Savvy Birthday

I'm very lucky to be surrounded by a TON of area stamp companies, Savvy Stamps is one of them. The inspiration for this card design was from the Savvy Gallery. The sentiment is ala A Muse {another local stamp company!}. Paper piecing is a great way to use scraps. I'm good at "collecting" scraps..I'm just not so good about using them. Picture this: I have both my paper cutter and paper scorer on my boy's air hockey table. With all this Holiday Gift Show prep, I have a TON of paper scraps basically covering every area that doesn't have a cutter or scorer on it. It makes it easy to use the scraps {there are literally "layers" of scraps..}. This Large Whimsical Outline Cake image is just screaming to be paper pieced...dontcha think?
-------------------------------------------
stamps: savvy & a muse paper: k&co, speckletone kraft & misc black/white ink: versafine vintage sepia

Comments

Janine said…
Perfect for paper piecing Amy!! Great card...
Angie Tieman said…
Super cute card!! Love the piecing! Layers if scraps everywhere...sounds like heaven!
Julia Aston said…
What a great 'big' cake!!! it IS perfect for paper piecing and this looks terrific on the kraft paper - fun understated sentiment Amy!!
Cindy Haffner said…
I love paper piecing, aweosme job.
Catherine said…
oh it sure is and you sure did made this cake very yummy :)
love it, Amy.
lauren bergold said…
oh yeah.
OHHHHHHHHHH
YEAAAHHHHHHHHH!

(ok, now see: MINIMALIST *paisley* CAKE!!!!!!!!! how do ya DO THAT, woman?!???!???!♥)

(ps: zen monstas?? you may very well think so...but i couldn't POSSIBLY comment...) (actually they're more like MINIMALIST monstas...and they will help to illustrate why i *SO* needed your guidance on this one...oy...) :)
Jenn said…
That cake is awesome!!! Love the piecing! :D
Stacey said…
Super cute paper piercing! ~x~
Savitri said…
Lucky you!!! Super cute card. That cake is awesome!
Susan said…
I think you're right, that cake looks so yummy! And YOU are Blessed or tempted to have all those wonderful stores close to you! I think I need to plan a road trip in the spring. I'll start saving my pennies (HAHAHA) now!
Ann said…
Perfect card for paper piecing--love it! :D
SmilynStef said…
I am a huge Savvy fan ... do you know anywhere you can find them online? Love your fun cake card.
JenMarie said…
OMGosh, LOVE this!!
Anonymous said…
I think paper piercing is fun :)
I TAGGED you on my BLOG!
Elaine said…
Hey girl, I might miss the party on Saturday - I got stuck in a parking garage when my ignition decided to quit! :( It's at the mechanic - we are going to look at cars on Saturday....or maybe I'll come over with a new car and steal your Savvy card because it is rockin cute!
Carolina said…
Ohhh, love the paper pieced cake! It reminds me of some of the cakes the make using white chocolate and stencils...just adorable!
Rose Ann said…
I LOVE your paper-pieced cake, Amy!! Fantastic card!!
Anonymous said…
Cute card Amy! I love the contrast of the red paper pieced cake with the kraft cardstock.