Virginia's View Challenge: November Guest Designer!


Post 1 of 2...click HERE for the Neat and Tangled November Release Day Three!


So thrilled that I'm one of the November Guest Designer's for Virginia's View Challenge!  I certainly appreciate all her hard work that she puts into the wonderfully popular challenge  {kudo to Dr John + Stephanie too}!


Check out this month's challenge:


I have a couple cards over on the Virginia's View Challenge blog but wanted to go ahead and share a different card here on my blog:

cardstock:  ranger watercolor, american crafts gold glitter, stampin' up coastal cabana  stamps:  'lil inker designs oh deer christmas  ink:  ranger archival black  other:  lil inker circles & diamonds stitched coverplate, memory box stitched circles, spellbinders pinked circle, mme enamel dots, kuretake gansai tambi

Texture, it can come in so many forms.  Let's analyze what I have on my card, starting from the base and working up:

Lil' Inker Designs Circles & Stitches Coverplate:  the patterns add wonderful interest to the card with all the glorious stitching

Pinked + regular circle dies:  the layering adds dimension along with the kind of cardstock that is used.  I layered gold glitter with white.


Lil' Inker Designs Oh Deer Christmas Stamps: I've been wanting to ink this up...I've added texture by placing random red enamel dots for holly berries.  You can add even more texture with glossy accents or heat embossing.

Although my design doesn't necessarily scream texture, it definitely is there.  What do you think?  

I can't wait to see how you are inspired by this month's challenge!

Comments

OMG so LOVING this card !!! Just the perfect amount of GOLD, oh wow... = ME ADMIRING Bigtime!!!.. Now I will RUN over the the VVBlog and tell them too...(So Jelly!)
Suchi said…
Such a BEAUTIFUL card Amy! It is just perfect! :)
Suchi xx
Lesley said…
Yay! Congrats and so well deserved! Love your texture rich card!
SonjaK said…
Wow, Amy, I've been so thrilled with you felt elephant over at the challenge blog. But this card absolutely knocks my socks off! I love the colors and the stitched background design. And that sparkling gold glitter. Amazing!!!
Annette Allen said…
congrats on guest designing.. your card is awesome
Anonymous said…
Love the felt elephant circle card and your tall and skinny coffee card at the challenge blog, Amy. This card, however is DA BOMB, gf! I love the colors you used and the way you added the banner with that sweet deer!
cm said…
Gorgeous, Amy,,,gold, white and aqua is a lovely combination and adding the deer's head as your focal image...oh my! Crushing all over this!
Hugs~c
I Card Everyone said…
Your ellie blowing bubbles still has me smiling, but OH this coverplate is gorgeous, amy!
=]
Audrey Pettit said…
Congrats on your guest designer spot, Amy! Can't wait to go see what you made! And I am seriously smitten over your adorable deer card here! LOVE the texture!~ Sort of reminds me of a warm snugly quilt. And I love the deer and the spot coloring you did. The enamel dots are just brilliant here, too!
Vicki Dutcher said…
So fun for you to be asked to Guest! I am loving this deer head -- awesome added texture too
Shelly said…
Seriously, GORGEOUS!! Love!
Congrats on guesting!!
Rubeena I. said…
I just love this!!!!!
Virginia L. said…
ADORE the textures and use of deer image! This is so lovely in every day! Thank you for sharing the extra project here. It's been such a pleasure to have you as GD this month, Amy!! xoxo
Helen F. said…
Fabulous textures on your card, Amy! Love the look of the stitched circles on the base card and the pretty dies create a hoop design with the deer image seeming like embroidery!
Yuki said…
I absolutely love this card! That deer stamp is a total must-have, so cute!
Angie Tieman said…
Oh my deer! I love this! Your colors are fantastic here! I need that stamp pronto!
wendipooh13 said…
ahhhh!!! LOVE your fun deer card!!!!
Anonymous said…
This is just fabulous Amy! A gorgeous card :-)
Nancy Thomas said…
Love the image and the colorful embossed background showcases him perfectly.
jessica said…
Beautiful card Amy!!
Joan B said…
gorgeous. gorgeous!!
Marlena M. said…
FANTASTIC pops of texture here, Amy! I love your projects there too~