merry & bright...

Happy Saturday!!!

I tell you, that'll be something that I'll never tire of saying!!!

I have a couple things to share with you today...first up is

Savitri calls this her "sad face" but I think she is just tooooo stinkin' adorable!

I flipped the sketch and came up with this:

All the patterned paper and the die cut is MME. I love their stuff...can't get enough of their stuff! Psstt....I was the lazy bones crafter and didn't want to change out my thread on the Janome so I went with what was already threaded...chocolate...okay, it works...the outline of the text on the die cut is chocolate too..whew..good way to explain that one..LOL. I went with the unexpected ribbon choice...chocolate...to bring out the other chocolate and well, I didn't have red polka dot ribbon...bahaha...

Okay, several weeks ago I told myself that I wanted to make more non-sketch challenge cards...this is one of them:

Ahhhh...gotta love those My Cute Stamps snails...especially when they are wearing their sparkly shells:) The 'rolling hills' have actually been swiss dotted and are on pop dots...the hills are 2 separate panels...seriously, who doesn't LOVE Eskimo Kisses? I have to tell you though, I seemed to have 'misplaced' my 6x6 pad after this project. What the heck? I know...I must have travelled with it or something...travelled as in, IN MY HOUSE...oy...yes, I should share a pic of my crafting hallway...it's a MESS'ola.

You all know how much I love a 'good deal'...I mean, who doesn't?? Well, see my background paper? It is MM and glittered...guess where I bought it??? ROSS...good grief ladies...I couldn't believe it! Here's the thing, there was only 1 pkg left and in my true stealth ninja moves I swooped down and made my way to the cashier as quick as possible...what's that? How much did it cost? $5!!! $5....can you stand it?!!! How many sheets? 24! OY....did the room just clear out? Stampede over at Ross!!!

Okay, I better step away from the keyboard...somebody's had too much coffee and is crackin' herself up...yup, that's me!

Come on back tomorrow for 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday and a pic or two of some recent happy mail:)

Comments

Martha said…
Wow Amy, what FAB cards you made!! The card with the snails is adorable, and the sentiment just great :)
Have a nice weekend!
Martha
Saskia said…
GREAT cards!!!!

Saskia :)
Dora said…
Those a gorgeous very pretty cards! Have wonderful weekend!
Great cards and boy did you get a sweet deal on that paper!!!
Anonymous said…
Love your card Amy!!!!!
You got a fab deal there good job there wasnt a room full of crafters there would of been a stampede.....Crafy Bargain to be had!!!!!!love it
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)x
Sherry Eckblad said…
LOVE THEM. what more can I say?
Aimes said…
Tee Hee - you do make me giggle, Amy! I think you should stick to the keyboard btw! LOL!
What a delicious take on the sketch with all that chocolate coloured goodness! Scrummy!
I ADORE your non-sketch card! So stinkin' cute! You definitely have a talent for designing a great sketch too!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Aimes
x
Amy Heller said…
These are adorable cards, Amy - and you are hilarious! I miss Ross, I haven't seen them out here - when we visit our family in WA every summer I always go there for a little, well a LOT, of cheapy deals! He, he!
Laurel said…
Fantastic cards! I love your snail mail one, the snails are just too adorable!
cnelson said…
such cute cards!!! lovin' those snails!! ...and the paper...I definitely need to run to Ross!
WOW! I absolutely adore this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Too cute! Fabulous Amy!
:) Rachel
Kelly Booth said…
Such Cute cards Amy Love both of them!!
ivy said…
love snail mail card and snail mail. not too often we get that nowadays.
yes--ross has paper! we might have to do a paper swap cause talking to other crafty ladies, diff areas has diff selection of papers. :-)
marley said…
great cards! seriously love those snails... too cute!!
Piali said…
Love them both...the round card is fabulous..cuuuuuuuuuuute snails.
Like your take on M's Sketch...like the way you think about the sketch challenge..Awesome!!
Unknown said…
Oooh, that Christmas card is SO gorgeous! Love that fabby polka dot ribbon!

Way love your adorable circle card! Stinkin cute snails!

He he he, I bought THREE boxes of that MM paper at Ross!! 1 die cut, 1 flocked and 1 UV coated...all gorgeous! We should swapp :-)

(-: Heidi
Sparkplug17 said…
Your cards are just darling! I love the MME paper! I need to learn your shopping ninja moves, lol. Guess I'll have to check out Ross more often.
JenMarie said…
What a cutie!
And these cards are just too stinkin' fabulous!
Ginny Larsen said…
wow! your stealth moves are fabulous... i'm in awe :D

love how you flipped the sketch--totally made it work there.

and omgoodness! i LOVE eskimo kisses too, and your circle card is simply fabulous :D snails on a Christmas card, who woulda thunk? great idea!
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Such beautiful cards!!! Those snails are simply adorable!
yyam said…
Fabulous cards Amy! I love them both...especially the snails...super cute!

Great score on the papers! Craft supplies are really pricey in Singapore. Patterned papers are like $1.90 a piece and thickers are $9.90...I need to go craft shopping in the US! My craft supply deprivation might just beat your stealth ninja moves...lol...
Kay said…
That chocolate brown polka dot ribbon is so yummy!!! And I think the brown stitching couldn't be more perfect!!

You know I'm a sucker for round scalloped anything!! Oh goodness, do I love this little snail card!!! AND Eskimo Kisses on it....Oy!!

Nice going on that steal of a deal, Ms. Ninja!!! ;o)
♥♥ Kay
Angie Tieman said…
Wowza! Both of those cards are rockin' cute!! Love your take on M's sketch!
Evelin said…
love the brown polka dot ribbon!!! yummy!

and the round card is just too adorable :) Love that too!! :)
Heather Rogers said…
I love the snail mail card. That has got to be a favorite of mine. You are awesome!
Allison Rankin said…
Love your take on the sketch and that snail card is super fun!
Kelley Eubanks said…
Wow... both of these are great! I have been doing some reflecting and wanting to make more time to do non challenge cards! I think I am missing out on using a lot of my stuff. Love these cards Amy!!
Cindy Lee said…
I adore your circle card!! That is so lovely!
Tina said…
Oh my gosh, absolutely gorgeous!
Anonymous said…
LOVE your take on M's sketch! That chocolate chip polka dot ribbon really makes is zing! And the snail mail circle card is so cute!

I love a good deal too! Great job on scooping up the deals.
Love your take on the sketch and I love coming to your blog, it's so much fun here!
maybe I should take up coffee-drinking too :) any excuse for a good laugh xx
Janetcraft said…
I love your snail mail rounded card...it's the BasicGrey paper. I always love Basicgrey paper!
Cute little snaily lazy....
Savitri said…
Wowser on your cards. LOOOOVE both. you did fabuuuulously with M's sketch. She'll be so happy to see it!

Wish tere's a Ross here. Loved that place!! Love your ninja skills too :)
~kelly marie~ said…
Both cards are so fab! Love those sparkle snails! :)
Savitri said…
very prety card i love it hugs emma