little tangles: back to the blackboard



We're up to challenge 20 over at the little tangles blog:



One of my favorite techniques is the look of Chalkboard Art.

There's the textbook version with heat embossing and double stamping or there is the lazy bones version. 

I introduce you to the lazy bones version:


For me, I love the messy look of the technique and quite frankly, don't tell anyone, I don't heat emboss.

I smear white ink {my ink of choice is WPlus9} with a dry baby wipe all over the black panel.  I especially like to use textured black cardstock.


This is actually the first time I've inked up 

Neat & Tangled 





I finally picked up some circle dies.  I've been seeing alot of panels being die cut and the use of the negative cut....I'm liking that look.

What better way to make that texty circle pop than to use Hero Arts Neon ink!

Make sure you check out the Little Tangles blog for more inspiration!

You'll love what my teamies have designed!

Piali {Guestie!}
 
For those of you that have been following me, you may remember this:
 
 
Danielle, the spectacular kind hearted soul and owner of Neat & Tangled is started up the happy mail for grayson again. 
 
Come on bloggie/crafty friends....let's flood Grayson and his family with happy mail!  For all the deets, pop over to the Neat and Tangled blog.

Challenge Guidelines: LITTLE TANGLES

  • Create a NEW project based on the challenge theme. Your project must fit within the challenge theme in order to be eligible to win.
  • Submit your entry through the Inlinkz tool. (If you have a blog, please link to the blog post with your challenge entry, not your entire blog!)
  • Link back to our challenge and display our challenge graphic in your blog post.
  • The use of Neat & Tangled stamps is not required, but it is strongly encouraged! If you don't own any Neat & Tangled stamps, check out the FREE digi stamps HERE
  • You may enter as many times as you'd like.
  • We'd love for you to be a follower of Little Tangles!
  •  You have until Sunday, Sept 15th at 11:59 EST to enter.

Comments

Sylvia said…
Cute card, Amy, love the chalk board look no matter how you did it! Great card! Have a fabulous Thursday!
cm said…
Delightful card, Amy; love the chalkboard look! A 'technique' that I certainly need to try! The black+white+neon pink is soooo eye-catching! Thanks for your warm comment on my Little Tangles 'technique' entry; you've started my Thursday off with a smile!!
c
Gorgeous! LOVING that chalkboard look!!!!!!
Laurel said…
Love your card and I do it the lazy way too!
Annette Allen said…
love your blackboard card..
Kelly Griglione said…
hahaha, you are anything but "lazy bones!" Love the way you chalkboard though! And, you can never go wrong with a set of trusty circle dies : )
June Houck said…
Amy cards always make me happy! This pop of pink and the blackboard technique definitely make me smile :)
Miriam Prantner said…
Ha ha, lazy bones! Still looks great, but now I am singin "dem bones, dem bones...."
Jessi Fogan said…
I may have to try the lazy chalkboard technique :) And you only just got some circle dies? I use mine CONSTANTLY! I should hide them from myself (easy to do, lol)
Sylvia Blum said…
oh my.. this is soooo rad!!! love it, Amy!!!
Sylvia xx
Shannon J said…
I LOVE lazy bones!! Especially when it looks THIS good!
Unknown said…
Haha, lazy bone technique works well! Fun card with the neon.
Aimes said…
Rockin' the chalkboard and neon trend! This card makes me happy! :)
Anonymous said…
What an awesome card! I love the chalkboard combined with neon Amy.
Rose said…
well i love your lazy bones way!!! :)

i will try the ink on a dry wipe as rubbing my embossing buddy over the black paper just doesn't give it enough chalkboard feel.
Ashley Horton said…
Awesome Amy!! Love the chalkboard look with the pop of Pink!
Keren Baker said…
What no embossing?! Ha ha! Super card. I love anything 'chalkboard'!!
Lynnda said…
Sista .... you rockin the chalkboard and neon !!!! Awesome I love this... I might want to try the technique.... great! hugs...x
Lyndal said…
Fab chalkboard technique Amy - LOVE that POP of colour!
Ren-Yi said…
i love the great chalkbaord here too. and w/ fun popping colors.