Scandinavian Holiday.




Scandinavian Holiday....it's a new set by Lia Griffith and what I would call my card.
  
hero arts supply - cardstock:  PS620 blush mix layering paper  stamps:  CG681 candy stripe bold prints, CL900 scandinavian holiday by lia, CL899 elves by lia  ink: AF249 unicorn white, AF225 red royal

I was inspired by THIS pin and managed to combine two of Lia's stamp sets:





Elves by Lia

The available space to stamp was 3 x 4 so the clusters of images was perfect!  The excellent choice of red ink = Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Red Royal.

The center band is a slice of Blush Mix Layering paper that has been stamped with the Candy Stripe Bold Print in Unicorn.



The card base...totally old, I've always had a thing of collecting card base sets and this has been in my stash forever...gotta love a corrugated base!

I was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches:


I used the sketch in a portrait layout.  

Happy Friday!  Still trying to beat this 'bug' and so happy for the weekend!






Comments

Love love love this!!!! Just gorgeous! Feel better!! xoxox!!!!
Leigh Penner said…
I love your card, Amy -- especially your crimped background! So fun!
Audrey Pettit said…
Such an adorable card, Amy! I've got Scandinavian roots, so I am loving those stamps, and love the little collage you put together. And that red is the perfect color for this. The contrast of the stripes on the corrugate versus the diagonal stripes of the background stamp are really fun and eye catching, too.
Brandi said…
This card is so fun! I loooove the theme!
CraftyTime4U said…
What a cute images, you always rock all the sketches, I also like the texture of the brown cardstock!
Have a lovely weekend Amy!
Annette Allen said…
what a pretty card.. i love those adorable images..
Angie Tieman said…
Oh my goodness, I love, love, love these!
Debbie Standard said…
Too cute Amy! I love this!
Nora Noll said…
I would say this was totally Scandinavian too!! I love the red and your fun design. Great card!!
Happy Dance said…
I bought those little elves/gnomes?! Fell in love with them right away!! Your Scandinavian card is lovely, and would be a huge hit here in the Midwest. The reds are perfect. Love this one. Have a great weekend. CLBH coming up fast, too! Get some rest ahead of time, lol! Bev
None None said…
Amy - this is just dyrbar (precious in Swedish)! I love the Scandinavian bent of your card and the colors you used are so on point! This really appeals to my Scandinavian roots so I am going to have to hunt this set down as I know a few family members would get a kick out of seeing cards made with this set at Christmas. I love the clean graphic look of your collage. Hope you are feeling better soon!
Rubeena I. said…
pretty creative! xoxo
Anonymous said…
Love the Scandinavian theme of this lovely Christmas card :-)
Love this so much, Amy!!!! xo
Laura Norris said…
What fun! Love the stripe background with the corrugated base!
Lynn said…
Love, love this Amy!
Helen F. said…
Wonderful card and sweet stamp set!
Deepti said…
This is awesome! Love how you got inspired :)
Cindy Hall said…
I love the crimped background for great texture and dimension, and the image does look like old Bavarian or Scandnavian. Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!
Miriam Prantner said…
I just love these sets and what a great card!
Yuki said…
Pretty card! Really loving that background stamp!
Kim Heggins said…
Wonderful holiday card...love that background!
Libby Hickson said…
I love how you just arranged all the images like that - so cute!!