Forever in our hearts | Reverse Confetti




I used to think that masculine cards were a challenge to design.  That has been quickly replaced by Sympathy cards.  I'm designing a handful of sympathy cards for family friends (more on that later)...Reverse Confetti to the rescue.  


First up is my clean and simple design:


My Reverse Confetti teamie Audrey posted THIS gorgeous card and I knew I needed to use that sentiment.  It's from the Forever In Our Hearts stamp set.  Isn't it a great sentiment set?

I've been a fan of distress oxide blending and generally keep to about 2 color palettes.  This particular card is going to a guy so I wanted to give the color trio a bit of a pop by adding Peacock Feathers.


The base panel is Buttercup, such a soothing color.


The heart shaped die is from my stash.

I was thoroughly inspired by CAS(E) this sketch:


Here's my other design:


I really love how this one turned out.  Those new Bold Blooms in Buttercup + Bellini look so pretty on that panel from the Forever My Love 6x6.  Do you see the leaves?  They've been inked up in Seafoam...so soft and subtle.  


The Forever in Our Hearts sentiment has been heat embossed in white on Stone cardstock.  


The oval dies are part of my stash.

I was inspired by Fusion Card Challenge:

My very dear friend Sherry lost her fight with cancer earlier this week.  


Keeping things real, it's been really hard for me.  I'm thankful for Darin, the kids and my family/friends.  I posted about it on FB and the love and support has been so very appreciated.

The two cards that I shared today are going to 2 of Sherry's siblings.  I have a couple more to make.  It's been a slow process but therapeutic.





Comments

Happy Dance said…
Your cards are beautiful Amy, and I'm sure Sherry's family will appreciate them and find comfort in knowing just how much she was loved. It's never easy to lose someone we love. Hang onto the memories, and I'm here if you need me. Sending gentle hugs. xo Bev
I am so sorry about your friend. I love the cards you made for her siblings! They are simply gorgeous!!!
Nora Noll said…
What lovely cards Amy. I am sure that Sherry's family will appreciate them. I love the blending on the first card and the lovely design on the second. Big Hugs.
Shelly said…
Sympathy cards are always the hardest...however like you said it can be therapeutic. Also the ones receiving them will feel the thought and love. <3 Both of your cards are beautiful. Sending you hugs, my friend.
donna mikasa said…
Love the smidge of blue on the masculine heart. I'm sure Sherry's family will appreciate your heartfelt sympathy cards.
I Card Everyone said…
oh amy, there are few cards that are harder to make, and yet these are the ones that I feel are most appreciated. I am so very sorry for your loss, my friend. Two beautiful ways to express your condolences.
=]
Cynthia Cole said…
So sorry for your loss and I totally get how hard it is losing someone you love. Your sympathy cards are beautiful and I'm sure the family will appreciate them. Big Hugs to you.
MadeByMeghanK said…
Amy these are both gorgeous! I am sooooo sorry for your loss! Sending you hugs!
Sue L. said…
Bob and my hearts go out to you Amy. Its a difficult time when you loose a special friend. Your cards r beautiful and her siblings will appreciate the love you r sending w the cards.
Barb Ghig said…
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, Amy! Your cards are gorgeous and I am sure they will bring comfort to her siblings!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion...I love your take on the sketch!
Fikreta said…
gorgeous cards!