Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (proj 3) Power Poppy - You've bean on my mind





Hello and Welcome to Day Two of the Spring | Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  Did you have fun yesterday?  Wow, talk about loads of inspiration!  Loving all the linked up projects so far!  Have you joined in the fun yet?

Today I'm featuring a gorgeous image From Power Poppy:


Isn't it gorgeous?!  The Cup of Columbine set was recently released as part of their Clear Collection as Cheerful Columbine.

Here's how I was inspired, I colored the digital version, Cup of Columbine:


I'll be the first one to say that I'm no colorista.  After checking out Power Poppy's gorgeous IG account, I was a bit intimidated.  I grabbed some of my favorite colors and went to town.


I color slowly, mostly because as I get older my capabilities to 'stay in the lines' tends to be compromised with my slight case of 'squirrel'.  I'm easily distracted.


I tend to be a last minute nelly.  Is that a saying?  If it isn't, it is now.  Not sure why I don't start projects earlier but I keep telling myself I do better under pressure.  Oh yes, the administrative portion of the hop is quite time consuming too.

I thoroughly enjoyed coloring this project though.  I was apprehensive to color the background the pale green for fear I wouldn't end up liking it but I love it...Do you see the smidge of plaid pattern paper? Both the paper and the sentiment are by My Favorite Things.

A big Thank You to Power Poppy for providing the gorgeous digital images for the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Design team for the hop!

Some links are Affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Cindy C. said…
It is a pretty image, and you did good coloring it!! I really like the soft palette.
Esther Asbury said…
Gorgeous coloring of that Power Poppy image! (love their stuff!)
KT Fit Kitty said…
You say you're not a colorista but your colouring looks beautiful! Love the soft shades you used! Gorgeous card, Amy!
Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!
So beautiful the way you colored it.
New Creations said…
Love the soft coloring on this pretty image and you made it more beautiful!
Brandi R said…
Oh Amy! This is gorgeous!! Love the soft colors and absolutely adore that image ♥
Hetty said…
Such a lovely card in beautiful colorimg, Amy.
MariLynn said…
Beautiful flowers. I love the little bird.
It's always great to see your cards that have the amazing Copic coloring. You really know what you're doing, and it's fabulous. I need to learn....a lot. Thanks for sharing this. It's lovely.
Jennifer said…
Very pretty! Love the pretty colors you chose
Wow!! How sweet image and such delicate colouring! Fabulous! Love this card!
Marlena M. said…
Fantastic color skills Amy~I'm in awe of the time you give for these hops. Thank you for your hard work!
Such a beautiful job on this image! I love the soft green in the background and that you colored it!!! I always love seeing your colored cards (while they are so time consuming, they provide great reward). :)
Fikreta said…
your card is stunning,Amy!
Billie A said…
Very pretty card. Fun image and great coloring. Love the fun sentiment.
Helen F. said…
Oh Amy! I think we have a new Colorista in town! Your card (coloring) is gorgeous~LOVE this sweet image and your color scheme here (let's not overlook that pretty plaid paper).
Lisa said…
So so pretty! Love the soft colors and beautiful coloring!
nancy carroll said…
OH, I adore your coloring!!!! AWESOME CARD
Gorgeous! Love your coloring and that sentiment is awesome!
Cris G. said…
Amazing, Amy... and your coloring is perfection!
This is totally stunning !! Thank you for dropping in at my blog !
cheers
Arianna Barbara said…
Wow! Love so much this stamp. Fabulous colouring! I love the look of your card!
Centellazul said…
Woow but what a nice card I love the image, the cute colors.
What a beautiful card. I really like the colors you used in your coloring is amazing.

Polka Dot Orchard

Doudou said…
Great coloring ans so beautiful card! Perfect for the spring
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE it!! Amazing card.....
Sue D said…
So pretty--I like your coloring.
Unknown said…
This is spring embodied in a card--beautiful!
Helen Gullett said…
I am in lov with this beautiful card, Amy!
Your coloring is fantastic with those pastel color combo.