autumn.



Happy Saturday!

Any fun crafting plans for today?  I'm taking a calligraphy class and I'm super excited about it.   If anyone has a calligraphy Pinterest board, please let me know.  I just started one and it's kind of sad, only 2 pins so far.

The PTI October Blog hop has been fun....I'll catch up with the others that have linked up this weekend.  I'm such a fan of tags so I'm thoroughly inspired by everyone.  In case you didn't see mine from yesterday, it's HERE.  Big surprise that I went with a coffee theme:)

Here's today's card:


See that honeycomb panel?  That autumn die cut has a white interior box, like really white.  The collection has more of a winter white thing going on so I decided to cover it up with that pale blue panel and add some texture.

For so many  layers, this card is totally flat (patting myself on the back for that).  I spent some quality time at the post office yesterday, so I'm super sensitive to at least try to make my cards postal friendly.


I knew I needed a layer-ie sketch so I used Mojo Monday:


All the designers on that team are awesome but I gotta tell you, Teresa Kline's card sang to me, kwim?

I'm finally linking up to Laurel's 



When I saw the blue and orange combo, BINGO!  Let me just use my trusty Persimmon collection!

Yesterday I met up with the oh-so-fabulous Katie Brooks!  We met up at Impress and then ended up at Starbucks.  We keep missing our photo op!  Katie, we need to take a pic next time which is soon, right?  :)

Here are a couple pics that I took....the outdoor shopping mall is really pretty:


Anthro is my 2nd favorite shop there (obviously Impress being my fav!):



I fell in love with THIS sweater...a smidge expensive for me so I went home with THIS & THIS from the Gap.  Sheesh, I can't believe the price difference between online & retail....I got them 40% off of clearance so each shirt was $16...gotta love that green!

Okay, off to get another cup of coffee and my breakfast, a Chobani Flip Greek Yogurt!




Comments

Laurel said…
Gorgeous photo and card Amy! Thanks for playing!
Sylvia Blum said…
Your card is super adorable, Amy! Love your use of the Basic Grey :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sylvia xx
Love love love love the card! GORGEOUS oranges!!! And loving your photos from your friend meet up!!!
Shannon J said…
Okay, not only do I love your card (you know I always do!), I am totally loving your Gap finds! What a deal!!! And so fun that you got to meet up with Katie!
LOVE this my dear! The pop of color amidst the subdued undertones is fab! Wonderful job with all the inspiration!
Lynn said…
Love the pictures from your day out. Sounds perfect! Your card is an awesome take on the sketch. Love the sweet little banners.
Beautiful card, gorgeous pictures and thanks for the sequins - I got them today!
Rose said…
beautiful card my friend :)
hope your class was fun! you have seen my sloppy handwriting so nope, no calligraphy for me! lol
Miriam Prantner said…
This is seriously stunning! Love the bold flower against the soft blues!
Ashley Horton said…
Gorgeous card, Amy! I love that color combo too! The Orange on the BG chipboard flower looks awesome with the Light Blue paper! And the calligraphy class sounds like fun!
Lynnda said…
This card is stunning!! Loving the layering .. I like it when you did layering on your cards!! You just know how to match them beautifully!!
Woohoo love the shirts!! Green my fave too!! Hugs x
Aimes said…
My favourite season captured on a card!
Those hanging tea cups are adorable! :)
Ruth G said…
Fabulous color combo on your card and I think the honeycomb embossing is the perfect touch of texture! TFS!
cm said…
Gorgeous card, and what a fabulous day you had: time with Katie, craft shopping (oh, to have a craft store nearby), great deals on clothes. Everything = excellent!! Thanks for sharing all the inspiration photos (and the sale at GAP!!). Happy Sunday!
c
Virginia L. said…
GLORIOUS post, Amy! Love the card and all the gorgeous photos!
Virginia L. said…
And oh...I am totally love to hang out with you and Katie B.!! Just a tad jealous here (heehee)!
sandi said…
Wow! What a fantastic card! LOVE everything about it!
Annette Allen said…
wow love this.. great blend of patterns.. so pretty
yyam said…
Love the mix of patterns. Gorgeous card Amy! I'm opting for "lighter" cards too....shipping can really add up!

Glad you scored some great deals. :)