{corky} Hi!

Hello!!!!

Happy Tuesday...the week is rolling on by, hard to believe that it is already November!

As I mentioned yesterday, I'll be sharing my takes on Laura and Kazan's DT call sketches. I couldn't be more happy with the new DT picks...they certainly created fabulously inspiring cards!!!

Surprisingly, when I first saw Kazan's sketch it had me stumped...but I ended up having a ball with it...

I incorporated a couple things that I love...poms, lollipop flowers and alpha letters! All the paper is MME...love the lanterns...sooo fun! The cork coaster is from the T $ spot. The alpha is MM velvet...mmmm...velvet. The poms are from my dear friend Susan...she was so sweet to give me a bag of goodies when she stayed with me a couple months ago..

You might not be able to tell but each of the panels are stitched...even that narrow green polka dotted one...did I mention that it is narrow...it's all I can do to keep calm and stitch straight!

No glitz or glam on this card...just pure fun and cute, well, I think so anyways...I made the card to reflect my style AND had fun doing it! Tomorrow I'll share my card based on Laura's sketch

Okay, onto some happy mail:


Yes, I know! Sweet Mother of Pearl is right....I received this oh-so-lovely card from the oh-so-lovely

I 'met' her through Caardvarks and life has never been the same..LOL. She is filled with the energy and enthusiasm of 20 crafters...seriously...I love it when she stops by my blog...now that my friend, is blog love.

The photos cannot truly capture the beauty of this card...it is truly a treasure...

Thanks sooo much Lauren....you my dear, are a gem.

If you haven't noticed, this week I'm trying to be better about sharing my RAKs...I have a BUNCH of fabbie birthday RAKs that I'll slowly share...it's soooo much fun to receive stuff from other bloggers...I appreciate all their hard work on their cards/projects and heck, taking the time to go to the post office...sheesh, it's a miracle if I:

1. make a flat non-bumpy card
2. have stamps on hand
3. get to the post office

Is it just me or is the post office ALWAYS busy...the person in line behind me always intrudes on my personal space and during the 'lunch hour' there only seems to be 2 people working the counter???

Comments

itsallrosi said…
lookin' good, corky! and what a wonderful card you got from Lauren.

sorry you didn't make 2s4y, I'm sure its in your future one of these days.
Steph said…
2s4y don't know what they're missing :) x
Evelin said…
wow... love your card and all the details!! sewing, my goodness! I'm lazy :P It'll be rare for me to stitch... :P

Love the pink chandelier card! What more can I say? I'm also a chandie fan! :D
Courtney Baker said…
Amy I really love your card. You seriously hit that one out of the park (today is cliche day in case you didn't know). :)
Laurel said…
I love your take on the sketch Amy!
Paulina said…
I agree, the post office is ALWAYS busy! I have to go everday to ship off packages....thank goodness for the internet shipping now! It always seems like the employees take their time, doesn't it? Well, at least at the ones I go to.

Wow, I can only imagine opening the mail and seeing that gorgeous card!
Naomi Chokr said…
awesome cards!!!!! i love how you flipped it over. And yeas!! i dread wasting my time at the post office during my lunch break!!! they take forever and the lines are soo long!!!
Kay said…
Amy, your "Hi" card oozes with personality!! It's adorable, cute, colorful, FUN and perfect. JUST like you and your amazing style and flair!!! I LOVE it, dear!!

What an amazing card surprise you got in the mail. WOW!!! ♥♥ Kay
Kristen H said…
I love your use of the sketch. I don't try for DT calls, I don't know if I could live up to the expectation for a whole month. It seems when I have to, I can't make anything.
Keep trying though, cuz I am sure you will get in with your great designs.
Sherry Eckblad said…
One of these days I am going to pull out my sewing maching. Yeah right.
Love your card especially that lollipop flower. I need to try making a few of those babies.
It is always a pleasure to stop by and read your blog ~ I can always find some much needed inspiration.
Sherry Eckblad said…
One of these days I am going to pull out my sewing maching. Yeah right.
Love your card especially that lollipop flower. I need to try making a few of those babies.
It is always a pleasure to stop by and read your blog ~ I can always find some much needed inspiration.
Michelle said…
Amy.. I am loving those cards girl! The colors are fantastical! The pink and black combo is da bomb!

Mishy
Carly said…
Gorgeous cards! Love your 2S4Y card. Very fun take on the sketch! You did a fantastic job. And that pink card is pretty amazing!
Dora said…
Your card is stunning Amy, love how you turned the sketch!
Martha said…
Gorgeous card Amy!!!
Elise said…
Oooow! Owwww! Oooooh! {I'm a post office "phobe" myself. If I sent out a tiny fraction of the cards that I think of sending... Well, put it this way, the post office wouldn't have to keep raising their rates! Doh! I do, however, REALLY love it when I get a handmade card and then I usually get my butt to the P.O.... just to contribute to world peace, ya know!) ANYWHOOOOO, I stopped in to see the beauty of your latest offering and WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! I can totally see the stitching and those pom-poms make me want to swirl my skirt! {Wait, I'm wearing jeans!} But you get the idea! Also, HELLO, pretty birds! What a great blingy and heart felt card creation by your friend, Lauren! The enthusiasm of 20 crafters!?! That is pretty special, indeed! Great share!

(Makes me tired just thinkin' about that level of enthusiasm. Maybe I'll just go take a nap.)

Tee Hee (... When I die!)
Kim Costello said…
Fabulous card, sweet Amy I just love the colours and your stitching is superb!!! I love pom poms too!

Hope you are well, HuGs Kim :)
Love your card and the cork I just love!!!
Sparkplug17 said…
Your card is darling! I hear ya on the narrow stitching. :) And yeah, going to the MV post office takes forever...and I hate when they're so wishy washy about it...just charge me the extra 20 cents and send it off, lol.

But, I recently noticed that they sell $0.64 stamps now, so I just bought a bunch of them to mail cards.
Joy said…
what a great take on the sketch challenge! love how your card came out! so much stitching! great happy mail too! TFS!
ivy said…
love the lolli!

that is a fabby card from your bloggy friend!
Kristie Larsen said…
i love the cork and the lollipop flower on your 2s4y card. its lovely! and that bird cage card....boy are you lucky!!
i feel your pain about the post office. i always have to go with my 'game face' on since its always a HORRIBLE experience. really low expectations help me make it out of there without totally ripping into people.
Carla said…
You rocked this sketch, Amy! I adore your lollipop flower, and the poms are just the perfect touch!! I made the cards for these sketches with the intent to submit, but I never did. I can't even remember what my cards look like. Wow. They must really be impressive-maybe that's why I didn't bother!
Savitri said…
Aaah, sorry you didn't make 2s4y. But I LOVE your card that you created!!! There's always next time and yes, I do love the new DT members :)
Angie Tieman said…
Oh, Amy, your sketch card is AMAZING!! It must have been some serious competition, because that card is so fun and delightful! Lauren's card is stunning too! TFS!
Elaine said…
You are a dear heart, Ninja girl! I love the sketchy with cork!! The RAK is beautimous...and I'm with you - aren't our post offices sucky?? THe lines are long, the parking lots are even worse and DON'T even TRY to go on your lunch break unless you want to take a week's worth of break in one day! lol
Latisha said…
Wow Amy!! Love this!!
lauren bergold said…
oof i'm totally blushing!!! but otherwise i am pleased & proud that you like said card...it has definitely found the perfect home with you!

ok, so i saw the new DT list over at 2s4y and i LOVE all of those peeps...but now that i know *YOU* applied i am just mystified, particularly looking at this glorious corky, velvetty, lollipop-flowery, pom-pom-infused, stitchy MASTERPIECE!!!!!! *HOW* did this not shoot to #1 with a bullet??!?! we're talkin' serious miscarriage of crafty justice! (want me to go rough 'em up for ya??!) ;)
Rose Ann said…
Oh gosh...I just love every element of this beauty, Amy!! Love your cork, pom poms, and beautiful flower!!
Ann said…
OMG, this is entirely too cute! I love every detail!
Carolina said…
Such beautiful cards - I was missing your birdcage cards...thanks for sharing this beauty!!!
Unknown said…
I absolutely LOVE your card! That cork breaks up all those bright colors perfectly and that lollipop flower is perfection!

Lucky you getting Lauren's most magnificent birdcage card!!

Um yeah...I have something that should have gone in the mail to you looooong ago, but you know...life-n-stuff. sorry.

(-: Heidi