garage sale update!





Happy Sunday!

Taking a smidge of quiet time this morning to give you a quick update on the garage sale we had this weekend.

There were 3 of us on Friday...big shout out to Novell & Katie for making the trek out to me.  On Saturday we added the stuff from another crafter.

We managed to make some money but really, more importantly, we got rid of some of stuff which went to great homes.

A big High Five to Kimberly who came out to shop and chat!

Even though we lucked out in weather for both days, Friday was much busier for us than Saturday.  I only do garage sales from 9 am - 1 pm because it really is thoroughly exhausting for me.  

***

Directly after the sale I picked up my boy, then a friend of the boy and the girl and we went out to the University of Washington to visit the girl in her new nest.  

There are a handful of other bloggers that are going through the same thing that I am with their kids.  

Can I tell you how proud I am?  

I'm so thankful for this awesome journey that my girl is going on.  She has worked her tail off and I just know that it will all pay off for her in so many ways.  I've been so strong about 'letting her go' but, quite frankly, as I write up this post, ugh, the water works. 


I love this girl, TONS.


Comments

Lynn said…
Oh Amy...big hugs to you. You should be so proud of your daughter's accomplishments as I know you are, but I'm right there with you. My heart would be aching as well. So glad the garage sale went well!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Sounds like a good garage sale since the goal is to move stuff out.
Ah, I bet you are missing your girl but just look what her future holds. Remember she is just a short distance away and you can visit whenever you want.
jessica said…
what a beautiful pic of you and your daughter!
SeattleStamper said…
What a big change for you both but how awesome too! Job well done to you both and now it's time for the next chapter :) Hugs
Lesley said…
Sounds like a productive weekend. Love the photo of you and your daughter! Hugs to you.
Jessi Fogan said…
HUGE HUGS, Amy :)
So much to go through all at the same time - it's bound to get overwhelming sometimes.
Tracey McNeely said…
Your garage sale sounds like such a success, great that you had blogging friends to help and visit! Hugs and understanding Amy! You should be the proud mama for sure, so glad you made your way over to see your girl.It makes me teary too--this is such an adjustment for both of us!
Angie Tieman said…
Thanks for the update! I was very curious!
Shannon J said…
You and your daughter are gorgeous! So glad the sale went well!
Rose said…
yay for the crafty sale time :)

you should be proud!!! and be thankful she didn't go to a college on the east coast!!! you can still drive to see her :)
Lynnda said…
Oh Sista!!.... big big hugs to you{You're a proud Momma!}..... Sounds like your garage sales was a success!!!! That's great!.... hugs...x
Audrey Pettit said…
My gosh, I sure know the feeling, Amy! I am so, so proud of my boy...but still miss him sooo badly. Loved having him home for the weekend, but oh, the water works when he had to leave again....
Hugs to you! And so glad to hear you got rid of some stuff at your sale!
Thanh Vo said…
She sure is a smart cookie, Amy! No doubt, you should be proud!
yyam said…
Glad you had a good sale.
Let her fly. She's still local so that should be reassuring...just a car ride away right? Love the photo of the two pretty girls! ;)
Kelly Griglione said…
Be strong, Mama, be strong! Then you can tell me how you did it in ten years when I need to go through it : ) Gorgeous photo of you two, really.

I love going to garage sales, hate having them. I do a children's resale event twice/year and only because I can get so much $$$ for the items there. It's this weekend, actually. Hoping to get rid of a ton of stuff.
donna mikasa said…
Yup, you've raised a fine Huskie! :)
As you should be! Yay to her and yay to mom for building up a successful and beautiful young lady!
ps- the garage sale was great, thank you!
ivy said…
kudos on purging and getting rid of unused crafty supplies! I wish I lived closer!
great picture of you & your daughter! you SHOULD be proud....you raised her well!
Anonymous said…
Glad your sale went well and you had fun doing it! And big hugs, mama! :)