you are one of a kind





Before we know it, it'll be November.  I'm trying to get in a Holiday State of Mind:


So I picked up the Teresa Collins' Something Wonderful 6x6 at Impress for 40% off.  It's an awesome collection of papers!  I combined it with Paper Smooches' Fresh Snow.  Something that I always forget to do is heat emboss with clear embossing powder when  using the Fresh Inks...that's what I did for the snowflakes.  I used Pink Lemonade ink and clear embossing powder.  I love the variation on the text patterned paper.

See that awesome veneer snowflake? 

paper:  teresa collins/something wonderful  stamps:  paper smooches/fresh snow  ink:  fresh ink cocoa/pink lemonade, clear embossing powder  other: canvas corp clothespin, target wood veneer ornament, reverse confetti tag die

I didn't buy one but 2 packages of them LAST YEAR and I'm finally using them.  I picked them up at Target.

Have you heard what Jingle Belles is doing?


Well for one, their current challenge is


What's even more awesome is that for every new card that links up to their challenge, they will donate $4 to the Susan G Komen Foundation!  Now how FABulous is that?!  So, what are you waiting for?  Get those Pink Supplies out and start creatin'!

I was also inspired by Lisa Arana's card over at




I'm also linking up to




Evidently I was feeling the festive holiday vibe and designed another Christmas inspired card:

paper:  strathmore  stamps:  neat & tangled/simple christmas ink:  distress ink  other:  watercolor brush

I used the Neat & Tangled Simple Christmas set.   I used distress ink and a fine tip paintbrush to kind of smoosh the ink around.  Since it had such a rustic feel, I topped the card off with some May Arts twine.

I was inspired by



Next Saturday a bunch of crafty girls are coming over for our first annual Holiday Kick-off!  I'm looking forward to the Make 'n Takes that the lovely Kimberly has designed for us.  I need to get a jump start on my holiday cards!


Comments

I Card Everyone said…
Now I'm dreaming of a pink Christmas! Two very beautiful cards, Amy!
=] Michele
Lynn said…
I love both cards...the wood snowflake on the first one is the perfect extra touch and your clean crisp stamping on the second is gorgeous. Love seeing you at PS Sparks and Festive Friday Amy!
Went to Michael's yesterday ... $83.00 later .. lol .. bought enough to make 12 Christmas gifts!! YAY!! Go ME!!!! :) I loveeeeeee these!!! So gorgeous! LOVING that snowflake on the first one!!!!!!
Cindy Lovell said…
2 amazing card,Amy!! I love the pink snowflakes on the first one the image on the second one!! Beautiful job!!!
SmilynStef said…
What a perfectly pink card ... love it ... so glad you went Pink with us at Jingle Belles.
wendipooh13 said…
oh my gosh cute!!! LOOOOOOVE the pink with snowflakes!!!
Lisa Petrella said…
Super cute holiday cards, Amy!!! And thanks for the heads-up about the Jingle Belles challenge---what an awesome idea!!! I'm hoping to have time to play along!
Marisa said…
ADORE that wooden snowflake!! Great card too!!
Gorgeous cards - both of them!
Julie Ebersole said…
Awesome sauce!!! These are so cute, Amy!!! Lovin' the pink snowflakes!!!
Annette Allen said…
Amy this is so pretty.. loving all the pink.. :)
Marie Bingaman said…
That tiny snowflake on the top card is utter perfection in my book! I'm gonna have to look harder at Target after this Christmas...lol Great collection of cards! :)
Helen Gullett said…
Wow this pink christmas card us gorgeous, Amy. I never thought using other color than white, red and green. Now you have inspired me :)
Miriam Prantner said…
Love the little clothespin on the first card and the second is so sweet and rustic!
Ashley Horton said…
Awesome cards Amy! It's never too early to get in the Christmas spirit!! 😊
Both of your cards are beautiful--I'm so bummed I missed out on those wood snowflakes from Target, though! Your second card would be so pretty in a frame! (Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!)
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous Amy! I love the stripes and the floral on the 1st one!
TesaB said…
Both are wonderful! Love the soft pink snowflake background and such a wonderful tag on the first one! And LOVE the multi color stamping and gorgeous twine on the second one!
Shona Chambers said…
Oh, a pink christmas, what a good idea! Your card is so pretty and I love a christmas card in non-traditional colours. I'm so going to enter the Jingle Belle's challenge, what a wonderful idea, thank you for mentioning it!!
Lesley said…
Pink and snowflakes is one of my fav combos! Love the veneer...I too have some veneer snowflakes in my stash! Thanks for the inspiration!
Lisa Lara said…
I love those soft pink snowflakes on the dp Amy. Love the striped tag.
Jessi Fogan said…
These are both gorgeous!! I love the Pink Lemonade colour against the texty background - so funky! And that SNOWFLAKE! The second card is so simple & absolutely beautiful in its simplicity :)
Vicki Dutcher said…
Adorable pink Christmas card - fits into the challenges perfectly!
Sylvia said…
Wonderful cards, Amy, it's getting ever so close to Thanksgiving! Haven't done much for Christmas, but the creating on a Friday sounds good! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Kim S said…
So sweet! Love that simple sentiment on the striped paper - and one wooden snowflake!
lauren bergold said…
oooooooooooooh! SMOP, missus, both of these are ♥INCREDIBLE♥! that veneer snowflake is indeed amazing, especially against the cool stripey tag, but i have to say my very very favorite part is the pink snowflake background! HOLY WOW, that looks cool, i'm actually considering getting out my heat gun! (!!!) :) thank you, thank you, thank you for "thinking pink" with us at JINGLE BELLES in an awesome cause! ♥♥♥♥♥
Ardyth said…
This looks hand-painted! Love the look of the 'swooshed' ink and the simplicity of the layout! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!
Gina Lideros said…
Awesome card Amy! I love anything with pink. I picked up those wood veneer pieces at Target last year too, they are just too cute :)
Anonymous said…
I was so excited to come over from the TAG challenge, and now none of your pics are showing up!! I will try to refresh the page for the 3rd time! Anyway, love what I could see over at the challenge site!!! xo
Audrey Pettit said…
Ooh, gorgeous holiday cards, Amy! Love the rustic simplicity of your woodland card and love all the pink and fun of your snowflake one!
Leigh Penner said…
So sweet & pretty! I love it!
Kay Miller said…
Oh Amy, both of your cards are absolutely wonderful! Love the little tag on the first and the rustic feel of the second! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)
Deepti said…
Oh my goodness !!! I love the cards but the first one.... I just don't seem to get my eyes off it!!
Yuki said…
Absolutely love both of your cards! I especially love the non-traditional colors you used on the first card, so pretty!
Cris G. said…
Gorgeous cards, Amy. I'm also starting busy season very soon... I have cards to make and also many gifts *wink*. :S
Geri said…
Both of these are just too sweet, Amy!!! I sure do love the little rustic one you've created for us at Festive Friday! Delighted we could inspire you...thanks so much for joining us!!!
Megan Carroll said…
Love the pink on your Christmas card!! So pretty!
cm said…
Two delights, Amy! Your pink card is eye-catching! Yes, I need to get the ball rolling with Christmas cards, too...Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs~c