instant human



This is so me in the morning..makes me chuckle.

cardstock:  recollections/110/white, stampin' up bermuda bay  stamps:  skipping stones design/funny coffee vol #1  ink:  memento tuxedo, fresh ink charcoal, various copics, frayed burlap distress stain other:  spellbinders large circles

Have you heard that Skipping Stones Design is BACK?!  So thrilled to have Heather back with her fun stamp sets!  Any guesses which is my favorite set?!




My intention was to go a whole different route in my card design.  I painfully measured out placement of the coffee cups that you see in the background...even brought out the ruler!  I ended up cutting the base so that that piece is now transformed into a background panel.  This set is chock full of great images and funny sentiments♡  Actually, all of the Skipping Stones Design sets are quite fun....

You really do need to check out the new Blog and the Shop!

My card was inspired by the Sweet Sunday Sketch:



Are you prepping for the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop?!



Comments

Anonymous said…
This is SO FUN!! I love it! She looks particularly familiar (!!) but I love the background with the cups and splat too - ace slippers :-)
This is soooooooooo fun! LOVING the lady and how you did the mugs background!!!!!!!!!!!
PiecesbyEmily said…
oh that's me in the morning, just longer hair lol... Such a fun card, Amy! LOVE it!
Annette Allen said…
I would have guessed that was your favorite.. :) fun card Amy
Vicki Dutcher said…
Love the partial edge cups -- made for great bg paper!
Ha! Ha! This is so me in the mornings. My hair looks like that too! Coffee always makes the day better.
Nancy Thomas said…
My day isn't started if I don't have coffee. Might as well just go back to bed without it. You added so much interest to this card with the background work. Fun!
Dotty Jo said…
This is great! i really hope I get chance to play along in your next Blog hop - the others have fallen at times when I've not been able to get near the craftroom! Jo x
VanessaB said…
hahaha. i love it!! the splash of coffee in the corner is the perfect touch. :)
Yuki said…
Love the sentiment lol! Such a fun card :)
yyam said…
Haha...love the sentiment. Super fun card!
Chan said…
That's hysterical, Amy!! Fun + funny = an awesome card. :D Love it!
Anonymous said…
Absolutely Fun stamp set... LOVE it!!! Fabulous card Amy ;-)
Audrey Pettit said…
This just makes me smile and laugh! Totally adorable card and super fun sentiment that I can soooo relate to!
Nora Noll said…
This card makes me LAUGH. I love the image and the coffee stain you made on the background. Great design!
Diane Jaquay said…
Ha ha, this is me too, Amy! So fun, and I love that stamp set!
Teresa Kline said…
wow Amy, this is an amazing card! I luv it! We are super coffee stoked(grin)about the coffee lovers blog hop too...thanks for the inspiration girl!

sparkle & shine *~*
Shona Chambers said…
Can't believe its nearly time for the next blog hop??! Time goes so fast! This is the coolest stamp set and I think there are so many of us who can relate to how this woman looks. I look like this until I have a shower, although some days even after the shower and I've gotten dressed, I don't look much different!!
jessica said…
That is SO me!! LOVE it!!!
Helen F. said…
HaHa! Funny card~love the BG you created too. Is that a real coffee splat ? :-)
PS: that is really a great stamp set, gotta have it!
Anja said…
Such a fun card, Amy! Especially love the sentiment and the coffee splat. Also a great idea to stamp a coffee cup background. Well done!
As are the rest of your cards Amy, this one is no less fabulous! I love your splat and your Copic coloring is always the best!
Tanja said…
love the layout and the color combo - such a fun card
Deepti said…
Hahaha this is so fun! Fab layout :)
Michelle said…
Fun card and totally me first thing in the morning! lol