perk up!

This is post 1 of 2 for me today...click HERE for my Curtain Call Inspiration post.



Happy June!

So, if you've been following me for awhile, you know I love coffee and coffee stamps!

Here's one that I've had since for awhile, that was perfect for today's challenges:

cardstock:  pti stamps:  some odd girl breakfast friends ink:  memento tuxedo, copics bg11/bh10/e57/e27/r21 other:  lawn fawn journal die, cherry wood paper, stampin' up twill, italian wool, lil' inker circles & diamonds stitched pattern die

I'm no colorista but had to have the Some Odd Girl's Breakfast Friends.  Looks like there's going to be a SOG New Release tomorrow with more food stamps..sigh.

See the woodgrain?  It's cherry uncoated paper...love it and hoard it ferociously.  I picked it up several years ago from Paper Zone (RIP) and it doesn't have a manufacturer listed on the packaging so I'm guessing it was exclusive to PZ.  


The banner is fine italian wool that was RAK'd to me years ago from Lorena...yes, I hoard that too (see the underlying theme here?!).  

I was inspired by



I super love what taheerah designed so I wanted to make sure that I went a different route.  

kawaii pillow = kawaii coffee mug
wood panel ceiling = cherry paper
sweet banner = wool die cut banner
bedding = quilt = Lil' Inker Designs Circles & Diamonds stitched pattern die

I was also inspired by



What's on the agenda today?  I'm meeting up with some girls for coffee but hope to get a ton of crafting in before I leave.  I've put away my photo tent (for now), the real estate has been taken over by my new printer!  I've been enjoying taking natural light photos of my cards but I really have to be organized because I live in Washington State and some days we just don't have much natural sun light.



Comments

Lynn said…
Adorable card...I love that sweet little banner!
yyam said…
Gosh...this is super cute!
Deepti said…
This is so adorable :) love the cutie coffee mug and that tiny banner is so perfect to ur design !
Unknown said…
Well isn't that adorable! I'm starting to think of hoarding supplies as more of a 'waiting for the right project' deal, and you found it! the banner and cherry woodgrain are perfect.
Celeste Goff said…
What a great card Amy! I love the coffee theme and the fun whimsical feel of it!
This is soooooooooo cute! LOVING that mug and the banner!!!!!!!
Diane Jaquay said…
SUPER cute card, Amy, love how you interpreted the Monday Blues photo!!
Miriam Prantner said…
CUTE!!! I love how you created the tag from two different pieces (I hoard the cherry stuff too!) and that coffee guy is really cute!
wendipooh13 said…
that is soooo dang CUTE!! LOVE the mini banner too
Julia Aston said…
love the little felt banner on this Amy!
Unknown said…
soooo adorable!!!
jessica said…
This is so AWESOME Amy!
What a cute coffee cup!!!!!
perfect for the challenges!!
Ashley Horton said…
Really cute Amy, and I love the perk up sentiment!
Rose said…
cute!!! love the felt banner
Jessi Fogan said…
AUGH! Total cuteness overload! That face! And I love the wood & that precious banner - I wanna touch it :)
Cindy Lovell said…
Your card is so cute,Amy!! I love the adorable cup and the little banner!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!!
Unknown said…
So super duper cute!!
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGee....SO cute! Love that happy little cuppa and love your design! I would so seriously hoard that woodgrain and trim, too!
LOVE IT!!!! Absolutely adorable, I'm lovin' that little felt banner. So happy to have you join us at Some Odd Girl's June Linky Party!!
Joni Andaya said…
Super CUTE Amy!!!
Cindy Hall said…
That is the most adorable little coffee cup, and I love the way you embellished the card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Leah l'Orange said…
thanks for linking up, Amy! LOVE the Breakfast Friends set, and i share your passion for coffee. ;) btw, we have an event coming up next month and i THINK you might like the stuff they have... have you checked out ARC crafts? they have AWESOME wood products that are beautiful and natural. here's the link to the paper: http://www.arccrafts.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=47
saw this and didn't comment yet, but i want you to know how much I LOVE this card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute, so perfect, so anime. Love the felt, the swoosh, the colors the textures. I love that it is coffee. Have I missed anything?!
Taheerah said…
That cup. Oh my. I am so in love with it. The design is perfect and so happy and I just want it in my life!! I have seriously got to get some of these stamps!! Your card is quirky and pulls the various points of interest perfectly from the inspiration. Love it so so much!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!
cm said…
That smiling coffee cup, on the beautiful wood and embossed background, with the lovely wool banner, is just adorable...adorable to the max, actually! A totally 'happy-making' card in every detail. LOVE this!! Hugs~c