oh yes, you did!




So, who has a card making hangover?

LOL

Lotsa fun yesterday, hope you were able to get crafty for World Card Making Day!

Today, Darin & I are hoping to get out on a flight.  I always love to go to Friday Harbor, but we'll see where we end up!

It's no secret that I LOVE color:

paper:  amy tangerine/plus one  stamps:  avery elle brushed  ink:  zing white  other:  whisker graphics large tag, bright white divine white, canvas corp clothespin, avery elle ballons die

I love the Tags from the Whisker Graphics Shop.

I used the Avery Elle Balloon die with vellum.  I adhered the Bright White Divine Twine with a dab of glossy accents.  I read that is a good adhesive with vellum, and yup, it is.  The sentiment and paint swooshed are from Avery Elle's Brushed set.  I'm on a big white embossing kick these days.

I was inspired by















I had a surprise yesterday:

















Yes, that's a screen shot of the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Gallery and check out the Cover Photo, that's my card from yesterday!  Now how fun is that?!  I'm a big fan of flickr and always upload my photos there, do you?

I wanted to chat about the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop:



















I tell you, that was one awesome hop!  The inspiration was amazing but the best thing was everyone just having FUN!  It's fabulous to know that I'm not the only one that enjoys making coffee inspired cards.  I was thrilled to even read non-coffee drinkers playing along, now how fun is that?!

A super big shout out to Chaitali for all her hard work....for all the Super Sponsors for supporting this awesome Paper Crafting Community!

So I wanted to do a quick run down on some of the fun trends I saw in the Blog Hop cards.  I wish I could include everyone in a category, but please know that I loved everyone's projects and enthusiasm!

Masking, something that I've been having fun with lately, here are a couple that caught my eye:

Julee Tilman (Verve Stamps)
Jen del Muro (Reverse Confetti)
Richard

Die cutting, from manual to electric, the trend is still strong:

Michele (I Card Everyone)
Larissa Heskett
Jingle
Donna Mikasa

Humor, gotta love the humor cards:

Vera Wirianta Yates
Michele (I Card Everyone)
Tonya @ The Heart Desires
Lyndal

Color, I love color:

Kimberly Wiener
Suzanne Bier
Kelly Booth
Sanketi
Karin Ã…kesdotter

Non-Card, gifts:

Erin T
Arts Crafts and Scraps Happy

Stamping, something near and dear to my heart:

iheartartblog
Conil
Kristie Larsen (Sweet Stamp Shop DT)
Veronica Zalis (Sweet Stamp Shop DT)

Clever, thinking outside the box:

Efrat
Michelle Lupton
Sarah Jay (Lil' Inker DT)

This made me chuckle:

Coffee Super Girl

The best deal in a coffee stamp:

JaneenK

WHEW!  Are you still with me?!  Thanks again everyone, for your inspiration, your enthusiasm and for the love of coffee!



Comments

donna mikasa said…
Thanks for the shout out and thanks to you and Chaitali for all your hard work! Coffee lovers (and non coffee lovers) UNITE! And I believe that's the first vellum balloon I've spotted--so cute!
TesaB said…
Ohh, wonderful card, super cute balloon and AWESOME colors!!! Have fun today!
Lynn said…
The blog hop was amazing! Loved every minute of it! Love your fun card today. Hope you have a fabulous flight.
I Card Everyone said…
Oh I am so surprised! Thanks, Amy! Loved every minute... it was truly "good to the last drop!"
=] Michele
Love love love your card! LOVING the colors and that balloon!! And does it count that I am making cards today??? LOL!!! Nine thank you cards for Brookie's birthday! :)
jessica said…
Beautiful card Amy!!!
Love the color combo!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Tenia Nelson said…
Awesome card and what a fun hop!! :)
Laura Norris said…
Great vellum balloon! Thanks for the great time yesterday !!
Laurel said…
Love the pop of color and the vellum balloon! Hope you have a great day!
wendipooh13 said…
ohhhh love this, great color mix!!!
Cris G. said…
Love this card, Amy. To me it is already a winner... black & white stripes, vellum, white embossing and a pop of color = gorgeous!
Trinh said…
I love the vellum balloon and color pop against the black and white!
Ashley Horton said…
Love this Amy! The pop of Green looks awesome with the Black and White stripes!
Lisa Lara said…
I just love how you used that balloon die and stamp set Amy. That green is so fun and just pops.
Deepti said…
Love ur card and indeed the coffee hop was awesome :)
Audrey Pettit said…
What a fabulous post, Amy! Love your card and HUGE congrats on the SSS cover photo! How cool is that? And thanks for sharing all that gorgeous inspiration from the blog hop! Too fun!
lauren bergold said…
white stamped "handwriting" sentiment onna vellum balloon??!?!? SMOP!!! it's a good thing i was already sittin' down, that's all i'm sayin'... :) :) :)
tonyamaries said…
Your card is awesome! I love that balloon! Thank you for the shout out! I had a blast with this hop, if you couldn't tell with my five cards... ;)
Thank you for all your hard work behind the scenes. You and Chaitali really hit it out of the park with this hop!
nope... you lost me! BUt I love your card and those bright fun colors!
Rubeena I. said…
you definitely put a lot of time into the blog hop and afterward! :) thanks!!!
cm said…
All the time invested in the blog hop: so sweet and generous! You always know how to bring a smile to our faces! Your card: pure delight! The green and black combination totally works!
Hugs~c
This is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the black and white with the bold pop of bright green!!!! Thanks so much for playing along at AEIHeartU - hope to see you again next month!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com