Imagine Your Ideal Future...

Well, this morning I started Jen del Muro's sketch challenge via her blog I {heart}2stamp. It is almost done but I just got home so I'll finish it up tomorrow. Jen's blog is beyond magnificent...if you haven't checked it out, you gotta take a peek! She absolutely rocks!

The weather was unbelievably spectacular today! I think it may have hit 80 degrees?!!! We drove out to Seattle to visit a friend and then went to a birthday party...

I wanted to post something visual...so I decided to share some photos from last Sunday. It actually seems like a long time ago. I have a lot going on and time seems to be flying by. I have decided to shift my focus on things in my life and have changed up my goals..sometimes change is good....things happen for a reason.

We made the trek to the Seattle Asian Art Museum. I hadn't been in years. I remember my Dad "dragging" my brothers and me to the museum when we were younger and I thought it was so b-o-r-i-n-g! I loved it and okay, I want to take my kids there and yes, they might be bored but hey, I'm taking them anyways.



CHINESE SNUFF BOTTLES

By most terms of history in China, snuff bottles are a relatively recent development. Tobacco reached China toward the end of the 16th Century. Similar in time to its’ introduction into England. When tobacco was converted into snuff is hard to say but by the mid seventeenth century seems to be likely. Customs records document that by 1685 snuff was entering China although it possibly may have been in use prior to that date. Snuff, however, did not come into common usage and was largely a habit of the upper classes. The Jesuits introduced its use at court and soon it became increasingly common among the court, rich landlords and merchants. The Chinese believed that snuff possessed medicinal qualities and that its use helped to dispel colds, cure migraine, sinus and tooth pain, relieve throat trouble, cause sweats and counter asthma and constipation. Snuff was believed to be particularly an aid to digestion. Beijing was always the center of snuff usage in China. The “Hsiang tsu pi chi”, a document written in the early 18th Century, notes that snuff was being manufactured in Beijing at this time. Mint, camphor and Jasmine were and still are added to snuff in China. **This was my last photo..I was reprimanded by the security guard**

The Volunteer Park Conservatory

The Conservatory, a Victorian greenhouse modeled on London's Crystal Palace, stands at the north end of Volunteer Park, designed by the Olmsted brothers, in Seattle's north Capitol Hill neighborhood. Professional horticulturists with the Seattle Department of Parks and Recreation care for the Conservatory's collections, including bromeliads, palms, ferns, cacti, and seasonal display plants. As a registered US Fish and Wildlife repository for confiscated plants, the Conservatory also acquires, quarantines, and later displays restricted orchids, cycads, and other plants seized by USFW agents.

I decided to put the Higher Awareness inspirations towards the bottom of my blog posts in case peeps just want to see pictures...I get that...I think this one was delivered to me today...it was good timing as I think about my future while still being connected to "today".

Imagine your ideal future


"Your imagination is your preview to life’s coming attractions."
-- Albert Einstein

If you were to create an ideal future for yourself, what would it be like?

All things that now exist in form were once simply ideas in consciousness. We each hold the power to manifest different circumstances for our lives. If we wish to manifest a new reality for ourselves, we need to consistently focus our imagination on the ideals we seek to realize.

Remember to explore your ideal in terms of qualities, not people or things. What qualities do you most want in life? Freedom? Respect? Playfulness? Abundance? Whatever qualities you seek, imagine experiencing them now and be open to new ways to discover those qualities appearing in your life.

"Change is created by those whose imaginations are bigger than their circumstances"
-- Unknown source

Comments