appreciate everything.





I've been feeling super grateful these days.  It could be the time of year, fall seems to bring that out in a lot of people with Thanksgiving around the corner. 

There's been other things too...I carpool into work with Darin.  It's been nice for many reasons, chattin' time, not having to pay for parking {more importantly, not having to try to find a parking space!}, but the other thing is that I tend to look around more since I'm not the driver.  This has made me more aware/sensitive to all the homeless people in Seattle.  You can see the tents off of I-5...along with a new Homeless Encampment.

I truly appreciate our home:

paper:  strathmore  stamps:  sweet stamp shop, paper smooches/group hugs  ink:  peerless watercolors, m's watercolor tray, fresh ink black tea  other:  circle die, wooden hoop, freckled fawn heart woodchip

I can't begin to image what life must be like without a home....especially when there are children involved.

My base is a Strathmore circle that measures 3 inches in diameter.  I heat embossed the Sweet Stamp Shop home image in white.  I used a mixture of Peerless and my cheap watercolor tray that I picked up at M's.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches, Group Hugs.


I just had to place that sweet heart veneer on the front door.

I mounted the round panel onto a wood hoop...why yes, I do love them :)

I was inspired by CAS-ology's



Thanks for stoppin' by!!!!

Comments

Lynn said…
Beautiful wood hoop. Love the scene you've created. And most importantly a reminder to be grateful for so much!
I Card Everyone said…
I feel the same, amy... so beautiful! I'd say hang it on your Christmas tree, but something tells me you've already thought of it =] M
Miriam Prantner said…
This is adorable! Love the little hoop! You could totally make a bunch of Christmas ornaments like this!
I hear ya my friend ... I feel so bad for them here in Phoenix, especially with our extreme heats :( I loveeeeee your project!!! Just gorgeous!! Pinning this!!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
I feel sooo bad for the homeless... always breaks my heart. And yes, I am so super thankful for my home and all my amazing blessings. Your post really hit home for me today (sorry for the pun). And I LOVE your sweet little frame! So soft and beautiful. Love the sentiment and really love the watercoloring, too!
dstandard said…
Adorable! I feel t he same!
Toni said…
Really lovely--love the water colors. Great story behind it too. I can't imagine homeless life either. We are so blessed in the things we often take for granted.
Shelly said…
Amy, this is soooo sweet! Love, love, love!
Julia Aston said…
What a sweet little watercolored home Amy!
Anonymous said…
I know Amy, we have a huge homeless population and they have camps. IT's so sad, especially when in the winter when it's cold outside!

I love your home tag!!!
I LOVE it!!! Just makes you warm inside looking at this!! ..HAPPY!!!
wendipooh13 said…
that is soooo gorgeous!!! wow I LOVE this!!!! and such a great reason to make it...
Happy Dance said…
Thanks for reminding us all of the blessings we have. There are so many less fortunate than us, and it's part of our responsibility as members of the human race to take care of each other. Your post is a good reminder to keep helping. And your hoop is gorgeous. Love it. Bev
donna mikasa said…
Super sweet hoop! Love that you watercolored the image, too.
Anonymous said…
I feel so bad for the homeless, too. They definitely need a home to back. Thanks for reminding me of how lucky I am to have a sweet home. Love your card mounted onto a wood hoop. You can make more and hang them on the wall to decorate your home. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at CASology. May
Meghan said…
Love how you used a hoop to frame your home! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!
Jen W. said…
Gorgeous watercolouring on this sweet house, Amy, and important thoughts to consider. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week.
Ashley Horton said…
Great reminder for us all, Amy!! Love this sweet project for your home!!
Kelly Latevola said…
It's gorgeous! What a beautiful heart you have Ms. Amy. We all need a reminder to be grateful. Thanks for giving me mine xoxo
Alice said…
beautiful! love love this one, Amy! i am grateful for YOU! =)
Anonymous said…
Gosh, this is lovely amy. Love how you have watercoloured it. Setting it in that hoop is such a nice touch too.
Wonderful, fabulous and I love hearing your thoughts. I am grateful for you!
Yuki said…
This is so lovely and such a wonderful idea. It's great reminder of how fortunate we truly are ♥
Deepti said…
Oh wow this is such a sweet and soft scene :)
Cris G. said…
What a sweet project and thoughts.
Yes, we are blessed and sometimes don't value enough what we already have, especially when compared to the ones that can't even satisfy their basic needs... it's heart breaking. Thank you!