Pink Power Blog Hop: Never underestimate the power of a woman.






Chaitali has rounded up some of her crafty friends to help spread BC awareness. This is a cause close to her heart after her mom was diagnosed with BC earlier this year. She designed the Pink Power set for her mom with a lot of love. She is sponsoring this hop with the set for the hop guests. We also have some of the Verve DT playing in the hop today!

You should arrived here from Jennifer's awesome blog!  If not, you'll want to start at the beginning of the hop which is Chaitali's blog.

In case you get lost, here is the hop listing:



Check out how wonderful the Pink Power set is:


Sadly, Breast Cancer has touched my own family.  

Please remember your annual mammogram!

Here's my first card using the Pink Power set:

cardstock:  pti, paper accents/vellum  stamps:  verve/pink power  ink:  hero arts hues, fresh ink/pink lemonade other:  neat & tangled sequins/cotton candy & crystal clear, pink thread

I measured out a grid in pencil that helped me stamp with some sort of uniformity.  Honestly, I generally 'wing it' but with the silhouette image, it was safer for me to not be lazy :)  Do you see the pink ribbon image behind the sentiment?  I actually stamped it on the other side of the vellum.  

I stitched around the vellum in pink thread and filled it up with Neat & Tangled's Cotton Candy & Crystal Clear sequins.

I'm such a sentiment lovin' girl that I had to make an additional card using another one of the inspirational sentiments:


paper:  teresa collins/something wonderful, paper accents/vellum  stamps:  verve/pink power  ink:  zing black embossing powder, hero arts hues  other:  doily, pink thread

The Power of Pink...love that!

That silhouette makes such a statement, doesn't it?  Even though the Teresa Collins' paper is pretty busy, the stamping is center stage!

I was inspired by



and the October Diva Dare Challenge



A big shout out to Chaitali for asking me join in this powerful blog hop!

Now hippety hop over to Julie's spectacular blog!


Comments

Lynn said…
Love the vellum shaker card. Fabulous.
Leigh Penner said…
Beautiful cards, Amy!
Becca Cruger said…
Aww! I love the delicateness of your first card with the vellum shaker. Really, really pretty. Thanks for using your art to help shed light on such an important subject.
Kristie Goulet said…
LOVE the vellum shaker, Amy! What a great hop. Sadly, we lost my dear Mother-in-law to breast cancer. This is an awesome set!
Monika/Buzsy said…
Beautiful cards Amy. Especially love the shaker. What a wonderful blog hop.
Brenda said…
these are both cute, but that sequin shaker is adorable!
Amber Hight said…
These are amazing cards, Amy! I love the first with the vellum and sequins inside, and the second one is just as amazing!!!
Angi Barrs said…
What lovely card designs! I love how you used the vellum!
Lydia Fiedler said…
WOWWW - I love them both so much!! You really made those images shine!
These are so fabulous, Amy! Love the sequin shaker. And the second card is so powerful (and pretty).
Unknown said…
I really enjoyed your cards! Thanks for sharing!
Virginia L. said…
Love love love your well thought-out designs!! I adore everything about them, Amy! You rock this blog hop!
Thordis said…
Beautiful cards :)
wendipooh13 said…
amazing cards!! LOVE the shaker part on the top one!!
These are gorgeous and so special!
carol mcgregor said…
Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.
Lori Kobular said…
I love both of your cards!! The shaker card is awesome with all the bald heads in the background! Your second is just so sweet! I love this stamp set!!
Wow wow wow!! These are gorgeous! I loveeeeee that shaker!!!!!!
Loly Borda said…
Both cards are awesome Amy! TFS
Julie Ebersole said…
Both of these are just fab, Amy!!!
Unknown said…
Love the shaker card-must try. My mom is a 20+ years breast cancer survivor. Thanks.
Lea Lawson said…
These are both fantastic, Amy! I especially love the shaker card!!
Beautiful cards Amy! And for such a GREAT cause!
jen said…
Love both of these- such a great cause!!!
Unknown said…
First let me start by saying that I am very sorry that anyone in your life has had to experience breast cancer! It is alway so much more painful to witness it first hand. I love both of your cards and just adore the POWER OF PINK! Thank you for sharing :)
Celeste Goff said…
Two great cards Amy!!
stamping sue said…
really like the vellum shaker card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/
I Card Everyone said…
Oh Amy... so pretty. Why hasn't this simple shaker maker been shown to me before? Darling!
=] M
Deepti said…
Fabulous !! Vellum shaker looks amazing!
Annette Allen said…
WOW these are fabulous.. great designing Amy.. really love that first one..
Cindy C. said…
Both fabulous design Amy!!
Jessi Fogan said…
These are both fabulous, Amy! And yes - get em squished!
Unknown said…
Fabulous cards!! Thankyou for joining in the hop Amy! Glad we could spread some awareness and smiles together :)
Cris G. said…
Two very beautiful cards, Amy... and full of meaning. Love the messages of strength and hope in this stamp set, they make many women smile in the middle of one of the worse battles there is. You are right to remember our annual mammogram, because checking by ourselves is not enough... sometimes this disease is silent, with no symptoms, and can only be diagnosed with the help of technology. Unfortunately I have several cases in my own family.
Tracey McNeely said…
Fabulous cards, the shaker is fabulous and I love your papers on the second!
lauren bergold said…
oh *WOW*!!!!!!!!!!! what a great set* and your cards are AWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMME!!! i love the shaker one, with the pink sequins, and the ribbon stamped on THE OTHER SIDE of the vellum. you are a GENIUS!!! <3 <3 <3
Audrey Pettit said…
OMGosh, you did an amazing job on your pink power cards, Amy! Such a fabulous stamp set and you have given it the love it deserves! Gorgeous!
Heather North said…
I'm a sentiment junkie too and love the two you have used. The vellum stitched panel over your silhouettes is lovely.
jessica said…
2 AMAZING cards!!!
LOVE them!
Lisa Lara said…
Gorgeous cards Amy. I love the sequins stitched in.
Marisa said…
Two wonderful cards, Amy :) Thanks for joining us for this month`s Diva Dare.