Chickaniddy Pinspiration: Clean & Crisp vs Mixed Media

Post 2 of 2 for me today...click HERE for my Top Dog Dies project using Authentique's Anchored collection.




Hello, our Chickaniddy Crafts assignment is:  Pinspiration

I picked this image as my April Pinspiration:


Working with the Twirly Girly Collection, I had so much fun putting this card together.  

I focused on the pink color in the inspiration and translated it to the raspberry color in Twirly Girly.  I couldn't wait to use the silhouette image as my focal point.

Supplies:  Paper (TG14CP01; TG14OS017) Silver Foil Paper (CM14SP002)

I used the Chickaniddy Silver Foil paper and an Exclusive Top Dog Dies, Bella Doily die.  I layered it with vellum leaves (Top Dog Dies Wildflower die) and the cameo silhouette journal card.  I dipped the wooden clothespin into a Fuschia stamp pad.  I have the coordinating reinker so I squeezed a bit out onto an acrylic block, added a smidge of water and used it to watercolor onto my card base.

TIP:  Using coordinating ink colors ties the design together.

I knew I wanted to keep my design fairly clean and crisp but still bring in neutral colors.


I featured several of the gray patterns in the Twirly Girly collection.  I circle punched and lined them up on my card base then added the watercolor panel on top.

I love that this collection has the best of both worlds...plenty of girly patterns along with plenty of patterns that would be suitable for masculine layouts, cards and other projects.

If you have the Twirly Girly collection, play along with us and leave us a comment with a link to your project.  We'd love to see how you're inspired!

I wanted to also share my original project that I designed based on this Pinspiration:


I've been inspired by my bloggie friend Katie's use of tissue on her projects.   I used plain white tissue and inked it up with Tea Dye distress stain.

Supplies:  Paper (TG14PD01)  Alpha stickers (TG14EB01) Enamel Hearts (TG14EB07) Brads (TG14EB06) Stamps (DN14ST01) Gold Foil paper (CN14SP001)

I layered the 2 different patterned panels onto my card base.  I adhered the tissue with Mod Podge.  I colorized the alpha with black soot distress stain.  I layered everything onto a PTI doily die.  See the gold confetti?  I used my Crop-a-dile and made them myself using Chickaniddy Gold Foil paper {that stuff totally rocks).


I heat embossed the diamond in white on vellum.  Love that stamp set that coordinates with the Chickaniddy Date Night set but easily works with Twirly Girly!

I lasso'd some black hemp and adhered it under the doily to bring out the black alpha.

2 totally different cards using Pinspirations!

I'd love for you to pop over to the Chickaniddy Crafts blog, I'm up there with 2 of my DT Girls!





Comments

Laurel said…
These are beautiful Amy!
Squirlygirl said…
Awe, I adore them both. Great cards as usual ;)
~Hugs~
jessica said…
Gorgeous job Amy!
Virginia L. said…
These two cards are gorgeous! Beautiful interpretation of the Pinspiration! Love the composition of the 2nd card, too! You are just brimming with creativity as always, Amy!
Misty said…
What pretty cards. Love the white space one the first. Your inspiration pieces are cute.
Julia Aston said…
Two inspired beauties Amy! love the use of tissue paper!
Tracey McNeely said…
Two fabulous cards Amy! All I can say is wow!
Annette Allen said…
wow fabulous designing Amy.. love them both..
Miriam Prantner said…
Gorgeous! That first one is my favorite, the silver doily, the little scallops, LOVE!!!
wendipooh13 said…
WOW girl!!!! both cards are super amazing!!!!
Michelle said…
Great projects, Amy! Love the inspiration too.
Sherry Eckblad said…
Both of these cards are fabulous Amy! But I am swooning over that first one. So unlike your normal style. Love the splatter and the doily.
Angie Tieman said…
These are beautiful and so artsy! I love your pinspirations!
These are soooooooo gorgeous!! I love love love those colors!! Off to leave ya some love!!!!
donna mikasa said…
Such fun cards! LOVE the scalloped edge on the first and the tissue paper on the second!
Rose said…
WOW!!! awesome cards girl :)
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, WOW! These are stunning, Amy!
Fabulous cards Amy! Love how the images you selected inspired your cards!!!
Unknown said…
GORGEOUS! I love how you layer elements. That silver doily is so pretty.
Sandy Ang said…
love those soft gorgeous looks
Beautiful! You do this look so well! Mine would look like i just threw up crafting supplies on a card base. :/
cm said…
Beautiful...as in 'going back right now to gaze and admire for a while longer' beautiful! Hugs~c