hello there♥




Blogging live again.

It's rainy and windy here in the Pacific Northwest...all you lucky gals that are at CHA get to miss the ickiness.

It is funny when you start a project and what you end up with isn't anything you originally envisioned.

Meet today's card:


I have about 2 handfuls of really pretty Prima blooms.  I don't generally use them, THIS is my last project using one from my stash.  I definitely gravitate to the felt blooms.

I was inspired by



I used the Mama Elephant Good Times set.

Seriously, everyone on the design team had me thoroughly inspired...and ready to buy THIS & THIS.

The patterned paper is from the January Artful Delight Card kit.  Aha, do you spy my new goodie?  I received my Reverse Confetti order yesterday so I put my Double Edge Scallop border to work!  The sentiment flag is from the RC Tag me set.

So, originally I wasn't even thinking of a bloom in my design...but pinterest changed my mind.  Whenever I get an email that someone has pinned something of mine or started to follow me, I always love to see their boards.  There are a ton of marketers out there, eh?  I don't want to follow people that sell sunglasses or purses...long story short, I pinned THIS from another pinner and it was my inspiration....let's face it, Keisha rocks. 

Sorry, this is becoming a long post and it is almost time for my third cup of coffee!  Yesterday, I finally dropped off the 3 boxes of crafty supplies to the Seattle Children's Hospital.   Total win/win situation, eh?  It's a great reminder of how grateful I am to have my healthy children. 

Some of you may have seen this on FB last night.  I had dinner HERE with the girl and boy last night.


I love my kidlets so very much!




Comments

Lynn said…
Well hello there from Cincinnati. 60 here today instead of -5 last weekend. Wondering why my sinuses are going a little crazy! I love that gorgeous flower. It is stunning. And all the extra touches are perfect Amy!
Shannon J said…
Whoa, LOVE how this turned out, even if it wasn't the original plan - that happens to me ALL the time!! Also love that pic of those two gorgeous girls ;) I have a sneaking suspicion that your girl loves her Mama just as much as she is loved by you :)
Riet said…
So wonderful Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
Laurel said…
Such a beautiful card and photo!
Love love love that card!! LOVING the colors and that flower!! And totally LOVEEEEEEEEE that photo of you and your baby!!!!!!! :)
Janice said…
Loving that bloom! I think you're getting the rain we had here yesterday, stay dry and warm.
Marlena M. said…
Beautiful card and beautiful ladies!!! ;) I'll have to check out that challenge~
SugarGem said…
This is stunning. Wowzer. Glad you go to spend time with the kiddos.
Tracey McNeely said…
What a gorgeous card Amy, I love that felt bloom. Like you I don't tend to use flower embellishments on my cards, but I do love them and hoard/collect them. Love that you love your kiddies, I bet they are as sweet as you. My boy turns 19 tomorrow!! You know what that means in Canada!
jessica said…
What a gorgeous card Amy! LOVE that felt flower!!!
Super pic of you and your daughter!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Great card Amy. Love that felt bloom. Your daughter is beautiful just like her Momma.
cm said…
Your card is delightful, sporting the big bloom, along with your new ME and RC products (I'm amazed at how quickly your RC arrived! Impressive! I have a LONG list to order for when we're next in the US...if I can wait that long!). As gorgeous as your card is, the photo of you and your daughter warms my heart. Two beautiful gals, indeed!
c
Rose said…
Hi Amy! Beautiful card and beautiful ladies :). Such a sweet picture of you and your daughter!

xo,
Rose
Jen W. said…
That really is one fabulous bloom! And I love how it's echoed in that strip of grey paper… :)
clouds said…
cute card, luv the flower! :)
Miriam Prantner said…
That flower is fantastic and I love the dry embossing on the base!
Ashley Horton said…
Love that gorgeous flower on your card Amy, and what a great photo of you and your daughter!!
robinann17 said…
Amy - I love this card - the flower is just stunning! So glad that your daughter and you caught a moment in time with that great photo. It has inspired me to be sure a take a photo of my daughter tomorrow when we get together for brunch! Robin
Kelly Griglione said…
Really gorgeous, Amy! I do love that new border of yours. And yes, Pinterest is a giant vortex of pinning and clicking, pinning and clicking. Once they started putting all those boxes up so you can see who else pinned it and where it got really dangerous!
Jennifer said…
What a beautiful card and picture! Really love that felt flower.
Joni Andaya said…
This is Awesome Amy!!! Beautiful card with the beautiful felt flower! It is so Gorgeous :)
Lynnda said…
Love this beautiful card especially the bloom! And I heart your photo with DD.... Supa sweet!hugs...x
FLEUR de Lo said…
Wow! That bloom ROCKS! You could totally wear it. I love it paired with the wood-feeling paper. Even though the color is bold the card has such a soft feel. You are the master of combination.

Congrats on your new DT!
Aimes said…
CHA envy here, too girlie!
That big bloom is certainly a show-stopper! Beautiful!
Lovely pic of you and your girl too! :)
Annette Allen said…
big flower equals very pretty.. love this card and that picture is so sweet..
Indy's Designs said…
Beautiful! The flower is so pretty!
Hugs, Debbie!
I don't blame you for hoarding the flower, gorgeous! Cutie pic of you and R. :)
lauren bergold said…
ok, so, you had *ME* at "big pink flower" obviously, but there's soooo much to love about this: the texture, that awesome scalloppy border, polka dotty woodgrain print (!!!) jaunty flag... i could keep going but i'd rather go swoon some more over said luscious photo! <3
lauren bergold said…
ps: it looks like the college girl is THRIVING, she looks even more beautiful than ever!!! <3
Lindsey said…
Love! The big bloom is fantastic. And I felt the same way about ME's DT...I'm not sure how much longer I can resist those darling pandas. So fun you got to spend time with your kidlets...love that you call them that. And what a fabulous idea to donate your supplies...I've gotta do that.
Lea Lawson said…
Very pretty, Amy! I love the felt flower!
What an amazing flower! Making that pretty card even more beautiful.

Your 'kidlet' is beautiful, too!
Jinny Newlin said…
What a great pic of you and your beautiful daughter, and I love that gorgeous, felt bloom to bits and bits! WOW!
Beautiful flower and card:)