happy...

Happy 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!!!

Remember that I mentioned we had another fabbie sponsor lined up??!!!

SRM Stickers!!!!!! Talk about super generous sponsor too...wow! They loaded us up with goodies...I know, I know...get on with it....Here is this week's sketch:

Here's my take on it:

I love the look of the rounded 'flaps' in the sketch but couldn't figure out how to get to that point {I'm not much into freehand'ing}....so I took the papercutter way...LOL.

All the paper is GCD Studios Homespun Chic...layered on black cardstock...lotsa stitching...dontcha love the SRM sticker in the metal rimmed tag? I caught that idea over on Karen's blog...she saw Kim Kesti use it on the SRM blog...dontcha love the power of blogging? Sooo much inspiration and how it dominos....anyways, thanks my friend:)

I used a sticker from this set:

...and this set:

The ribbon is a tafetta gingham that I picked up at J's years ago...in their after-halloween sale bin so I got it for under $1...the red button is PTI and the blue is from a MM pack of buttons...

Thanks to our generous sponsor SRM.....I hope that you'll join us in this week's sketch challenge...show us what you've got!!!

Comments

~* steph :) *~ said…
cute card, amy! love the little birdie, thanks for sharing :)! have a great sunday! *hugs* steph :)
Saskia said…
Oooh... tweet, tweet card! :)

Saskia :)
Elise said…
Shazammmm! This rocks, Amy! ~ I'm in love with this quilted lil' gem! It makes me... {dare I say...} HAPPY!
Evelin said…
as usual, I love your card! :)
Love the gingham ribbon... I think I have some too but wait, I need to go look at the stash :P

HHAHAHAHAHAHA
Alice said…
fabulous take on the sketch, girl!! beautiful card!! love it!
Tracey said…
LOVE LOVE this Amy!!! PERFECTION in every way!!
This is adorable love SRM Stickers!!!
TesaB said…
Pure perfection.Fabbie colors, love the ribbon and love the way you use the stickers!
dstandard said…
Adorable card Amy! Love the colors and love SRM stickers!
Anonymous said…
such a great card!!! I love the gingham, the stitching is gorgeous. Love the ribbon and button and combination :D.. of course perfect embellies to finish off the card.
Sherry Eckblad said…
great card love the papers.
Karen B. said…
Completely with you on not freehanding. This card turned out great, especially with the quilted look and the patterns of the paper and gingham.
Dora said…
This is a very sweet card!
Heather Rogers said…
Super cute! Fab stickers. :)
Dana Gustafson said…
What a cute birdie sticker to highlight on your card. Looks so cute against the red DP's.
Megan said…
hello friend.
this card gets my feathers ruffled! (0:
it is too cute! and makes me very {happy}.
happy sunday!
xo
xiumaiyuki said…
That card makes me very happy!!! :)
Regina Easter said…
what a fantastic card....
Angie Tieman said…
Love this card!! The red papers look so great together, and I love your take on the sketch! The little bird is darling!
Cindy Lee said…
You have a way in matching the papers! Great job sista!
Anonymous said…
Love the black thread stitching on this card with the red and white papers!
Rose said…
ispy a bit of rebel in this card with the pointy sections! lol
that bird is too cute and your card is fab girl :)
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a darling card!
Helllllllllooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS (or should I say soul sister??!!?? LOL!!) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!!!! Aren't SRM the bestest!! They ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Vanessa said…
Super adorable card, Amy!! Love the quilted look!
Gloria Stengel said…
I went back to the blog several times today to peek at your card! I just loooovvveee it. Love those papers and that fabbie bow! You rocked it!
Tina said…
So sweet, lots of fun elements!
Kay said…
I'm in LOVE, girl! You know I wanted to jump up and down when I saw that darling black/white gingham ribbon!! AND paired with red...Gorge!! What a sweet little birdie sticker. This card rocks!! ♥♥ Kay
li-bee-ti said…
Great take on Pam's sketch.
You cheated only a little... LOL
lauren bergold said…
ooooooooh! ♥♥♥!!! both to the card AND the sketch! i am seriously diggin' those rounded flaps and now trying to plot some time before sunday to make a card for 365! (well, i can print the sketch & make it LATER, but it's more fun to play!) :) that metal tag/sticker combo is indeed AWESOME btw! well adapted, missus! :)
Unknown said…
What a sweet card Amy!! I love the colors - very fresh! :)
cnelson said…
cuter than cute!