Best of Luck



So in between prepping for the upcoming Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, I'm doing some serious Spring Cleaning and trying to squeak in crafty time.

I bought the adorable BB Adventure is Calling because of THIS card by Donnađź’š


So, if you didn't know, my boy goes to college in NYC.  We live in Washington State, he couldn't pick another college a smidge closer (smiles)?  Nah, he was meant to be in New York and we've reaped the benefits of being able to visit him there.  I've been able to visit 2-3 times a year but this year we're saving up for Paris!  He's going to study abroad over there so the girl and I are planning on visiting him in Paris this fall.  

This card is going to get tucked into my girl's suitcase as she travels to NYC to visit her brother and celebrate her 22nd birthday.  Sigh, how can she be 22?  I remember when I was 22 and I can tell you, that was a very long time ago.

I teamed up Adventure is calling with the Die-namics New York Skyline and Cross-Stitched Circles Stax.  Love the look of the Lined Up Dots Background.

My card was inspired by the current MFT Sketch Challenge:


Here's to a GREAT week!



Comments

Vicki Dutcher said…
Perfect travel card nice trip to look forward too also!
Awwwwwwwwww this is ADORABLE and loving the NYC background!!!! And YAY for Paris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
This is SUCH a cute card, Amy! I LOVE the neutral grey background design mixed with the pop of color on that adorable girl! What a fab take on that sketch design! And what a fun surprise for your daughter! And ditto what Julie said.... YAY for Paris!
Shelly said…
Super sweet card, Amy!
Oh how kids grow up so quick!...And Paris?!...That sounds amazing! Enjoy and if you're willing to share, I'd love to see some pics. ;)
Hugs
donna mikasa said…
I love it when you use MFT products! Thanks for the shout out! Hope your girl has a safe trip to NYC and spends a great BD with your boy!
Lisa Petrella said…
So cute and so perfect for this occasion! And Paris?!?! That's awesome! I've never been but it's definitely on my travel wish list :)
Billie A said…
I live in WA state also.. SW Washington.. I love this cute card. Great image I love MFT PI images. The scene is darling.
Becca Cruger said…
Awwwww this is so cute! New York is one of my fave cities!
wow! love it, such a sweet scene :)
Lynn said…
Time does fly doesn't it! Neither of us are old enough to have kids in their 20s :)!! Love this card...beyond adorable!!
Nora Noll said…
This is adorable!! I LOVE the fun way you used the NYC skyline in the background. This stamp is so cute!! I live 2 hours from NYC in CT and we go in a couple times of year by train. NYC is fun...and Paris is too!! We went there two summers ago. AMAZING trip!!
Celeste Goff said…
Such a sweet card Amy!!!
Helen F. said…
Oh my, this is just the sweetest image! LOVE your card, Amy!
Kim Heggins said…
Sweet card...love that little girl.
Cris G. said…
Super sweet, Amy! I'm sure your daughter will love it, couldn't be more appropriate for the occasion. Yay for Paris! I've never been there, but my husband (not yet...) was there during the late 80's... to see the concert of Pink Floyd in Versailles, can you believe it? I remember he was very impressed about the city when he arrived :).
Me too! (Okay, not so much in the cleaning department). Love this!
Happy Dance said…
Paris.... Heck, these days I'd settle for a pop down to Chicago, lol! What a sweet card, my friend. I know she'll smile when she spots this in her bag. You're such a good mommy. And I'm guessing you had your daughter when you were 8...lol! I can't even fool the little grandkids anymore about being 39! Anyway, you've rocked the sketch, and that designer paper is awesome!! As is your whole card. LOVE it. Bev
Lisa Lara said…
This card is so awesome Amy. WOW. Love the pop of color.
Julia Aston said…
What a fun card for the girl as she travels to NYC - and how wonderful that you both will go to Paris to visit the boy!! Love your card design Amy!
Darnell said…
What a perfect card for your daughter, Amy! Goodness, I had no idea you had grown children ~ you look 22 yourself in your photo!! How amazing that you are visiting NYC a lot and you are off to Paris in the fall! FUN!! Hugs, Darnell
lauren bergold said…
i looooooooooooove this card... i may have already mentioned that, but it bears repeating!!! :)