Spellbinders: Never Too Old




The wonderful folks at Spellbinders sent me the Die D-Lites Gears Etched Dies:


Here's how I was inspired:


If you've been following me for awhile, you know that I tend to be a clean + crisp kind of gal.  Those gears were calling to be on a project that is grungy....don't you agree?  The gears have been inked up with Black Soot Distress Oxide and Hero Arts Pumpkin Pie Mid-Tone Shadow Ink.

I'm a big fan of the ink smooshing technique.  The background is a combo of Distress Oxides in Black Soot, Peacock Feathers + Fossilized Amber.

The sentiment is by Verve Stamps, Words of Wisdom.

My card was inspired by CAS(E) this sketch!






Affiliate shopping links at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Leigh Penner said…
This is amazing, Amy! Fabulous take on the sketch!
This is gorgeous! LOVING the gears, the colors and that sentiment!!!!!!
Fikreta said…
its so great card!
Melissa Grant said…
Definitely great take of the sketch...nice job!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Look at u stepping out of the box! Quite fabulous 😊
I Card Everyone said…
amy I never would have imagined you doing grunge, but I shouldn't be surprised - you can do anything... fabulously!
=]
Audrey Pettit said…
You nailed the grunge look, my friend! Awesome!
Lisa said…
Oh my that background is fantastic!!! Love this card. Very cool gears and the background is perfect for them!
Macarena said…
Simple and pretty. Lovely background and the addition of vellum is a sweet touch to the rough rest of the project. Thank you for grunge it up with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
I love gears always. Your color combination is a great set of industrial chic.

Diana @ Playing
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/