chock full of goodness....

warning

This blog post is a big one...perhaps it is my way of getting a smidge 'ahead' since I'll be taking the next 2 weeks at a slower blogging pace...getting ready for another Gift Show. I'll be 'off' on Monday-Wednesday and back again on Thursday.

Okay, this is my take on Kazan's sketch 40...I had fun with this one:


Seriously, there is something about the Hero Arts Three Christmas Dolls set....absolutely makes me happy!

I love teaming up the Jillibean black and kraft line together. What is that I see... yes, I did find my Eskimo Kisses 6x6 stack...yup, evidently I actually put it away...LOL...something that I didn't think that I had done! Don't you love the word bubble? It is from Elsie Flannigan/Red Velvet Art...you'll see some other things from her in a bit...

Here's a project I put together using some goodies from The Cutting Cafe. I used the wine bottle shaped card...put it together with a bottle of sparkling cider {LOL...I'm not a drinker...have you heard of Asian Flushing Syndrome?}. I also used the Merry Christmas Huge Printable Circle Word set.



Next up is a project for My Cute Stamps. I finally bought some felt and picked up the fabbie Sizzix flower die that I keep seeing out there in blogland. I did a smidge of hand stitching...great way to adhere the pale pink felt to the cardstock...Isn't that My Cute Stamps Owl just a Hoot?!

Okay, my peeps that know me will be proud...I actually baked on Thanksgiving! I had so much fun putting together these Red Velvet Cupcakes together! I got the recipe from Design*Sponge...it is the Waldorf Astoria one. I'll be honest, I didn't have much luck with the frosting...I followed the directions...it tasted good but it looked icky...almost curdled so I didn't want to chance it...I went to the grocery store and picked up some other frosting...I know, I know...for you bakers you are probably shrieking...appalled but hey, I'm not a baker and let me tell you, those puppies still tasted delish!!

I "had" to personalize one of the cupcake toppers...they are Red Velvet Cupcakes and Elsie is the queen of Red Velvet:) My boy helped me out alot...but I have to be honest...after the baking and frosting was over...my kitchen looked like a crime scene...red stuff everywhere!


We definitely had fun with the moustache's!

Remember to come on back tomorrow....I'll have my 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday Card to share with you all...also, I'll be posting the winner of my blog candy and sharing a pic of my latest and greatest candy:)

Comments

Jessie said…
Cute cards and I love the fun moustaches!
itsallrosi said…
Oh, how fun! You should link Elsie up to these I'm sure she'd love to see them.

Kim Hughes designed a set of word bubble stamps awhile back and I guess they didn't sell well because they retired early. She was probably ahead of her time.
Dora said…
That pictuer is to cute! Love the cards and that project is amazing!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Such fun projects today and love the cupcakes. You done Elsie proud my friend.
Love the pic of your kidlet with his cupcake and mustache.
Laurel said…
Wow look at all that goodness! I love your take on the 2 Sketches 4 You, love your pink felt flowers and that little owl is a cutie!
cnelson said…
such fun and fabulous projects Amy!! I have to say those cupcakes with the moustaches and sayings couldn't be cuter!!!
Vanessa said…
Aww, super creations!!! Love these cupcakes!!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Angèle said…
Love,love,love your take for 2S4U!!!
Kelly Booth said…
Such cute cards and yummy cupcakes...Love the Felt flowers behind the Owl and the Hero three dolls card is so sweet!!
Saskia said…
Hihi... so funny, the moustache! :)

You're so creative! Love everything...!

Saskia :)
Evelin said…
Love the cards!!! Beautiful as always :)

And your boy looks so cute with that moustache! :D
Sparkplug17 said…
I love the cupcakes! What a funny moustache! Love all of your projects!
Rose said…
girl you always crack my up!! :0) your cards are fantastic and i am with you...i don't cook or bake! well what should i do when the premade tastes better then my cooking?? LOL
ivy said…
my 5 yr old would love a mustache cupcake!he'd just lick all the frosting too!
cute felt flowers!
Martha said…
Love that picture with the mustache!!!
And all your work is gorgeous Amy!
Lea L. said…
These are so adorable Amy!! The moustaches cracke me up!! Great job with the sketch!

♥Lea
Unknown said…
Oh my word!! You have been busy and creating such wonderful things too! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, YUM!

(-: Heidi
Elaine said…
Get out!! YOU baked too!!?? I'm so not up to par with you, girlfriend!
Love the stitched flower! Ooo-la-la! Lovely! Hero japanese doll is sweet as is the snowflake embellishment on the bottle...you are rockin girlfriend!

Whatd' you buy on Friday?? I'm dying to hear (because I didn't go out and buy anything...ok one thing on my way home but that was it!)
Unknown said…
whooo hooo - LOVE all the eye candy Ms. Amy. Your projects are fabulous!
Hugs
K
Elise said…
You're darling and HELLO, to the boy in the moustache! HILARIOUS! Darling crafts! I think you have more CRAFT in your lil' finger than most of us have in all twelve! {WHAT?} Hee hee Just trying to be zany ~ it's late! Anywhoo, sweet Amy, clearly your craft is ON! Yipeee! Good luck with all of your commitments!
Tina said…
Everything is so pretty lady! Wonderful!
lauren bergold said…
OMG--you HAVE TO send those pics to elsie, she will feature them FOR SURE...especially the lad with his mustache--TOOOOOOOO flippin' cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! ♥♥♥

lovely cards, as well--i am totally diggin' the asian doll xmas card (VERY amy!!!) and what a superb version of kazan's sketch. i think i'm gonna have to go play with felt and the c-bug now, also, thanks to you! i love how you've placed the stamped image & sentiment at the center of the gorgeous flower...such a cool change from a brad or jewel and so practical too!

(but then ♥YOU ROCK♥ so such brilliant innovations are no surprise!)
Rose Ann said…
My goodness, Amy...you've been busy!! Everything looks fabulous too!! (The mustache made me giggle.)
Angie Tieman said…
Cute stuff, Amy! Good luck with the gift show prep!
Cindy Lee said…
Yummy cakes!! Love the pic of your son...so cute!

Love your Japanese doll card! I'm using one of the doll from the stamp set for my upcoming class :)
Anonymous said…
this whole thing is adorable!!! Joan B
Kathy Martin said…
Goodness...how cute! :) Kathy
Janetcraft said…
Oh my gosh!, I love your cupcakes and the way how they are placed! look cute! And your son with the moustaches, haha...he is cute and has the mom's look! handsome boy!!
IvyandRein said…
Oooooooooh I'm totally gonna have to look at that recipe ;)
I love those Elsie thought bubbles & mustaches
so cute!!!!! <3 cuppie cakes heehee