FUSION: sunflower



post 1 of 2 for me today...click HERE for Neat & Tangled's September Release!


Hello and Welcome to the new Fusion:


I totally started out trying to combine both the inspiration photo and the sketch.  I could not seem to get the 'ole mojo to work with the colors!  That was super odd & frustrating for me since I LOVE working with the color yellow!

So I opt'd for the sketch:

cardstock:  simon says stamp/september 2014  paper:  simon says stamp/september 2014/october afternoon  stamps:  claudine hellmuth/so retro, verve/words of wisdom  ink:  memento/rich cocoa  other:  dcwv cork, lifestyle crafts glasses, spellbinders circle die, misc washi

I'm such a bad card kit subscriber.  I really should be subscribing on a quarterly basis for the Simon Says Stamp kits.  There is just no way for me to keep up with all the products I currently own (and keep purchasing!) along with the SSS kits.  

Here's the thing, the Sept kit is awesome but if I really thought about it, what was attracting me to the kit was the October Afternoon papers.  (Did anyone else have issues with the ledger washi in the kit...gah, mine would not 'unroll' for me...it kept ripping and left the tape below it horribly sticky..boo).  Truthfully, I'm not a book reader.  I buy them (at garage sales) and have quite the stash of them but right now, my free time is taken up by this crazy hobby of mine and keeping up with my Feedly & Facebook.  I'm okay with that.  Things will eventually shift for me.  Given my crazy sleep schedule {6 hours of sleep, generally waking up by 3 am), by the time I pick up a book, I instantly fall asleep..LOL.

Okay, back to the card.  I made this especially for one of my bestie's daughter.  She's starting at the University of Washington..moved into the dorms last weekend.  

Do you spot the gold zig zag stitching on the red patterned panel?

Here's the interior of the card:


She is the first person in her family to go to a University.  She's a sweet girl and a whipper snapper.  I have no doubts that she will succeed in anything she puts in mind to.

If you're a fan of sentiments, THIS Verve set is awesome.

I didn't use the washi from the kit, I was having issues with it {read above}...so I used this mystery roll because well, manufacturers are missing out by not printing their deets on the interior core of the roll so that we can credit them.

Make sure you check out my teamies for awesome inspiration:


Comments

I Card Everyone said…
Love the card, and every element of it, Amy... I did see the gold stitching, which I've tried with no luck with the old girl =/ You are so right about that sentiment set from Verve!
=] Michele
Laurel said…
Such a hip card, love it!
Julia Aston said…
What a great design with the cork and those cute glasses! Perfect for the new student!
Annette Allen said…
very cool card.. love how you added the cork
wendipooh13 said…
super cute, LOVEEEE he glasses!!
jessica said…
Great take on the sketch Amy!
LOVE your card!!
Lynn said…
Awesome reason to be making/sending this card. Way to go to your daughter's friend. Love the sentiment on the inside.
Deepti said…
What fab card, fab sentiment and fab reason :) Love the stitching
Tracey McNeely said…
Love that you made a card for your bestie's DD and it is a fabulous card. I am with you, I have so much stuff and I could never use it all and I keep buying. I had the same problem with the Kelly Purkey I bought at SSS, it was all gummy and kept ripping, so frustrating!
Ashley Horton said…
Love the cork piece and the zig zag stitching, Amy!!
Angie Tieman said…
Love this, especially the snazzy inside! I'm so behind on my kits, it's not even funny!
Back again, I love your fun fusion card!
Lyndal said…
Super cool card Amy - that's one of my FAVOURITE sentiment sets too!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
lol... you are making me smile with your washi tape comments, Amy! ;)
Adorable card! Love the text print and bit of cork, and those tiny glasses are super cute. Love the sentiment on the inside, too!
Becca Cruger said…
I love the old world feel of your fusion card! Both of the papers are just so vintage and great.
cm said…
Colours, papers, images, the sketch - totally works for me, and guaranteed your friend's daughter will adore it! How thoughtful you are!!
Hugs~c
Kim S said…
Perfect for heading off to college! Love the inside too.