Berry Sweet | Woodblock Wednesday





Hello and welcome to another edition of Woodblock Wednesday.   So, I literally whipped this up this morning.  I had a couple ideas swirling around last night and played around with some stamps and paper but nothing was hitting me.  I'm working in slow mode these days and my memory is totally shot, more on that in a smidge.

Today I'm featuring Impress Strawberry Patch [5691G] + Berry Sweet [5692C].  


You'll understand my non-traditional color palette in a bit but for now let me tell you that I love gingham.  I had to pair it up with those sweet strawberries.  I stamped the image out three time and took some extra leaves from the third image to 'fluff up' the berry clusters.

Keeping things real.  I've been using my Zig's a bit more and originally I colored those berries with me grabbing the ink from a scribbled surface.  I'm in cleaning/organizing mode so I have a bunch of the clear packaging from stamp sets.  I scribbled the Zig Pink marker and grabbed the color with my watercolor brush.  Total user error, those berries looked horrible.  I really noticed them while photo editing my first batch of photos.  I promptly went downstairs and colored those berries in via zig to paper directly.  The little orange blooms are via scribbled surface.  The leaves are zig to paper directly followed up with the Zig blender...people, you need this in your life.  Thanks to Toni for introducing me to this miracle blender.


The images have been stamped on Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock.  It can take light watercoloring...anything more than that and it starts to pill.


I was inspired by Color Throwdown:


I challenged myself with that particular image and the color challenge, yipes, no green?  I actually like the grey leaves, it certainly makes the berries pop!  I tied it all together with the Cement Gray cardstock base.

My card was inspired by THIS card.  It originally inspired THIS earlier card of mine.

You know what's 'funny' about this card?  This is my third installment of Woodblock Wednesday and somehow I didn't remember my first post used that same strawberry image [sigh].  I have soooo many woodblock stamps and I use the same image twice in 3 weeks.  Oh well, I had fun using it, both times.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you join me again next Wednesday when I'll be teaming up with a fabulous Crafty Friend.

Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

donna mikasa said…
LOVE your Woodblock Wednesday series! No wonder you didn't notice that you used the same strawberry stamp--you took it to a whole new level with the Zigs! ;)
Susie Moore said…
I love any kind of fruit card. Your berries are perfect! Love the coloring!
Don't matter!! You could use the strawberries every week, and I would be WAY ok with that! LOL!! I love them!!!!! This looks amazing! LOVING the gingham too!!!!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Love the pop of color with the cute yellow gingham
I Card Everyone said…
who could ever get too many strawberries? I for one am happy seeing them again... especially with your adorable gingham - check!
=]
Broni said…
I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!
Fikreta said…
very beautiful card!