so thankful for you & publications



post 1 of 2 for me...click HERE for my Chickaniddy Crafts project.


By now, it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm a Stampin' Up Fan {again}.  We have this friendly challenge among a group of us, which includes Katie, Kimberly & Tonya.  This time Katie picked THIS as our challenge.  Here's a quick peek at the color combo:


As I was ooohhh and aaaaahhhing over the terrific colors:

Basic Gray/Pool Party/Calypso Coral/Lucky Limeade

I realized that I didn't have anything that really matched the {gorgeous} Lucky Limeade color.  At a SU Party that I hostessed, No, I'm not a Demo, I picked up a package of the 2013-2015 In Colors so I translated the above combo to:


Basic Gray/Coastal Cabana/Crisp Cantaloupe/Pistachio Pudding

Here's the result:

cardstock:  stampin' up crisp cantaloupe/basic gray/pistachio pudding, pti white, paper accents vellum  stamps:  stampin' up I like you/dotty angles  ink:  zing white, fresh ink black tea/coral and teal re-inker  other:  spellbinders oval die, corner chomper

I've been really enjoying the I Like You set.  One of my go to sets is, Dotty Angles.  Bonus points that it is from their Photopolymer Collection.

The card base is tall and skinny using Crisp Cantaloupe.  One of my all time favorite grays, Basic Gray.

The blooms have been paper pieced with Pistachio Pudding.  I incorporated the Coastal Cabana by using my Fresh Ink Teal reinker and coloring in the centers of the blooms.


How totally awesome that my color match with:





One of the many challenges that I'm inspired by is CASE-ing the Catty.  I'm a huge fan of the Stampin' Up 2014-2015 Catalog and I'm constantly inspired by the projects that they've featured.  Unfortunately, that particular challenge is SUO {Stampin' Up Only}.  One thing I won't convert to is the SU inks.  I have way too many inks as it is, check them out HERE, scroll down to the last photo.

So I challenged myself by using this inspiration:

(pg 153)

So, if you're interested in any Stampin' Up products, reach out to my SU Demo, Tonya.  She's awesome!  I'm happy to say that we are bloggie friends AND IRL {in real life} friends!

If you've made it this far, I truly appreciate your time!  I wanted to finish up my post with a little story.

A couple weeks ago, a bloggie friend reached out to me and asked me to team up with her for the PaperCrafts & Scrapbooking Creative Remix Submission.  I loved the added pressure to 'step up to the plate' since it wasn't just me, it involved another designer.  I'm happy to report that I had 2 projects picked up for the Cards Creations:  Volume 13!  Lesson learned, don't give up ladies...give it a try!  I know that submitting for publication isn't on everyone's 'to do list'.  That's cool...but, if you've been holding back, jump in...with both feet.  Do it if you enjoy it...because if you're creating/designing without the added joy, why are you doing it?

Comments

Miriam Prantner said…
Oh I love that nice tall card, gorgeous color combo, and so excited that you got some cards picked up by PC, can't wait to see them!!!
I am continually amazed by all you do (and this is coming from a total over achiever). Fun CASE… and I am in awe that you can add more to your stash… what else is being purged?
Annette Allen said…
yay for publications..
love your card.. so pretty
Deepti said…
I love that tall card!! And congrats on ur acceptance for publication, I so agree with u on enjoying what u do :)
Tenia Nelson said…
Awesome card, Miss Lady!! Congrats on your Happy Crafty News Too!! Yayness!!!
I Card Everyone said…
Yay, Amy!!! For the CC#13 issue!!! I'm not overly shocked, though... your work is so fabulous =]
=] Michele
donna mikasa said…
Yay for being pubbed! Can't wait to see!
Fabulous card, Amy! And congrats on getting published!!
Ashley Horton said…
Love your sweet, skinny card Amy, and big congrats on your publication pick up!!
Beautiful card (as always) and awesome news on the publication! Nice job!!
wendipooh13 said…
such a pretty card, way to go on the pub!!!
Hello.... Here is my LINKY http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2014/09/thank-you-stampin-up-colors.html
Lisa Lara said…
soft and lovely Amy. I love your vellum sentiment around your oval die.
Vickie Z said…
Adorable and wonderful use of the colors!! Love the sentiment stamped and overlaid on the recessed image!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!
jessica said…
Beautiful job Amy!!!!!
Congrats on your publication as well!!!!!
Wanda Cullen said…
Love your little strip of vellum for the sentiment! Sweet card design and a wonderful use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Celeste Goff said…
Beautiful card Amy! I love the non-traditional shape of it too!
Sylvia said…
Love this one, Amy, you picked out some fun colors!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, WOW! What a stunning card, Amy! I love everything about it! Awesome color palette and fabulous design! Wow, wow, WOW! And huge congrats on your card pubs! That is wonderful!
SWEET design! I love how those colors worked out for you! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.
Cris G. said…
That is a very sweet and girly tag, Amy. I love it.
Big congratulations on being published... but I'm not surprised!
cm said…
Your tall, slim card is amazing especially with the gorgeous color and image combo. The coral...swooning! Super thrilled to know you're being published; yet another sign of your fabulous creativity, unlimited talent and abundant perseverance! You're such an inspiration!
Hugs~c