holiday cheer...

I hope that I'm not scaring you away with yet another Holiday card...I know some peeps might be getting sick of them but I haven't...I love seeing what everyone out in bloggieland is creating for the holiday's.

I love
CP42...

I really enjoy designing with coordinating/contrasting patterned paper. The green papers are American Crafts and the pink is KI.

Isn't that cocoa mug image a-dorable??? It is an Imaginisce image....speaking of Imaginisce...did you see their new DT? My Get Sketchy buddy Shemaine and 365 Cards Alum Tammy are both on it!!!

Psstttt...the marshmallows are glitter'licious!

btw-I did some woot woot'ing yesterday...check out the Caardvarks and Cosmo Cricket linkies...I create because I enjoy it...it's theraupetic...being recognized for it is icing on the cupcake!

I bet everyone is busy getting ready for T-Day tomorrow:) I'm lucky...we're having dinner at my Mom's and I'm in charge of a salad and I'm bringing a dessert...I have yet to make a turkey..LOL..Long, long time ago, I ventured and made Cornish Game Hens...that's another story...my family went home hungry because the studio apt that I was living in at the time had a tiny oven...I think everyone was able to partake in 1/3 of a hen...bahahaha...my brother still brings up the fact that he had to stop by some drive thru because he was still hungry. It's amazing how certain comments/situations 'stick with you'....now if I make dinner for peeps I tend to go overboard and make enough to feed an army.

I grew up in a household where Thanksgiving wasn't a huge dealio...New Years Day is much bigger...The family gets together and we eat tons and tons of Japanese food..love it! My favorite part is hearing all the family stories...I love hearing stories when my Mom was younger...she grew up in Japan...came to the good 'ole USA when she was in high school...that's where she met my Dad. {Unfortunately my Dad passed away in 1999, a non-smoker that died of Lung Cancer...sigh.} My Uncle is a fantastic story-teller..he was a banker all his life....you'd never know it when you become so engrossed in his animated stories.

Anywho's, I'm hoping to make these Red Velvet Cupcakes ala Amy Butler's Mom's recipe. We'll see how motivated I am...cripes the line at the grocery store may just scare me off..BUT I managed to pick up thee cutest wire cupcake holder at a g-sale at the end of the summer...I want to use that puppy:)

Comments

Dora said…
I just love how you make combinations between a cup of coffee and a sentiment for the Holidays, I would never be that creative! Big compliments!
Love the card and the colors are great and your dessert sounds yummy!!!
Martha said…
Again a beautiful card Amy, love the colours you used!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy ~ Your card is just adorable and love the paper combination that you used.
Hope you and your family have a happy and safe Turkey Day.
Laurel said…
LOVE this Amy! Love that green paper and of course the pink is perfect! Congrats on being featured!
cnelson said…
such a cute card!! congrats on the kudos!! so well deserved! loved hearing about your holiday traditions.
Kristie Larsen said…
well, even though you don't go crazy with celebrating, have a great weekend anyway!!
Janetcraft said…
Amy, for your information, I am getting more enjoyed with your every day fresh new stories, that are not only cards matter. WOw, T-day is certainly gonna be another celebration day. Good for family gathering! Enjoy!! And tell us more with any relates to your daily handmade cards!
bethchien said…
I love hearing more about how you grew up, so interesting. and that is funny that your uncle is a great story teller!
I can't wait for tomorrow! I get to see my whole family. We will have a big dinner, then probably hang out and play dominoes or cards or something.
Adorable card! Have a great weekend, love!
B
Saskia said…
Lovely and yummy card!!!

Saskia :)
Stacey said…
You can't get sick of perfection Amy - this is fabulous! Love the untraditionalness of it.... if thats a word!

Happy Thanksgiving to you my lovely :o)
Angie Tieman said…
Awwww, sweet card! I can practically taste those marshmallows now! Great job with the sketch!
you totally need to woot woot! Love your designs and seeing you rewarded is wonderful! I do love this adorable image! super cute card and I am not tired of Christmas cards yet. ;-) Happy Thanksgiving from the other Amy that has yet to cook a big ole' turkey too!
Amy Heller said…
Hi Amy! I actually saw your post this morning - I was looking at your adorable card, and saw your CC blinkie and wanted to check you out - and low and behold I saw me there, too! Fun! Double woots for us both! Great job!! What a fun story too! I miss being in WA with all our family, so say hello to "her" (being Washington) for us! Have a terrific Turkey, or in my case, Tofurkey Day, to you too! :)
Joy said…
such a cute card =) love the sketch challenge...looks really inviting...the warm, yummy cocoa! have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Kay said…
Cute beyond words, my dear!! Glittery marshmallows...you think of everything!!! I love this!!! Have a truly Happy Thanksgiving! Big hugs to you!! ♥♥ Kay
ivy said…
happy thanksgiving! enjoy the day feasting with your family!
Elise said…
You just slay me! I love your breathless, fun-filled posts! First of all.... GORGEOUS card for CP and how I love glitericious marshmallows! YUM! Darling work, m'dear and HELLO to YOU and the big accolades! Wahoooo for you, super sweet and sassy one! Darling holiday stories... Sorry about you dad, though. {I'm in THAT club ~ no fun!} Can make the holidays a bittersweet, but I KNOW how pleased he'd be with your success! You're a mighty talent and a DARLING person ~ the APEX of success for any parent!

Enjoy those cupcakes ~ you're gonna make 'em look gooooood! Happy Thanksgiving, lovely crafter gal!
Savitri said…
Great card and yeah, Amy!!! So awesome on the cards! Love your story too. TG wasn't big until I got married... just not something we did. Now we're in MS with the in-laws so no me making turkey. I don't mind making turkey although I'd trade my dishes with your Japanese dishes :P
Janice said…
Congrats on being featured! This is a great card I love the colors. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Vanessa said…
Another fantastic card!!! Love it! Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Shemaine Smith said…
Amy I love what you did with the image! Thanks for the shout out girl!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a cute card! I love the pink and green.
yyam said…
Love the color combo on this ....and the glittered marshmallows! :)
Unknown said…
Gorgeous! Love that pink and green with a big pop of black!

(-: Heidi
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Congrats on being featured! Well deserved! Luv that stamp image (I got it as well). Beautiful card! Those colours work so well. I used to luv hearing my gran's stories, how she grew up etc. Sadly she's no longer around but my memory of her stories still stick. Now if I can only find her childhood photos... man they would make a great scrapbook page!
Rose Ann said…
I love your sketch card, Amy!! The polkas and stripes look great together, and I love that darling image!!
Cindy Lee said…
Your cards are getting cuter and cuter, Amy!
Elaine said…
Loving the GREAT big snowflake card at Caardvarks!!