hope happens....

T.G.I.F...Whew...we made it through the week!!!
Today is Skipping Stones Design on my blog!

It is Sketch Challenge Day and we're having a Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from the wonderful Ann's blog:



We'll be featuring the latest Skipping Stones Design release, Cancer Schmancer:


Isn't it w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l-?!!!

There's also a fabbie new set called Grunge...you're going to LOVE it...I'll have a card next week featuring it:)

Check out the new Sketch by Karen Giron:


Here's my take on the sketch:


I definitely gravitate towards lotsa patterns and colors...that's why I love to buy the paper pads or crafting kits...all the patterned paper is Echo Park, Life is Good.  I wanted to make a really girlie card...there is a ton of stitching on this one...


The butterfly is so delicate but makes a lovely impact on the card...I stamped the image on the grid paper and then stamped it on ivory cardstock and then did some fussy cutting...I'm giving this to my mom so that she can send it to her friend that is going through Chemo for Breast Cancer..

Did you hear that for every Cancer Schmancer set that is sold in the month of October, Skipping Stones Design will be donating $4 to the Susan G Komen Foundation...what are you waiting for...it's an awesome set...buy yours today...

BTW, have you had your mammo this year?  This was taken from the Susan G. Komen Foundation site:

About 207,090 new cases of invasive breast cancer will occur among women in the United States during 2010. And an estimated 39,840 women will die from breast cancer this year. Also, about 1,970 men will be diagnosed and 390 men will die of breast cancer during 2010 in the United States. In addition to invasive breast cancer, an estimated 54,010 new cases of in situ breast cancer will occur among women in 2010.

PLEASE if you haven't already...make your appointment today...I had mine last friday...definitely not fun for a petite modest girl like myself {ugh} but it is just one of those things that 'we gotta do'...

I'm the end of the blog hop...I hope that you enjoyed it...please play with us in the sketch challenge...We would love to see how you are inspired!

♥♥Housekeeping♥♥

Just a reminder that you have until 11:59 pm PDT TONIGHT to link up for Flashback Friday 3.0!  Whaddya got to lose?  There's a fabbie sponsor, EAD Designs with a whole lotta Stickerz goodness!  I'll post the random winner of FBF 3.0 Saturday morning...they will be the lucky ducks that get to pick out the theme for Flashback Friday 4.0 that will be announced on Friday, October 22nd!  They will also be my Guest DT for 4.0!!!

I wanted to do a ginormous shout out for all of you that have managed to vote for me in the Cosmo Cricket Honorary Design Team Member Contest...there are a TON of talented and big named peeps going for this one spot...there are literally pages and pages of comments...it's c-r-a-z-y!  Looks like voting is open UNTIL TODAY 5 PM Mountain time so thanks so much my friends!!!

Comments

ivy said…
beautiful paper! love all your stitching!
TGIF!!
Anonymous said…
I love this fabbie card.......... look at the colours and the butterfly.. Just beautiful.
the set is gorgeous..
I have acquired a few SStone sets now.. they are fabbie arent they.. just quit my job.. i think i will have more time to craft now :p
yyam said…
Amy, this is just so pretty! I love everything about it. :)
Alice said…
gorgeous card. beautiful colors and that butterfly is perfect. love it!
Smita said…
beautiful!! I love the grid in the background :-)
Karen B. said…
I love that stamp set and your card features it so well! Great pattern paper choices, I don't know how you put them together so well!
Michelle said…
What a beautiful card and a super great set. I hope you get good results.. mine first one is next week..

Mishy
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this card Amy!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that butterfly!!!!! And yayyyyyyyyyy for the donation to the foundation for the stamp set sales!! That is AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Julia Aston said…
Love your papers (of course!) all the shapes and great stitching!

Congrats to you on the Moxie Fab win with your cute card Amy! (thanks for noticing mine too!GF!!)
Regan said…
really pretty girl!!
Tamra said…
WOW Amy!! BEAUTIFUL card! Love all the stitching!
Bonita Rose said…
Love that new set.. wow... so encouraging... love it.. your card is fantastic!
Dora said…
Love the butterfly, and great papers you used!
Martha said…
Beautiful cards Amy!! It makes me smile :)
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Martha
Megan said…
What a beautiful card darling!
It is so sweet that you are giving it to (your mum to give to) a friend going through chemo. You are such a beautiful person!!!
Have a lovely day,
xo
Randee E said…
Gorgeous card Amy so bright cheerful and hopeful!! Love the new set and I'm headed over there RIGHT NOW to make my purchase :0)
Wendy said…
I love this card Amy!! You did a wonderful job!!
Tina said…
This is just beautiful amy, the colors are so soft.
Shannan Teubner said…
This is fabulous, Amy! Love that paper, too!
laterg8r said…
love the stitching - beautiful card :D
Rose said…
B E A U T I F U L !!!:)
Brenda said…
Love the butterfly against that grid background. Stunning!
Barb Turpin said…
Great job Amy! Love all that gorgeous stitching!
Riet said…
So wonderful card Amy,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x
Joy said…
love the card and this is for a great cause! pretty butterfly and DP! love the LO & sweet sentiment too. have a happy Friday!
Lea L. said…
This is very pretty Amy! I love the fun colors and patterned papers you used...and the butterfly is fabulous!
Janice said…
Gorgeous card and you know I love butterflies! Wonderful hop put together!
Lynnda said…
Hey Amy... Perfectly gorgeous card.... what not to love... sweet...xx
~Tammy~ said…
Beatiful card as always Amy!!
Jingle said…
This is great! I love the patterned papers!
Janetcraft said…
the butterfiy is really FAB! as usual , I love the way you play on the pattern papers..
Justine said…
That is very beautiful, love the soft colors and yes the butterfly is very soft and dainty. I like her antennas
TesaB said…
What an AMAZING card!!! It's fantastic in every way, soooo beautiful, loooove the patterned papers AND all the stitching, fuzzy cutting.... well, it's AWESOME!

And keeping my fingers crossed about the CC!!!
Beautiful card. Thanks for being part of this hop!!
Spardha said…
WOW!.. love the card!.. soo bright!.. I really hope to contribute for the cause.. :)
Tyggereye said…
Love the card. The pearls on it are fab!
lauren bergold said…
oooooooooooooooh miss amy, this is utterly BEEEEEAUTIFUL...and totally inspirin' missus! ♥♥♥♥♥!
Anonymous said…
Seriously love this card Amy! Love the stitching and the girly touches and that gorgeous butterfly!