Color me Anything but That!

Today's Challenge over at 365 Cards is to use the color you use the least and make it the dominant color in your card....okay, so if you checked my blog on Tuesday, you would have seen my daughter's birthday invites that used this same color. I was going to make a yellow card but came back to the Paper Source beet card because I really don't use the color purple very much. I do have to confess that this color is growing on me...they are still on sale at Paper Source and I bought the matching String and Button envies...that just 'makes' it...I teamed up the beet with black...what could be better than that? I added some felt thickers and k&co flat back pearls..they are super tiny and yes, I was fumbling around with them...cracks me up every time..I even dropped one {gasp!}....yes, you betcha, I looked for it until I found the little stinker. I wasn't going to waste that 'lil puppy...My daughter is going to her friends birthday party this weekend and this is going to be the birthday card...perfect for a 14 year old.

So, I hope that you join me in the 365 Cards Thursday challenge!! I can't wait to see what you create!!!

Comments

Ginny said…
how cool is that..I'm getting there with the 365's..up to no. 18 but I'm off to bed, see if I can catch up some more tomorrow..lol
Lisa Brown said…
wow! this card is a so bold and beautiful! Perfect birthday card!
Tina said…
Wow, so pretty. The colors are awesome!
Julia Aston said…
Yummy deep purple on this Amy - the black sets it off perfectly! love those rascal pearls!!
Laurel said…
Great card! I'm with you, I almost never use purple, perhaps I should try this tonight!
Jenn said…
Super cute for a 14yr. old! Love those thickers and the pearls add the perfect touch! :)
Marlou McAlees said…
this is beautiful!!!! great card Amy :) ♥
Silli said…
OM... Your card is so beautiful. Love the letters and the colors... Great job! TFS!
Janine said…
LOVE THIS AMY!!!
Sandra MacLean said…
Ooo! I'm soo glad someone else has purple as their least used color! I can't make it work with anything unless it's halloween themed! LOL However, having said that, it is VERY nice with black...not halloweeny looking at all! :D
Becky Carafa said…
Heehee, sounds like me scrambling around on the floor looking for that tiny embelli you dropped! Even if I use tweezer, I manage to shoot the things even farther. Anyway, I love the purple and black combo, so striking!
Vicky said…
Lovely, Amy!! Fantastic bold card and perfect for a teenager!
Jenn said…
P.S...I have something for you on my blog, so come by and visit when you can! :D

Hugs!
Jenn
AUsome mom said…
Perfect card for a 14 year old! I'm gonna have to think on this color thing today, but I'll come up with something. I'm thinking yellow......Anyhoo, GREAT card!!
~Tammy~ said…
Great Job Amy! Love the black and purple colour combo
Jacilynn said…
too cute! Again I love the color combo. Soo Fabulous!
Elaine said…
Super cute! I love the pearl embellishments! I'm not a big fan of purple either...I like what you made though! :)
Karen Lee said…
Terrific job using a color you really don't like!!!
Unknown said…
Well, I wouldn't have thought it, but you are making me like purple!
It's quite stunning paired with the black and the pearls just make it!

(-: Heidi
Sparkplug17 said…
Very pretty card. I love the boldness. I only tend to use purple around this time of year. I need to start using it more often too.
Allison Rankin said…
Fab-u-lous...love your brights!
Kristie Larsen said…
great card today amy! I am embarrassed to say that I do love this color, but maybe i would have a hard time actually making it into a card. You did lovely though!
Rose Ann said…
The colors look great, Amy...and I love the Thickers and pearls!! Great card!!
Ruby said…
These might not be your normal colours Amy, but I love what you've done with this card. It's GORGEOUS!! I LOVE that purple with the black :o)
Stacey said…
So yummy, love this rich colour combo. Amy, you need tweezers for your pearls! ~♥~
lauren bergold said…
how OH HOW can you gaze upon this magnificence and *NOT* be converted to the purple-lovin' lifestyle! (shakes head wistfully) oh poor dear lovely purplephobic cardmaker, you!

(SERIOUSLY--this is fan-flippin-TASTIC! sheesh!)

(ps--tweezers...the kind with pointy tips...if yer gonna do teeny gems...they are NOT OPTIONAL!)
Wow this card is both fun and elegant. I can relate about dropping things I swear I have more gems and stickers stuck to the carpet than my card some times...lol. Have a great weekend.
Ann said…
Uber gorgeous! So elegant!