Hope | Guest Designer - Color Hues Challenge

 



I'm super excited to be a guest designer for the Color Hues Challenge!  I'm a huge fan of Nancy's and love all the inspiration from the fantastic team!  The challenge is Blue + Green. Thanks to Cindy for selecting my card as the overall winner for challenge TCH41.

Here's how I was inspired:


Trying out a new photog area.  Having the project upright is a bit more forgiving than a flat lay.  Lots of diecutting and liquid adhesive. 

My cardstock hues are lime green + aqua.


The sentiment from Reverse Confetti's - A Beautiful Day has been heat embossed in white on a dark grey cardstock:

Hope will never be silent.
-Harvey Milk

I've been wanting to design a mid-century modern project taking cues from The Queen, Laura Bassen.  Make sure you also check out the fabulous Joan Bardee for inspiration too.

I didn't know where to start on the pattern itself so I found THIS canvas.  Each square is 1.75 inches, based solely on the circle die that I used.  I decided to go with a semi slimline to be able to include more pattern/squares for the project.

Although my project isn't rainbow themed for #pridemonth.  Here's a bit about Harvey Milk from the milkfoundation.org:

Harvey Milk, was a visionary civil and human rights leader who became one of the first openly gay elected officials in the United States when he won a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1977. Milk’s unprecedented loud and unapologetic proclamation of his authenticity as an openly gay candidate for public office, and his subsequent election gave never before experienced hope  to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) people everywhere at a time when the community was encountering widespread hostility and discrimination. His remarkable career was tragically cut short when he was assassinated nearly a year after taking office.


I can't wait to see how the Color Hues team was inspired.  We hope that you join in the fun and link up!

Comments

I love the graphic look of this cards, it combines perfectly with these bright colors!
Julie B said…
Love the graphic look with those bold summer colours Amy. So pleased to have you GD with us at Color Hues. :)
Cindy Beach said…
Hi Amy, Love your aqua and lime and geometrics! The gray for the sentiment makes the white text pop. We are so glad you joined us this week at Color Hues as GD!
Nancy said…
Sorry I am a bit late in popping by, I had an eye procedure done last week and it was tough to do much of anything for a few days. Thanks for the sweet comment and right back at you, sweetie! Awesome card and great sentiment and your photos always look good to me! Have a great week! HUGS!
Karen said…
I love graphic cards, and the die cuts here are arranged perfectly! I love the two panels side by side--a great design. It's so great to have you as a Guest Designer this time!
cm said…
Amy, your mid-century modern design is so eye-catching! And I'm crushing over the hues of green and blue you paired! So thrilled that you're our guest designer for this challenge!
hugs~c
Tracey McNeely said…
Amy your choice of colour for the challenge is just fantastic! I love the bright vibrant shades you used. So thrilled to see you were our guest this challenge. I agree with you that flat lay is a very difficult way to shoot. I have been thinking of standing my cards up again and now I might actually do it!
Kristie Goulet said…
I love this graphic card, Amy! So pretty in these colors! So happy to have you joining us at Color Hues! xoxo