i will always...


Hello and Happy Saturday!

My plans were to 'sleep in' until 5 am...I ended up getting out of bed at 4 am and made 1 card...only one card is over 4.5 hours...more on that in a smidge...

I played with some Hambly and Echo Park this morning:


The red heart panel is actually a Hambly overlay {transparency}...I lined it up with the sweet grey hearts....this is where I insert several times:

I my sewing machine
I my sewing machine
I my sewing machine

Why is it that my 'vintage thread' tends to go wonky?  It must be the thread tension on the Janome but I hate messing with that....so the zig zags....those my friends, have been hand stitched.  I originally ran it through the Janome but it turned out super NOT cool...usually I say that it is "whimsical" but honestly, it just looked plain BAD.  So, much to my dismay, I had to search around for a needle {gotta buy some of those} and handstitched those puppies.  I LVE the look of thick handstitching BUT I'm L-A-Z-Y.  

My card is loosely based on the newest Clean & Simple sketch:


This would be my Breakfast of Champions this morning...

Coffee & Mini-Eggs


Needed the energy to go through my Google Reader which I've been getting consistently behind only to discover that it has gone OVER the 1k mark...seriously?!


So between all the CHA postings and right now it seem like all the PTI anniversary postings, my Google Reader fills up FAST.  That's okay, I love it all:)

"patience grasshopper"

that's what I have to remind myself every now and then...

This is a prime example:


Moving too fast for my camera this morning...



Sebastian Update

Remember that today is the final day to link up your cards for Sweet Sebastian!  You have until 11:59 pm pacific to link up to win a $25 The Craft's Meow Gift Certificate.

Link HERE
Ginger has posted an update about Sebastian HERE
You should check HERE too on Ginger's blog.

we're up to 29 cards on the linky!!!

Okay, I gotta get choppin'...I'm headed out the door with the boy this morning to do have some quality shopping time with him.  We're off to find the perfect gifts for the girl that will be {gulp} 17 years old next month {sigh:sob:gasp}.... 

Comments

Laurel said…
Fabulous card Amy, loving all the hearts!
Annette Allen said…
beautiful card...love the stitching..and that amazing paper...
Chunyuan said…
awesome cards with the screen and paper. Love your stitches. I need to use mine more.
THERESA said…
You say 17, lol, i have to say 28 this side, yikes, where did all the years gone...........hehehehe
Super card, love the stitching, makes a lot of difference!!
lotsa luv
Sherry Eckblad said…
I love your sewing machine too. I am afraid to do a zigzag on mine. Do you have to change the presser foot when you do that?
WOW! That zig zag stitching is beautiful--I LOVE how perfect it looks! LOVE your set up for the photo too! And I LOVE that you also have over 1000 posts to read! I felt like I was the only one!!!! HUGS!
xiumaiyuki said…
oh, but it came out BEAUTIFULLY!!! so worth the 4.5 hours. LOVING everything about this card... down to the last stitch. :o)
dstandard said…
Awesome Amy - love the stitching!
Lynn said…
Ah...my sewing machine does the same thing. I probably really need to have it cleaned, but haven't mustered the energy to do so! Your card is fabulous! What a great idea with the transparency. I hope you have a very successful shopping trip!
Jay Gee said…
Your hand stitching looks fabulous Amy! Love this card. enjoy your shopping :)
Sewing machines are my best friend too... ahem... not really. We have a love/hate relationship most days! lol! I love love love love that card!! I am loving the stitching you did and the hambly! And YAY for 29 cards for Sebastian!! That is AWESOME!
Alice said…
love this sketch and your take on it. darling card, Amy! have a fab weekend, my friend! =)
Soooo worth the hand stitching!!! What a yummy breakfast too - I LOVE cadbury chocolate :>)
Sylvia said…
Fabulous card, Amy, my day started early, but no real crafting! I had a package to get mailed today to my grandchildren which included homemade chocolate chips cookies! Have a wonderful Sunday and please sleep in a little!
Rose said…
first your card is SWEET!!!
now be sure to mark it on your calendar that you HAND SEWED today so in say.....10 yrs when you do it again you can look back and remember when!!! lol

over 1000? that's why i stay with the old dashboard........... doesn't post how far i am behind!! ;)
Fun transpercy, I say click "mark all read" and go soak up the sun!
Jenny said…
such a sweet card Amy!! (:
Dora said…
Ow this is so sweet!
TesaB said…
Ohhhh, soooo sweet!!!! Love the overlay!!!!
farmhouse-story said…
your hand stitching is so awesome, amy! darling card!
Amy said…
This is SUPER amazingly cute!!! LOVE the sewing Amy!!
cnelson said…
Wowzers is this ever GENIUS! LOVE the lined up hearts and your incredible stitching!
~jan said…
Those hand sewn tiny zig zags rock my socks! Worth every second. What kind of photo tent do you use? I need one but am afraid to buy and not like.
Trinh said…
Pretty card! I admire you for hand-sewing that zig zag; looks great!
Jen W. said…
Love the way you lined up the hearts. And I think mini eggs are their own food group - they're certainly essential to one's diet!
Lynnda said…
Your card is so pretty... you nailed the sketch... and I love your sewing machine too... its Magic!!!... Hugs...xoxo
jen said…
This is so amazing- but you are crazy! HANDSTITCHED? Aye.
Audrey Pettit said…
Oooh, awesome card, Amy! That Hambly overlay is just perfect with that heart paper! How stinkin' cute! And your hand-stitching is just uh-mazing!
Lisa Arana said…
Our days are so similar! Ha. I would love to share coffee and mini-eggs with you some day.

I love your card and serious kudos to you for hand stitching those zig zags. Once i couldn't find my needles so I had to use the threader on my paper piercer to hand sew. And then someone told me I could just open that piercer up and a needle is inside. SERIOUSLY? I need help sometimes.
Anonymous said…
That is one of the prettiest, coolest V day cards ever!!