Fusion: the journey is the reward


We're already up to Fusion #13!

Awesome work on last week's Fusion challenge ladies!

Check out the newest challenge:


PROCEDURES:

1. Play with just Jackie's sketch challenge.

2. Play with just Lesley's inspiration photo challenge.

3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.

4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.

I'm on Lesley's Team:


I was inspired by the 

birds
color

Here's what I designed:

I decided to go the asian bird route.  Each crane has been fussy cut and each is on a foam pop dot to simulate flight.


origami cranes

We folded a thousand for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding...it symbolizes good fortune.

I'm going to squirrel this card away for my girl that will be going away for college this fall.


For the Japanese, the crane or tsuru {aha..sound familiar?!} are viewed with special value.

I'm going to start collecting origami crane themed items for the girl.  I already gave her this gorgeous necklace for her birthday this year.

 Make sure you pop over to the Fusion blog!!!!

Check out the other Fusion Scientists:


This challenge will stay open until July 23rd!  

We will be back on July 26th with Challenge #14!!

On a sad note, this will be Deanna's last challenge with Fusion. We'll miss her TONS but i know you'll be like me and stalk her blog!

supplies
cardstock:  recollections
paper:  Pink Paislee Queen Bee
stamps:  The Alley Way/Sushi Bar, A Muse Studio
ink:  memento Tuxedo

Comments

Miriam Prantner said…
Love the quote and great piecing!
wendipooh13 said…
ohhhh the cranes are gorgeous!!!
Jessi Fogan said…
What a cool idea for your college-bound girl! Love the angled birds - they totally mimic flight :)
Chunyuan said…
awesome choice of papers you used on this card and love the sentiment. Really enjoyed being on FSS team with you. Sorry about my infrequent comments. Just being too busy.
Riet said…
What a gorgeous card Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
Super Spectacular Origami!


Thanks fro your well wishes and congrats on the CASology!
donna mikasa said…
Love your paper pieced tsuru! Folded a thousand for my wedding, too...
Jingle said…
This is SO CUTE!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love those origami birds!
Laurel said…
What a super fun take on the inspiration!
Anita Rex said…
What a clever way to use the Fusion challenge!
This is fabulous! LOVING those cranes!!!!
Kara Lynne said…
I just love the background story behind your origami cranes! Love your card, Amy!
Marlena M. said…
I love those cranes Amy!
Anonymous said…
I love your card, Amy. This is one of those that I first look at and think, "Oh man, I wish I had thought of that!" It's brilliant. ;-) And I enjoyed your commentary about the crane. Very interesting!
Angie Tieman said…
Super cute!! Love the way it shows *movement*!
Shelly said…
Such a sweet card! LOVE the cranes!! :)
Ashley Horton said…
Love those Origami cranes, Amy!!
lostinpaper said…
Fabulous card Amy! Love how you have the Asian birds flying across the card, especially in those fab design papers.
TesaB said…
Absolutely FAB! Such CAS perfection!!!
Lyndal said…
LOVE, LOVE this card Amy - your oragami cranes look FAB!!!
Trinh said…
I love the movement of the cranes across your card! And I enjoyed hearing the history behind them. And I love the tradition you are starting for your DD.
Unknown said…
love those TAWS origami cranes! great inspiration for this challenge!
Lisa Arana said…
what a fabulous card, love those flying cranes.