Sassy Cheer


Happy Friday!!!

I'm horribly behind on some cards...actually sympathy ones. They have got to be thee hardest cards to make...I'm non-traditional in certain card making projects. Can you believe that this "Sassy Cheer" card is a sympathy one? Yes, it is nice and bright and cheery....what could be better? It definitely depends on the recipient...and this is going postal today for a young blogging buddy of mine that recently lost a family member. I'm crossing my fingers that when she opens up the envy that this card will make her smile...

The card base is Stampin' Up Chocolate chip and the oh-so-cute paper is Sassafras Fruit Slice Land...reversible...the scalloped heart band is the flip side of the rainbow design....I could NOT resist the scalloped edge. I picked it up from the fabulous online store, Peacoats & Party Hats. Candice's blog is fabulous...I loved this post with her Haunted Couture Kit.... soooo stinkin' fun! I actually took the time to stitch the fun button onto the American Crafts felt flower...I figure that it will have a better chance going through the USPS that way...

I hope you all have a magnificent weekend...I have a feeling that it is going to be a soggy soccer Saturday for us....

-----------------------------------------

stamps: stampendous paper: stampin' up chocolate chip, sassafras fruit slice land ink: versafine vintage sepia accessories: american craft's greenhouse flower, vintage button, stampin' up word window punch & slit punch

Comments

Carla said…
Oh, I think this is a lovely way to add a bright spot to someone going through a difficult time!
Savitri said…
Too STINKIN' CUTE!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. Aren's Sassafrass papers fun? LOVE them!! I think she'll love the card. If I were going through a rough time I wouldn't want to get a depressing card :) I want to smile!!!

This is awesome!
Rose Ann said…
Such pretty papers, and I love your felt flower with the button!! Love your card, Amy!!
Janine said…
WOW!! Love the bright and bold colors Amy!
Have a great weekend.
Angie Tieman said…
Very cute card! I love that it's happy and upbeat. I'm sure it will put a smile on her face and cheer her up!
SmilynStef said…
How could someone look at this fabulous creation and not smile?? Love it.
Stacey said…
This is adorable and I reckon you are right. If you are going through a rought time, what better than a bright and cheerful card? I'd pick this gorgeous creation any day over anything traditional. ~x~ P.S. I am loving this dp by the way!
Allison Rankin said…
Very sassy and colorful!
Carolina said…
Oh Amy, this is so sweet. It brought an instant smile!
Elaine said…
That is definitely a saucy sympathy card! But you're right - perfect for some people!! I love the cheery colors! Glad it didn't rain for your soccer game today! Turned out kinda nice even!! :)

E
Susan said…
I'm gonna bet she'll be touched with all the right emotions...how could she not, I mean look at that gorgeous rainbow at the top of the card! Just looking at it makes me so happy
Anonymous said…
awe amy I have to say it definitely cheered me up thank you for being super sweet and sassy!
I love this paper :)
Julia Aston said…
what a great colorful card! love the felt flower and button - will certainly 'cheer' the receiver!
Jenn said…
I love it!!! So cheerful and shall put a smile on the recipient's face! :D