autumn is a mosaic...

Welcome to 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!


We are so excited to have Prickley Pear as our Sponsor this week!

Make sure you pop over to their STORE...they have hundreds of wonderful stamps and other goodies like coordinating dies!

Here's the fun sketch for this week!


I wanted to keep the overall design crisp to really bring out the wonderful Prickley Pear leaf image I got to play with...

...lots of stitching and distressing...with ink and my trusty Heidi Swapp distressor...

For those that know me, I tend to keep the interior CAS = non-embellished.  haha....but I have this wonderful quote that I wanted to incorporate into my card design...

The font is wonderfully whimsical...I inked the leaf image in PTI Orange Zest and stamped off once before stamping again on top of the quote which reads:

Winter is
an etching,
Spring
a watercolor,
Summer
an oil painting
& Autumn
a mosaic
of them all.
Stanley Horowitz

I framed the quote with some distressed scallop strips...all the paper is ala PTI {kraft/orange zest/new leaf} along with the buttons {fine linen} which makes my card eligible for the fabbie A Passion for Papertrey's current challenge, Awesomely Autumnal {insert me waving to Aimes!}...wishin' I could have joined them in their make & take this weekend but alas, the commute is a smidge too far:)

Thanks for poppin' by and make sure you check out the 365 Cards blog to be inspired by the other Sunday Sketchy Crew Gals!

Comments

~* steph :) *~ said…
great take on the sketch, amy! love the stitching and distressing. those leaves are cool and love the buttons. tahnsk for sharing! *hugs* steph :)
yyam said…
Love your CAS card Amy! Especially the bright happy colors! :)

Happy Sunday to you! :)
Alice said…
simply fab. love the stitching and the simplicity. love it!
TesaB said…
So, sooooo FAB!!! Gorgeous colors, love all the yellow!!!
Anonymous said…
this is fabulous... love the simplicity, bright colours... love the stitching n distressing ... hugs
Vanessa said…
Beautiful! I love the inside, too!!
Tasha said…
Oh your card is lovely Amy. Fabulous colour choice. I so need the leaf stamp
love tasha xx
Great card! Buttons and sewing, what's not to love?!!! I especially like the way you did the sentiment inside - perfect.
Karen B. said…
The surely would have been a long commute! Love the yellows, reminds me of the trees outside now.
Sherry Eckblad said…
beautiful card. Nice to see the inside done on this one.
Dora said…
This is gorgeous!
Tamra said…
Love the card..and the sketch...Glad I popped by your blog today because I didn't know about the Prickly Pear or the Sunday Sketch! Hope I can find time to play along!
Martha said…
Wow Amy, your card is again beautiful. Also love your Home... card.
Love the colours and the tree!
Regan said…
love this one!!!
Holy smokes AMY!! This is AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeee the stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Ann said…
Fabby card, Amy! Love it!
Angie Tieman said…
How cute!! Love how you did the inside!
Angie Tieman said…
How cute!! Love how you did the inside!
Aimes said…
Waving right back at ya, girlie! Oh how I wish you could have been at our event today - though I did have a fellow crafty peep pass on your li'l hello message to me!
Lovin' your CAS design and the inside is fabby!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
Ginny Larsen said…
you're so awesome with the distressing and the sewing machine... i love it!
Lynnda said…
Beautiful Amy... i love the quote too... love it...xx
this is a fabulous Fall card Amy!
Anonymous said…
Wow... SO Bright! I love it! :)
Excellent take on the sketch!
cnelson said…
So fantabulous!! LOVE the stitching!!
Tina said…
Great take on the sketch. The colors are amazing.
lauren bergold said…
oh my gosh that is TOTALLY awesome...outside and inside...BRILLIANT and ♥SO very FAB♥!!! (i am chuckling b/c i was torn betw THAT quote and the emily bronte one i used on my HTA page...only b/c emily mentioned LEAVES did she win by a narrow margin!!!) ♥!!!
Awesome card, Amy! And thank you so much for your lovely card! I received it on Saturday! You're the best! Hugs.
Kay said…
Stunning, striking, perfection!!! This is marvelous, Amy! Love the bright colors, leaves and wonderful buttons!!! ♥♥ Kay
ivy said…
love the bright yellow!!

let's talk distressors... do ya like your heidi swapp one? i heard tim holtz has a nice one. i have just been using my scissors!
Savitri said…
This is sweet! Lovin' the fall colors and the cas is refreshing!!!
~ Sophia ~ said…
Ahh, Amy...just looove your card, girl. That bright yellow makes me smile.
But what is it that I hear..? Are you leaving us...? We gonna miss you for sure. Luckily enough, I have the chance to see your lovely cards here on your blog.
Have a great weekend!
Rose said…
well it is sat night and i finally made it here to comment!! lol

LOVE your CAS card girl :)