perfect - just right for the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!
Cindy Beach said…
I love this card, Amy! Beautifully done and the colors are perfect.
Amanda Mertz said…
So pretty and soft! I like the offset center panel! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!