..smile..


Happy Thursday!!!

Today is Sketch 21 Challenge & Product challenge over at Limelight Papercrafts! We were asked to play with Tulle. What a fun embellie to work with. I love the look of pleating so I decided to use that technique with the Splash Tulle.
For this challenge, if you don't have tulle, don't worry! Use another ribbon, lace, cloth....or even a tulle skirt image! OR...skip the tulle all together. We still want to see what you can do with this sketch!

My card base is SU chocolate chip otherwise all the other papers are ala October Afternoon. I absolutely adore the stuff!!! The buttons are from my vintage collection :)

Check out the Limelight DT for their sketch cards:

Here are the deets:

Use the sketch provided and think TULLE! You can CERTAINLY be flexible with your interpretation of tulle, and you may definitely skip it if you don't have any!! In fact, we hope you win if you do not have tulle....because we'll get to send you some! :)

**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC021.

**Post a comment with a link to your card by Sunday, May 17th, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.) on the Limelight blog.

**PRIZE ~ Five yards of tulle of the winner's choice!(Winner is chosen randomly from all participants.)

ALL ORDERS of $35 or more will receive one jar of Shimmerz for FREE!!

I had an interesting lesson in Aikido that I'm still "paying" for...2 words for you = backwards somersaults...My body feels like I've been hit with the flu, someone keeps telling me it is a good kind of hurt..lol.

I hope that you are having a great week...tomorrow is Friday!! Woo Hooo...

I have 2 posts for today so make sure you check out the other one :)

Comments

Susan said…
what a delightful combination of papers, Amy! love the 'woodgrain' bg with the very fun forest scene! And the Tule...I love that stuff...I think I just might have some purple around...Awesome work, girl!
Saskia said…
Lovely work Amy!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia
Angie Tieman said…
Wowza! Another great card! Love the little forest scene you created with that paper and wood print background, too cute! I love the tulle too, I'll have to dig around tonight and see if I can find some to try this challenge! TFS!
Lisa H. said…
great focus on that beautiful OA paper. LOVE how you used the tulle, FUN stuff, girlie!
Laurel said…
I so need some OA paper! Great job!
Tina said…
Wow, this is a fun one. Love that woodgrain paper, so authentic with your theme.
Mandy said…
Wow, this DOES make me smile! :) I love the way you pleated the tulle! Never thought of that! LOVE IT!!! And...backwards somersaults? Yeah, ouch!
lauren bergold said…
i just saw this sketch on another blog and i couldn't wait to come see what you had done with it. i *KNEW* it would rock and i was sooooooo right! i loooooooove the tulle generally, i love that you *pleated* it, and i adore your paper selections, especially that wonky woodgrain*!!! ♥♥♥




*which i must go forth and purchase NOW. (seriously.) (ciao, darling!)
Amy said…
So Cute Amy!! Love those woodland papers!!
Kristen H said…
Great work, again. I hope your body makes a quick recovery. Try laying with your butt on a rolled towel and your legs up the wall, your back on the floor. This is a stretch I learned and if you do it for like 10 minutes you will feel like you took an hour nap. Try it!!!
Martha said…
Wow, what a lovely card! Great papers you used :)
Elaine said…
love your 'tulle-in around' on the card, Amy! As for the flu, I think it's ninja boy's fault! ;-)
Kim Dellow said…
Gorgeous card as ever Amy. Kim
Kristie Larsen said…
oooh. gonna try to squeeze this in. Great card!
Sparkplug17 said…
What a fun sketch and challenge! Your card is darling. Hope you're not too sore. I'm tired of the rain. :(
Becky Carafa said…
You had me at "October Afternoon"! Love what you did with the tulle.
Unknown said…
Cuuuute! LOVE that bit of tulle along the bottom! And those OA papers...yum!! Fabulous like always Amy!

(-: Heidi
xiumaiyuki said…
A big fan of October Afternoon PP here as well! I love how you combined these cute PP together. fabulous card!
Vicky said…
fantastic, amy! gorgeous papers!
Unknown said…
fabulous card amy, way to rock the tulle!! great sketch too, might have to give it a whirl ;)
hugs!!
~rae
Carla said…
This is wonderful, Amy! I love the tulle peeking out! Congrats on the Limelight DT!! I am so out of it, I didn't even know! They are so lucky to have you!!
Peet said…
Great card, Amy!!! Love it!!!
Ann said…
LOVE those adorable papers!
Lee said…
Oh how pretty is the tulle under the image panel!!! Just gorgeous!!
Lorie said…
This is very pretty! Nice job!
Rose Ann said…
I love the layout, papers, and your pleating looks fabulous..Amy!!
Kay said…
The tulle is such a soft, sweet addition to your wonderful card! ♥♥ Kay
Savitri said…
Oh, I used tulle. I did I did :) This is pretty. I almost used that paper too for a scrapbook page but changed my mind. I love it. I've had it for a while and have been hoarding it.