A Bug's Life | Doodlebugswa.com + Lawn Fawn


LOL, I had so much fun putting this card together this morning!  For the cardmakers that are challenge-a-holics, they probably know how I was inspired, more on that in a bit.  Let's chat about my card:


When the latest Lawn Fawn release hit, I was smitten with everything.  Today's card features:

A Bug Deal
Hey Lady
Oliver's Stitched ABCs
Backdrop Meadow (Portrait)


Honestly, I was on the fence with the Meadow Backdrop but when we used it at the Creative Escapes Events - Lawn Fawn, I fell in love with it.  

Are you familiar with the movie, A Bug's Life?  It was released in November 1998 and my kids were born in 1995 + 1997.  I have to say, we watched this movie a lot.  VHS even😆

I looked at a ton of different photos for the movie to figure out what bugs I wanted to include and dang it, I don't seem to own a Lawn Fawn ant.  I took the caterpillar and did a bit of creative scissor work.


The paper is from my stash, it's Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes 12x12 pack.

Check out the interior:


I realize if you haven't seen the movie you won't get it but there's this CLIP.  I assure you, I've been muttering "You Fired" so many times today😆

I'm linking up to the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge:


Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

MadeByMeghanK said…
This is adorable Amy! So creative!
Joyce Heinen said…
Adorable card Amy! I love how you added the title with these amazinf new letter dies. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!
HA!!! I knew the reference right away! I loveeeeee this! So FUN!!!!
I Card Everyone said…
Not only did we see that movie, we loved it! and I love your card: inside, and out!
=]
Helen Gullett said…
Oh Amy... this is so very adorable and cute. The movie is so funny too. I loved it
What a wonderful take on our inspied by a book, film or song challenge Amy! I love how you used the film that you used to watch with your children as inspiration - they will love getting that - I will remember to make one for Ted for when he's older - it will be something based on a scene from Cars and Cars 2 (-: Thank you so much for always inspiring me (and others of course!) and for playing along with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin
Fikreta said…
love it! so cute!
Gab said…
haha!! Love it!!! I love how you cut the die from blue and green and then pieced the blue back as sky!