Guest Blogger: Valentine's Series - Part 1


post 1 of 2 for today...click HERE for the Neat & Tangled January Release






Super excited to announce that I'm a guest blogger over at Impress for the next couple of Friday's!  If you've been following me here on my blog or FB, you know that I'm a HUGE fan of Impress and all that they carry.  We're lucky to have such an awesome brick + mortar shop that also has an online shop too!

Let's get started, shall we?

First up is a nautical Valentine's Day card:


I used the Impress You are my Anchor stamp.  It's been stamped in Fresh Ink Red Current <-- one of my favorite colors.  Doesn't it look fun on the cork?

you are my anchor



red current

TIP:  I always buy reinkers when I buy stamp pads.  I like to keep the Fresh Ink pigment pads heavily inked up for a clean stamped image.

My card was inspired by Sunday Stamps:



Surprise, surprise...next up is a coffee card:


Now how cute are Savvy Stamps love Love Mugs?!  I colored them with Zig Clean Color Markers.  I teamed it up with the Savvy Stamps Sweet Wishes sentiment.

love mugs

sweet wishes

 This card was inspired by retro sketches:


My final card for today's post is really a bonus card, I used a Savvy stamp + die:


I used the small Savvy Space Needle Die (it's a petite 2 3/8 inches tall).  I did a smidge of watercoloring with diluted Mowed Lawn distress ink/water and I managed to do some masking for the Hello sentiment.  My card base is by Fabriano...really fabulous Italian made cards.

small space needle

hello

Make sure you visit the Impress BLOG + SHOP.

Comments

SugarGem said…
These are so fun Amy! And how lucky are you to be guesting for impress? So cool
Karen B. said…
Way to go Amy! Well deserved. Your cards are fabulous!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Congrats on the new gig! No surprise as you are a walking advertisement for Impress :) -- Great cards - I love the needle one!
Congrats on guesting!!!!!!!!! These are GORGEOUS! LOVING that cork on the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa said…
LOVE all of these!! Congrats!
cm said…
Congratulations on yet another new role; lucky Impress to have you to 'impress' all of us! A fabulous trio; the little love mugs are adorable!
Hugs~c
I Card Everyone said…
LOve having you do the shopping for me, amy! LOve every single item/card - happy Friday! xx
=]
Lisa Petrella said…
Congrats on your guestie spot, Amy!! Your cards are awesome! I have several sets of blank Italian made cards that I've picked up on our travels, but I haven't been brave enough to use them. Thanks for the inspiration to put them to work!!!
Thanh Vo said…
So much fun, Amy! Happy to see you on the Impress blog.
Annette Elliott said…
Adorable cards. Love the use of the cork, and 2nd card would fit the challenge as it could be flipped...very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)
Annette Allen said…
yay for guesting.. awesome cards..
stampwithamyk said…
Very cool cards! Love the stamping on the cork, perfect mix of designer papers too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!
Impress said…
We love your cards Amy. Thanks for guest blogging for Impress!!!!
Lisa said…
Great cards! Fun use of the sketch on your first card, and love that you stamped the image on cork!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!
Jen said…
oh, honey!!! makes me miss seattle for sure!! And oh, how I miss walking through impress...good thing the online store is divine too!!! Love your cards today dearest!!!!!
Helen F. said…
YAY and CONGRATS, Amy! Love your cards today. The Space Needle die is very cool!
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy congratulations I am so excited for you I know how much you love Impress. I love all of your cards and looking forward to next week!
Shelly said…
Yay, YOU!! Congrats!! :)
Your cards are awesome!
Leena Girsa said…
Fabulous projects! I LOVE the cork element on the first one! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this week!
Teresa Kline said…
hello Amy! super sweet cards...fabulous designs! so glad you played along with us at sunday stamps challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*
Amy, I love the way you stamped on the cork! What a fabulous Valentine! All of your cards are fantastic! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX
Jinny Newlin said…
Congratulations, Amy! Such a fun lineup! Great use of those images!
Unknown said…
Great cards!! I love your clean and simple nautical card, great job with the sketch on the second card and I LOVE the rough edge on the third card...great texture!! Thanks for playing along with the Sunday Stamps challenge!
Miriam Prantner said…
Love these cards! I really love that space needle die!
Cris G. said…
Great trio! Absolutely love the design, stamped cork and patterns in your first card!
Monika Reeck said…
stunning post
and I adore your first card
love that kork
simple but really have a unique touch of Amy
I adore all your card as you know and I really want to touch one of your card Amy...can I make my dream come through :)
many thanks for joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
hugs
Monika (DT Member)
Yuki said…
Congrats on being a guest designer!! All of your cards are amazing!