You are in my thoughts | Woodblock Wednesday + Guest Designer






Hello and welcome to the fourth edition of Woodblock Wednesday.  Today's project isn't in my traditional style, which I think is clean + simple.  I'm featuring Impress Large Hibiscus [5636H] + retired A Muse Studio In My Thoughts [9-8633C].


My base panel is bristol that has been cut using the Kat Scrappiness Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle Dies.  I did quick stenciling with an older memory box stencil and Crushed Olive Distress Oxide.  


The Large Hibiscus has been inked up with Versafine Onyx on Bristol.  Keeping things real, I inked this up before and watercolored it with Peerless but didn't like the overall coverage.  This image is quite hefty so after I had photog'd it [I always make last minute decisions during photo editing], I went back to the drawing board on the main image.  I used the same Versafine and Bristol but instead used 4 different shades of Pink Zigs:

Sugared Almond Pink  |  Peach Pink
Pink  |  Dark Pink


I may have gone a bit overboard with the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Gold but generally when I do paint splattering it doesn't come through in my photography.  This certainly did but I have to tell you, the shimmer is AMAZING.


So, I decided to whip up another project that more closely aligned to my style.  It still uses the beautiful Impress Large Hibiscus [5636H] + a different sentiment, Savvy Stamps - Oh Hello Friend [1481E].


My original intention was to not overlap the hibiscus but I did by accident, stepped back and decided I liked it.


I absolutely LOVE that sentiment.

The pop of color is a Melon Mambo panel by Stampin' Up.



Today, I'm so excited to introduce you to my first Guest Designer for Woodblock Wednesday:



Oh my goodness, don't you LOVE her project?!  She used the same main image [love it inked in pink!].  For all the details on her project, please visit her BLOG + IG.

Thank you so much Kimberly for joining me today!  Her use of bright + vibrant colors is always gorgeous!

Woodblock Wednesday Projects:


Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Your cards and hers are GORGEOUS! LOVING those flowers!
Lisa T said…
Gosh, three beautiful projects from that one gorgeous stamp Amy! Love them all, and adore that pop of green in the first one xx
Cindy C. said…
Awesome projects!!
Shelly said…
These are FABULOUS, Amy! I'm loving the overlapping as well. ;) Kimberly's card is beautiful, too. :)
Nora Noll said…
I LOVE how you used that gorgeous stamp on the first one but my favorite is the second. You overlapping is just amazing!!! Off to comment on Kimberly's cards!!
I Card Everyone said…
I love that my two Impress guides/buddies are stamping together - and so beautifully! A gorgeous stamp, lovely Zig-ified [oh that subtle stenciling!] left as a line drawing even more so - perfect overlapped!
=]
Fikreta said…
Very beautiful cards!