give thanks.


This is post 2 of 2...click HERE for my Your Next Stamp Fun Friday Challenge


If you know me, you know that I love a good challenge.  I don't know what I would do without all the various challenge blogs out there.  It's definitely overwhelming trying to keep up with everything.  Personally, I think challenges should all for for 2 weeks.

Anywho's this card is based on a couple challenges.  Hopefully you can spot the one right away.

cardstock:  pti, paper accents/vellum  stamps:  precious remembrance/fall colors, reverse confetti/forever fall  ink:  fresh ink/charcoal, gold embossing powder, your next stamp/gold nugget gum drops

If you've been following me for awhile, you know how much I love fall inspired cards.  So I was thrilled to have won the Precious Remembrance Fall Colors set.  Even though the images are fine detailed, I love how those leaves look embossed in gold.


The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's Forever Fall set.  I stamped it in Fresh Ink Charcoal.  I thought gold would have been too much and I'm loving the Charcoal.

So, Vicki's card over on Muse inspired me:


My fall inspired card is ala



I'm also linking up over at Virginia's View Challenge



Yay for Friday's!  What on your schedule for today?



Comments

Jessi Fogan said…
I thought MUSE right away! Yay! Your inspiration is clear but the take on it is all yours - love the leaves, the sentimentm and the GOLD NUGGET GUM DROPS! best supply name ever!

I know coffee & crafting are on your list today - happy Friday! That's pretty much my list too, with a nice long nap thrown in mid-morning :)
Lynn said…
Phenomenal. The gold embossing is stunning Amy.
Miriam Prantner said…
Gold and gorgeous, love this!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Love your card, Amy! So, so very elegant and such a cool design. The gold embossing and charcoal background are gorgeous!
I agree ... they should be once every 2 weeks or once a month .. too hard for me to craft during the week, so I miss out on a lot of places to play! :) I loveeeeeeee this!!! LOVING those leaves ... FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fabulous… can't go wrong with gold right?
Vicki Dutcher said…
Oh how super fun! Love your take from my card -- Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!!
Tracey McNeely said…
Gorgeous gold embossing
I Card Everyone said…
Spotted a Vicki Dutcher design right away... love that fall set from P.R. This weekend we'll sadly say goodbye to the gardens..
=[ Michele
Jenni's Jems said…
Gorgeous take on the challenge ...love it! x
Virginia L. said…
Well done, Amy! I love the gold element and I love how you showcased the stamp in black card stock! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!
Yay, look at you!!!! Sporting some awesome challenges too!!! Smitten with those fine detail stamps!!! How super elegant!!!
Annette Allen said…
pretty.. love the gold embossing..
So elegant, your golden leaves!
Yuki said…
Oooh so pretty! Love the gold on black and the sentiment on the vellum is perfect!
Happy Dance said…
Very elegant and very cool. Love the simplicity of this and the impact of the gold leaves. Spotted the Muse right away! Well done. Gorgeous card. Bev
Kay Miller said…
Ooooh the gold embossed on the dark background is stunning Amy!!!!
wendipooh13 said…
ok that is just downright gorgeous!!!!
Sylvia said…
Lovely black and gold fall card, Amy, those are wonderful leaf images as well! Happy Friday!
Ardyth said…
These are so pretty - they almost look like leaf skeletons - so delicate and beautiful! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!
Great works Amy the gold embossing is wonderful...
Hugs and kiss
Lisa Lara said…
So lovely Amy. Love your take on Vicki's card. Gorgeous gold on black.
Kelly Latevola said…
Love your take on Vickie's card! So very elegant!!
So pretty! I love anything gold and I'm really liking the gold/black combination right now so I absolutely love your card! It is so nice for autumn.
TesaB said…
Wow for the amazing gold embossing! Just beautiful!!!
Michelle said…
Such a gorgeous card, Amy! I'm with you on the two week challenge concept. ;-)
Kim S said…
Absolutely lovely in gold!
Unknown said…
What a lovely stamp set! You made them look just like leaves falling from the sky. Beautiful card.
Neets B said…
The gold looks stunning on these skeleton leaves and I LOVE those gum drops!
cm said…
Beautiful card...and I agree: two week challenges helps creativity bloom. I need all the 'time' I can get (says she, who often gets her card in at the last moment).
Hugs~c