sunday snail mail


Sunday, already?

I was able to spend some quality time with the girl yesterday.  She has her first college cold...so I was living by the "feed a cold, starve a flu"....isn't that what it is? 

Here's my card for today.  Yup, just made it this morning!  It's the side effects of playing and napping.


I still managed to squeeze in some of the Basic Grey Persimmon collection in this one!  See that sweet snail?  Yet another die that has been horribly neglected, it's by Memory Box.

Lotsa stuff going on with this huge 6x6 card.  The burlap and the lace is from my bloggie buddie Erin....Thanks Erin!!!  

See all that Natural Twine by Timeless Twine?  I was inspired by THIS card by Val Stangle.  I had all this 'space' between the the top of the Paper Smooches mason jar and the top of the tag, I felt the need to fill it in!  See that Snail Mail sentiment?  Classic A Muse wood mount stamp...love it.


Gotta love the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, there is something for any occasion!

It's been awhile since I've played with the gals over at the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge:


I was inspired by the Trend Watch



My card design started with the inspiration by Freshly Made Sketches...although maybe not considered clean and crisp, there is still a ton of white space!


Here's to a spectacular Sunday!

Comments

Laurel said…
Oh my goodness, how cute, love the snail!
Jamie said…
This card is just perfect, love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)
cm said…
Oh my goodness..if this doesn't make your poor girl feel better (pass along a 'get well soon' from me!), I don't know what will! Smile-making, day-brightening, spirit-lifting! Love all the elements, and the snippet of lace: perfect extra special touch! Fabulous!
c
Shannon J said…
Awwww, such a sweet Mom looking after her sweet girl!! And sweet, SWEET card! Love the snail in the mason jar accompanied by the "snail mail" sentiment :)
Sorry she is sick :(

I love love love the colors, the jar and that snail!!!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
So glad your girl is close enough for her Momma to visit and give her some TLC when needed.
I always thought it was Starve a cold feed a fever. Who knows.
Love the card and I want that paper. I know I keep saying it but I do.
Aimes said…
Hope you managed to kick your girl's cold to the kerb!
Never thought a snail could be sweet, but you've proved me wrong! :)
Ashley Horton said…
Adorable Amy, and the die cut snail is too cute!
Annette Allen said…
this is awesome and I love that little snail... so cute..
alexandra s.m. said…
Adorable card Amy!
That snail is awesome ;)
Lynn said…
I love this Amy! All the texture from the different twines, ribbon, etc. is amazing. Hope your daughter feels better quickly!
Lynnda said…
Glad that you are still near your daughter! Hopefully she will gets better soon.. Send some hugs to her!!
This card is too sweet love the snail and the mason jar!! Too cute!! Hugs x
Wendy said…
I am glad that you got to spend some time with your daughter...even if it was with her feeling a little under the weather.
Love your card...the colors, the design and that little snail. Very nice.
Rose said…
love the little snail :)

it is starve a fever feed a cold ;)well that is what i grew up hearing anyway lol
Jinny Newlin said…
Oh, that little snail, in the jar, is beyond ADORABLE! And your little tag is a perfect fit! LOVE this to bits!
Unknown said…
Ha! Love your snail mail sentiment and that oh so cute snail die!
Audrey Pettit said…
What a cute, cute card, Amy! Totally love the mason jar wrapped with burlap and lace, and love the whole snail mail theme! Such a sweet little snail and matching sentiment. Absolutely made me smile this morning!
Lisa Arana said…
Eeek! Love, love, love that little snail in a JAR, too stinkin' cute.
Miriam Prantner said…
Snail mail - too cute! Love the snail in the jar and those gorgeous trims on the tag!
Trinh said…
So stinkin' cute! I love the mix of patterns and that tiny little snail.
Angie Tieman said…
Totally adorable! Love the lace and tag you bundled up!
Linda Suarez said…
Fabulous card! That diecut snail is adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Sylvia said…
What fun snail mail, Amy, love the jar, the snail and that beautiful tag! Gorgeous design and card!
Jessi Fogan said…
AW, poor girlie! The first college cold right around midterms? Ouch :(
I am in LOVE with that snail! Too freaking cute!!
Kim S said…
You have showcased that sweet snail die perfectly!! Charming use of patterns, lace, color and other fun texture!