hello.





Hello!  Happy Sunday!  I have a fun card to share today with something you might not notice:

hero arts supplies:  stamps: CL838 stamp your own cactus, DC151 hello stamp & cut  paper:  PS621 sunshine layering papers  ink:  AF320 lime to forever green ombre, AF256 just rust  other:  D1113 cactus and flower frame cuts, D112 3d cactus pair frame cuts

I love the Hero Arts Stamp Your Own Cactus set!  There are so many fun combinations that you can put together.  I used the Lime to Forever Green Ombre ink on this one.  The pot was stamped with Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Just Rust.  The cactus has been cut using the 3-D Cactus Pair Frame Cuts.  You cut two and one has a slit on the top and the other has one on the bottom and they slide together giving the pieces a great 3-D view.  It isn't visible on the photos, especially since I used the Hello stamp & cut.  The Hello is a double layer of white craft foam topped off with the Sunshine Layering paper.  I topped off the cactus with a hot pink bloom, compliments of some felt and the Cactus and Flower Frame Cuts.  The center is a Yellow Gemstone.  

So have you figured out what I used on my card that might be a smidge different?  That patterned panel....any guesses?  Aha...no, it isn't a Starbucks Coffee Sleeve (smiling)....it's the interior of a Tazo Tea Box!  I know, right?!  I sent my boy a bunch of tea and rather than letting the packaging take up valuable real estate in the priority flat flat box, I put the tea bags in a zip lock bag.  I was getting ready to recycle the box and noticed the fun pattern on the interior.


The blue behind the cactus is ala Peerless and the grounding under the pot is Kuretake Gansai Tambi.

My card was inspired by, the challenge:


I've been down with some sort of flu bug, I have pics that I still need to take but I did want to share this one:


Kimberly and I took Vicki to the Starbucks Reserve!  Afterwards we headed to Impress....perfect day if you ask me♡








Comments

Jen W. said…
Brilliant up cycling - that pattern is gorgeous!
That is AWESOME how you used that!!! LOVING the cactus and the colors!!! And how fun to hang out with friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Debbie Standard said…
Totally loving your card!
I Card Everyone said…
Totally perfect - your day, the re-purposed packaging [right after my heart, aren't you?] and that darling Cactus!
=]
cm said…
Your cactus card is a delight - and how innovative are you in upcycling the tea box! Kimberly, Vicki and you: gorgeous!! Sounds like a perfect day, indeed!
Hugs~c
Vicki Dutcher said…
Totally love that cactus! Awesome recycle of the packaging too~ And YES, it was a super fun day, thanks again!
Deepti said…
Love the upcycling, who could have guessed that ;) I also love the ombré ink on the cactus.
totally fab, love it! Wish I could've been there with you!
Shelly said…
Such an awesome card, Amy! Loved how you used the inside of the tea box! (I honestly was thinking coffee sleeve. lol) Love the pic, too! :) And hope you feel better soon! Hugs
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy the cactus is the cutest! I told you that you would be great at Hero! ;)
Lesley said…
I adore this sweet little card my friend! Happy that you had such a great day! Thank you so much for joining us at The Challenge!
Lynn said…
Definitely a perfect day. Hope you get back to 100% soon Amy. Love your card. Way to up cycle!
Nora Noll said…
I hope you feel better soon. The flu stinks!! I LOVE your card. That cactus image is adorable!! What a great photo too. So jealous. I want to come next time!!
Samantha Mann said…
Love love love! That ombré cactus is ADORABLE!!! Love the blue behind it and the recycled packaging is AWESOME!!! I sure hope you feel better soon!! ❤️
Ahhh Totally Sweet!!!
Thanks for joining us at "The Challenge" on Lesley Croghan's blog 'Always Playing with Paper' !!!!
Chriss Blagrave said…
Oh, I do love your cactus! Cool how they engineered the cut. Lovely water colours and twinkling bloom. The "patterned paper" is delicious and you are so clever to upcycle! I would do that too!
Unknown said…
Love your cactus card! And get well soon!
Kim Heggins said…
Amy....this is just adorable, just like you 3 ladies in your photo. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge.
Laura Norris said…
Such a fun cactus! Great colors with that ombre ink. And hanging with stamping friends and coffee?? What could be better?!
Jill Norwood said…
Such a sweet card Amy! Hooray for tea boxes - such a great upcycle! Sorry you are under the weather! Feel better!!!!! :) Jill
Anonymous said…
Fabulous Card! Love that fun cactus :) So clever of you to use the tea box packaging (super smiles) I'm sure you're missing your "baby".... he'll love all the treats you send him ;-)
Anonymous said…
Love your cactus card Amy!
Julia Aston said…
Sweet cactus on this AMy - great re-use of packaging too! How fun to get together with Kimberly and Vicki!
Lisa Petrella said…
Your cactus card is super fun!!! Starbucks Reserve AND Impress AND your stamping buddies---sounds like a super ultra fabulous day to me!!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oooh, fabulous bit of recycling on this one, Amy! Love the print and LOVE the catcus! The watercoloring behind sets it all off so well.
Really sorry to hear you've been sick. Love that you got to hang out with some crafty buddies, though! And hope you feel better soon!
Miriam Prantner said…
Loving that cactus and the hello die! How fun to meet crafty friends!
jessica said…
Such a gorgeous card Amy!!
Helen F. said…
I totally recognized the Tazo Tea box, but couldn't remember from what :-D Love the 3-D ombre cactus and hello dies on your adorable card, Amy!
Libby Hickson said…
Love your fab cactus card!! And using the tea box was brilliant!!