so sorry for your loss | global design project

 

Sympathy cards are always a challenge.  I designed this for a dear friend of mine who recently lost her mother.  I'm to that age where unfortunately I think this is going to be happening more often and it breaks my heart.  

I'm a non-traditional maker of sympathy cards, the thought of designing a stark black and white project isn't necessarily something that I would want to receive during a time of grief.  


I don't tend to mix + match manufacturers when putting a card together but I don't have too many sentiments that work for sympathy cards.  It doesn't help that I had a certain design I wanted to use.

I started off with a pale blue base, I layered an A2 panel with another panel of the same color but .25 inch smaller, Stampin' Up Soft Sky.


The center panel is Bazzill - Butter Mint.  I stamped the Mama Elephant Snowy Tree in Catherine Pooler - Mint to Be.  I inked up the edges with Antique Linen Distress Oxide.  I ran it through my die cutter with the PTI - Linen & Canvas Impression Plate.

The MFT sentiment from their More Essentials Sentiments was inked up in Memento - Rich Cocoa. 


I finished it off with Stampin' Up twine.

I was inspired by the Global Design Project - Case the Designer challenge:


Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Serene, deeply lovely card, Amy. I too find I'm often drawn to non-traditional styles of sympathy cards. In particular, I am often inspired to create designs that include something in the sky, such as a kite, hot air balloon, the moon or stars, etc.

For some, this could been seen as looking towards heaven/the great beyond, for others (or in conjunction with such) it be an uplifting reminder that, in due time, brighter skies will fill their days again.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life